Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

 
Advanced search

1396200 Posts in 67347 Topics- by 60499 Members - Latest Member: vseavello

October 28, 2021, 06:53:33 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingBullet Hell Experiment
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Bullet Hell Experiment  (Read 4687 times)
RohoMech
Level 0
*


View Profile WWW
« on: April 20, 2007, 04:19:47 PM »

***Nutz***
Hey Moderators, I didn't notice the FEEDBACK section when I posted this, please, if its more appropiate there, could you move it?
***Nutz***

Hi guys, I love shooters but I'm a bit miffed that they don't enjoy a larger audience.  So, I've designed an experiment with some visualization and a move-assist feature which hopefully will make avoiding bullets easier.  The goal is to broaden the audience of people who can nagivate the bullet pattern without changing the pattern to a simplier one.

Please, if you have about 5-10 minutes to spare, give this post a read (it'll explain things much better) and give the experiment a shot, EVEN if you usually don't play those kinds of games, I can really use your participation :-)
http://mawsoft.com/blog/?p=160

« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 04:48:38 PM by RohoMech » Logged

Anthony Flack
Level 5
*****



View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 08:08:39 PM »

I don't understand; all the phases ended so quickly and they all seemed the same; there wasn't even any need to dodge anything.
Logged

Currently in development: Cletus Clay
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10
******



View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 04:15:46 AM »

That second game in your post looks really good - where can I get it?
Logged

ஒழுக்கின்மை
Level 10
*****


Also known as रिंकू.


View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007, 08:40:59 AM »

It's Perfect Cherry Blossom I believe, by Team Shanghai Alice. Unfortunately his games are only available in Japan, and to get them you need to spend a lot on shipping. I bought his game Shoot the Bullet on ebay, and the shipping from Japan by air mail cost almost as much as the game itself.

I really wish he'd find an American distributer, because he's losing a lot of sales here (most people here pirate his games rather than buying it legitimately because the shipping from Japan is so pricey).
Logged

Impossible
Level 3
***



View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2007, 12:06:34 PM »

I don't understand; all the phases ended so quickly and they all seemed the same; there wasn't even any need to dodge anything.
Hehe, if the phases ended quickly and you didn't dodge anything you weren't very successful at the game.  It's collection on a timer, if the timer runs out you move to the next phase.  If you collect the green\blue flashing rectangles.  "Phase over" is the same as "game over."  Unlike a normal game you advance once you die...

The differences between the phases are mostly pretty subtle visual changes.  The idea is to figure out of the changes in visualization have an effect on performance.  Of course if 80% of people can't even run the game, and the other 20% don't get the goal, all of that is kind of a moot point. I think there are still some timer issues that RohoMech needs to work out.
Logged
RohoMech
Level 0
*


View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2007, 03:09:46 PM »

Rinkuhero, thanks for answering, I've updated the blog with your info.
Mr. Flack, as impossible said, the "point" of the "game" is the stay alive for as long as possible, so by not collecting the items, you only live 15 seconds.  When I get a chance, I will update the instructions to make this clear, thanks for posting about it.  Your help is much appreciated.

Impossible, yea, the timer / compadability issues are pretty irritating...my java skills are very weeaaaaakk!!!
Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic