Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411501 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 02:52:54 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingOpen Mic Hero - ver 1.0 release - link fixed
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Open Mic Hero - ver 1.0 release - link fixed  (Read 15167 times)
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2008, 09:04:17 AM »

F1/F2/F3/F4/F5 and Enter/Return. Like in Frets on Fire.

What are you writing this in? And are you gonna release the source? Tongue

alexandersshen
Level 2

What's a battle?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2008, 02:55:20 PM »

F1/F2/F3/F4/F5 and Enter/Return. Like in Frets on Fire.

What are you writing this in? And are you gonna release the source? Tongue

I know this may sound crazy... but because of my lack of experience with actual coding (outside of courses at University with LISP and Scheme), I'm doing this in Gamemaker 7.0 with mostly GML code (a few drag-n-drop things).   WTF

I'll most likely release the .gmk file when I'm done.  It's all for greater good anyway, right?
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2008, 02:23:56 AM »

Actually, that sounds really cool. I have no idea how you managed to get the 360 guitar to work with it.

alexandersshen
Level 2

What's a battle?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2008, 08:17:59 AM »

UPDATE - Ver .002a - 06/18/2008
Download Link: http://www.wanderingpandacomics.com/games/openmichero/openmichero_002a.zip

Greetings gentlepeople!  Gentleman

I have gone and updated Open Mic Hero to the most recent version (.002a).  There have been a few significant changes to add some monster rockin' functionality.  Here are a list of the highlights.

UPDATES IN THIS VERSION
- Added button icons that show which button you're pressing on screen
- Added two modes of sound playback (Chord Mode and Lead Mode)
- The ability to load your own sound banks Shocked
- Keyboard support! (use the F1-F5 keys and Enter to strum)
- The same old ugly graphics from before (which will be updated)
- I've included two template sound banks: acoustic guitar and drum kit

Please read the "readme.txt" to get an understanding of how loading your own sound banks (as well as creating them) works.  It's pretty straight forward actually, but not conforming to the details will cause errors and the universe to eat itself.

Just a little run down on the differences between Chord Mode and Lead Mode and why I came to this decision...
Chord Mode: This is your typical Guitar Hero/Rock Band/Guitar Freaks mode.  Different combinations of buttons = different sounds to play.  This allows the greatest volume of sounds that can be attached to a sound bank.  You play one at a time.

Lead Mode: This mode only allows for five (5) sounds.  Each one is attached to a button on the controller.  The advantage of using this mode is that you can layer these sounds (i.e. very useful for a drum kit).  So though there are only five sounds, you can potentially create a symphony of noise with it.

Will someone make me a "Pots and Pans" or "Homeless Guy with White Plastic Buckets" sound bank?  Sweet.

Download Link: http://www.wanderingpandacomics.com/games/openmichero/openmichero_002a.zip
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2008, 09:48:47 AM »

Awesome!

... Am I allowed to take a shot a making better graphics?

alexandersshen
Level 2

What's a battle?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2008, 09:54:40 AM »

Awesome!

... Am I allowed to take a shot a making better graphics?

Sure!  I'd actually love to see people create some avatars 'cause I'd like the user to be able to select their avatar, give them a name, maybe do a customizable clothes thing and whatnot. 

These graphics were totally 10 second, thrown together, things.  The buttons are actually just left over sprites from another one of my games but with a hue change (http://www.wanderingpandacomics.com/blog/gui.php).

This is actually one of the images I'd like to use in the game that I did:
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 09:56:28 AM by alexandersshen » Logged
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2008, 04:33:18 PM »

You rock my face, Alex!  This is very, very cool. Beer!
shinygerbil
Blew Blow (Loved It)
Level 10

GET off your horse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2008, 05:02:22 PM »

Mad props, this is sweet. Kiss

Shame I don't have a single musical bone in my body Wink

olücæbelel
alexandersshen
Level 2

What's a battle?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2008, 09:13:19 AM »

UPDATE 06/26/2008

My, my... I've been uber busy at work and I think my eyes are going to fall out.  In any case, I just cleaned up everything and released version 1.0.  Hopefully everything works out the way it's supposed to.

I decided to keep it as a toy/app for now than a full-blown game with RPG style elements.  I also seemed to have put aside ideas for any crazy ash artwork, like some vinyl decal store threw up all over the place.  The most appropriate thing displayed in this entire game: masking tape.

If I can get my hands on the older Guitar Hero controller (that white one), I can try to get it to work.  Thanks to everyone for their support!  I'll probably come back to this project at a later date when I complete other ideas that are punching me in me noggin.  Open Mic Hero II... 2009.

Note: Refer to the Sound Chart for which button combinations correspond to which sound files that will be played.

Download Link:
http://www.wanderingpandacomics.com/games/openmichero/openmichero100.zip

Sound Chart (for making your own sound bank): http://www.wanderingpandacomics.com/games/openmichero/openmichero_chart.htm
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 12:27:07 AM by alexandersshen » Logged
Racki
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2009, 06:18:44 AM »

I've made a song with daft punk loops...

see it at youtube

greets Racki

« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 09:32:58 AM by Melly » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic