Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411429 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 03:01:57 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsGuanxi
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Guanxi  (Read 13163 times)
ninto
Level 4

slowly

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2011, 10:44:13 AM »

Thanks very much! (:

Quote from: SolarLune
That would make it a total surprise when you equip the 'Saved Cat From Tree' sticker and it looked like cat ears or something.

My god you are a genius. <333333 THIS!!!!

Cheers!  Toast Right
ninto
Level 4

slowly

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2011, 12:58:20 PM »

Here's some development sketches~

Detail:

I haven't decided if I'm going to add those supports in the final thing...
FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2011, 01:37:23 PM »

I'd love to print some posters and put them up around my neighborhood, too, if you wouldn't mind!  This is looking gorgeous!
initials
Level 2

Initials

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2011, 06:28:03 PM »

I'm now a fan. I've seen bits and pieces in the pixel art and mockups threads but I haven't seen this thread before.
I'm going to follow this game closely.
Nice work using the QR codes! I really like the idea of street art/indie games colliding.

Initials
VFX/Games/Music
Super Lemonade Factory, Super Lemonade Factory Part Two, Revvolvver, Four Chambers of the Human Heart.
ninto
Level 4

slowly

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2011, 06:47:51 PM »

I'm now a fan. I've seen bits and pieces in the pixel art and mockups threads but I haven't seen this thread before.
Nice work using the QR codes! I really like the idea of street art/indie games colliding.

Thanks a lot! (:
By the way, your game looks awesome, great work on it!  Gentleman
initials
Level 2

Initials

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2011, 07:18:19 PM »

Thanks a lot! (:
By the way, your game looks awesome, great work on it!  Gentleman

No thank you!
It only looks awesome because of Miguelito. He did the graphics. It's up to me to make the game play as good as it looks.

Anyway, back to Guanxi,it's got a lot going for it. It looks great. You're all over the PR and advertising side of things which is impressive. It's one thing that many indie games fail to do, and I say this because I have tried and am trying to do a better job advertising my own games.

Keep it up, I'll be following along.

Initials
VFX/Games/Music
Super Lemonade Factory, Super Lemonade Factory Part Two, Revvolvver, Four Chambers of the Human Heart.
Brayzen
Level 0

@CurveballGames - Unity developer, hobbyist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2011, 02:11:05 AM »

I love a good RPG. I don't think there are enough good ones out there, so I'll be very keen to play this when it comes out. Looks very good so far, please keep up the good work!  Corny Laugh

sonicblastoise
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2011, 01:53:22 PM »

Seriously, ninto, I'm about to leave this job where I can print lots of stuff for free and post them on lampposts in downtown LA and you STILL haven't sent me the template to print them!

PM ME!

If you want, you know, like, no pressure or nothing...
ninto
Level 4

slowly

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2011, 03:54:03 PM »

Thanks a lot! (:
By the way, your game looks awesome, great work on the game it it!  Gentleman

No thank you!
It only looks awesome because of Miguelito. He did the graphics. It's up to me to make the game play as good as it looks.

Anyway, back to Guanxi,it's got a lot going for it. It looks great. You're all over the PR and advertising side of things which is impressive. It's one thing that many indie games fail to do, and I say this because I have tried and am trying to do a better job advertising my own games.

Keep it up, I'll be following along.

Thank you! I feel like I'm working more on getting the word out than working on the game itself, heh...  Concerned

I love a good RPG. I don't think there are enough good ones out there, so I'll be very keen to play this when it comes out. Looks very good so far, please keep up the good work!  Corny Laugh

Woah, that smiley is creepy. Anyways, thanks, it means a lot. "Corny Laugh" XD

Seriously, ninto, I'm about to leave this job where I can print lots of stuff for free and post them on lampposts in downtown LA and you STILL haven't sent me the template to print them!

PM ME!

If you want, you know, like, no pressure or nothing...

Sent you a PM. Thanks, make sure to post some pictures of the results! /hypocrite
FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2011, 03:56:56 PM »

I would also love some of those templates, as I live right by Union Square in San Francisco, and that's a people-palooza!
ninto
Level 4

slowly

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2011, 04:18:21 PM »

Sent PM.

<3 you guys.  Tears of Joy
ninto
Level 4

slowly

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2011, 08:29:24 AM »

Day 58

Hi, I'm starting to take requests for hats/stickers! They can be copyrighted, but I won't end up using those for the game.  Who, Me?
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2011, 09:28:50 AM »

Perhaps make a sticker template, and use the names of the people whose sticker submissions you accept as the names of the NPCs?

Also, super instant marketing and merchandise Corny Laugh

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
leonelc29
« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2011, 08:48:02 PM »

Hi, I'm starting to take requests for hats/stickers! They can be copyrighted, but I won't end up using those for the game.  Who, Me?
i don't know what it mean, but i guess it mean this:

yeah, it's not cool.
sonicblastoise
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2011, 09:57:02 AM »

yeah, it's not cool.

This is super cool!
ninto
Level 4

slowly

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2011, 03:11:43 PM »

i don't know what it mean, but i guess it mean this:

yeah, it's not cool.

Hehe, that's actually pretty neat. Although, with the 3D hat, it really brings out the 2D in the character, so I'm thinking I'll stick to 2D hats.

Perhaps make a sticker template, and use the names of the people whose sticker submissions you accept as the names of the NPCs?

Also, super instant marketing and merchandise Corny Laugh

I'm not so sure what you're saying. Do you mean legit stickers? Because I just ran out earlier today and bought some sticker paper (I think that's what it's called) and I'm going to print some neat stuff on it related to the game.

Also, what's an NPC?  Concerned
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2011, 03:19:57 PM »

NPC = Non Player Character / Non-Playable Character = civilians or whoever you talk to and help out in your game.

Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2011, 03:38:45 PM »

Uh, yeah, I don't mean a real sticker template, but rather:

Put up a little image here with the size/shape of the in-game stickers, and let people design some? And the ones you like can get into the game, just so you can have tons of options. And if you wanted to credit the designers of the stickers you chose, you could name the in-game's town residents (NPCs) after them, or put their names on the wall, or something. If you like, just a thought to get some outside attention for your game

Reason I thought of this was because people requesting stickers/hats/etc may not know exactly what you're looking for, and the above way would just let you pick and choose.

And if the game really takes off (or even if you just feel like it) you could make up real life sticker books featuring your favourites of the in-game stickers.

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
ninto
Level 4

slowly

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2011, 04:10:29 PM »

NPC = Non Player Character / Non-Playable Character = civilians or whoever you talk to and help out in your game.

Oh, thanks for clearing that up. *facepalm* Facepalm

Uh, yeah, I don't mean a real sticker template, but rather:

Put up a little image here with the size/shape of the in-game stickers, and let people design some? And the ones you like can get into the game, just so you can have tons of options. And if you wanted to credit the designers of the stickers you chose, you could name the in-game's town residents (NPCs) after them, or put their names on the wall, or something. If you like, just a thought to get some outside attention for your game

Reason I thought of this was because people requesting stickers/hats/etc may not know exactly what you're looking for, and the above way would just let you pick and choose.

And if the game really takes off (or even if you just feel like it) you could make up real life sticker books featuring your favourites of the in-game stickers.

Oh, I understand! Here's the two current templates I have in mind.

For the ones I end up choosing, I'll probably ask the creator which way they'd like to be represented. Either in the credits, NPC, or on a wall, etc.

Sticker book sounds amazing. Not sure if this thing will get enough fans for that though. We'll see.  Smiley

Thanks!
initials
Level 2

Initials

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 08, 2011, 06:07:15 PM »

I'm really not sure about what should be on these stickers. Or what they are used for.
Regardless, I'm not letting that stop me from submitting my first one.

Obviously this refers to the 3x3 theme of the game.

More info on what you are looking for exactly would be greatly appreciated.

Initials
VFX/Games/Music
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic