Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411951 Posts in 69435 Topics- by 58482 Members - Latest Member: Maiu

June 12, 2024, 07:21:55 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralTIGSTWG VI: Aftermath [Game Over: Humans Win!]
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14
Print
Author Topic: TIGSTWG VI: Aftermath [Game Over: Humans Win!]  (Read 35855 times)
increpare
« Reply #200 on: July 01, 2008, 02:19:25 PM »

Well, have fun. You'll know soon enough, how easy it is for those bad guys to manipulate you all with simple, transparent tactics. With one of each faction down already, we're still pretty much on target for a win anyway...
Erm...aren't there two werewolves dead already?  That said, I think it not at all unreasonably that you would be the sort of fellow to deliberately make such a slip to put us off your trail.
whaaaa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-haaaaaaat.

I made a mistake, I was browsing on my phone where it costs me a ridiculous amount per megabyte, and I didn't have time/money to go through the whole thread.

How would deliberately making a slip such as that "put people off the trail"?
Because you must have known it quite likely that you, being a suspect, would have your words read very closely, and chose deliberately to mislead us.

Hasn't it just done precisely the opposite?
That is only because you underestimated my powers of deduction.

Now you go and try and make that into an excuse to have me lynched...I smell bull, increpare. That logic is just too far-fetched, and you know it.
I agree that my case isn't especially strong, but who else is there to go for?  It might not hold up in a court of law, but it seems that it's good enough for us common-folk (in the absence of other choices).
shinygerbil
Blew Blow (Loved It)
Level 10

GET off your horse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #201 on: July 01, 2008, 03:14:33 PM »

yay quote wars :D

Well, have fun. You'll know soon enough, how easy it is for those bad guys to manipulate you all with simple, transparent tactics. With one of each faction down already, we're still pretty much on target for a win anyway...
Erm...aren't there two werewolves dead already?  That said, I think it not at all unreasonably that you would be the sort of fellow to deliberately make such a slip to put us off your trail.
whaaaa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-haaaaaaat.

I made a mistake, I was browsing on my phone where it costs me a ridiculous amount per megabyte, and I didn't have time/money to go through the whole thread.

How would deliberately making a slip such as that "put people off the trail"?
Because you must have known it quite likely that you, being a suspect, would have your words read very closely, and chose deliberately to mislead us.
Just as you are trying to do by not answering my question. How does it serve to put people off their trail? Surely getting things wrong in any way at all is suspicious, when one is already under suspicion - one would think I would take great care to compose my post correctly if I had anything to hide.

Hasn't it just done precisely the opposite?
That is only because you underestimated my powers of deduction.
Nay, my friend; an honest mistake it was. However, had I intended such a stupid, surely fatal mistake, I would have second-guessed and third-guessed, and assumed that anything incongruous that I say will be picked up on. Such is the nature of this game.

Now you go and try and make that into an excuse to have me lynched...I smell bull, increpare. That logic is just too far-fetched, and you know it.
I agree that my case isn't especially strong, but who else is there to go for?  It might not hold up in a court of law, but it seems that it's good enough for us common-folk (in the absence of other choices).
You seem like a good enough choice. Wink "Not especially strong" is an understatement; there is just the teensiest too much of a hint of, well, leaping hungrily on a small, honest mistake.

Also, I'd like to point out that jstckr was also "defending" Zaphos, who turned out to be from the enemy camp. Make of that what you will it sounds to me like he was randomly defending people in order to gain their trust.

edit: that's right, THRID-GUESSING. I'LL GUESS YOUR THRID.

olücæbelel
joshg
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #202 on: July 01, 2008, 03:27:02 PM »

Is there anyone still alive in the game who hasn't said anything yet?  I'd consider that suspicious enough to change my vote.

these are from an actual radio shack in the ghetto
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 01, 2008, 03:45:20 PM »

I haven't heard much from Hroon or Noyb, but I think they were both saying things at the beginning of the game. I don't think that's a valid attack plan yet  Lips Sealed
increpare
« Reply #204 on: July 01, 2008, 04:42:31 PM »

How does it serve to put people off their trail?
Because innocent mistakes are something that normal people have.  Except, I don't think it's reasonable to forget about a whole werewolf, be you a human or a what have you.  Ergo, I am led to conjecture that you are a'putting on a masquerade.

I haven't heard much from Hroon or Noyb, but I think they were both saying things at the beginning of the game. I don't think that's a valid attack plan yet  Lips Sealed
This is certainly an alternative to consider.  Silence is quite often, as my dear old grandmother used to say, predicated on criminality.
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 01, 2008, 05:03:26 PM »

Xotes is keeping a count of everyone on his opening post. It's worthwhile to check back there now and then.

I find both increpare and shinygerbil suspicious right now. increpare for attacking shinygerbil on the flimsiest of pretexts. I really don't think shiny would deliberately slip up to make himself look innocent. But shinygerbil is also suspicious because of this:
Also, I'd like to point out that jstckr was also "defending" Zaphos, who turned out to be from the enemy camp. Make of that what you will it sounds to me like he was randomly defending people in order to gain their trust.
My own research shows that jstckr never defended Zaphos. In fact he voted repeatedly to lynch him.
And hroon is suspicious as well for barely ever posting.
So I'll be watching all of you, but for now I'll keep my vote with shinygerbil.

Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 01, 2008, 05:36:50 PM »

I have decided to cast my vote to Gainsworthy. And I might have a reason this time! Gainsworthy was the one who first brought up the "Paranoid Seer" thing, after Annabelle revealed herself. Terry used this to quite nearly bring the blame onto Annabelle and not himself, and he may very well have survived if he hadn't been shot by the combat medic. I think that Gainsworthy was trying to cover Terry's disguise.
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 01, 2008, 11:42:33 PM »

Valter, it was actually Annabelle herself who first brought up the idea of a paranoid seer. Gainsworthy didn't even know what a paranoid seer was.

Annabelle Kennedy
Awesomesauce
Level 8

♥Android Love♥

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 02, 2008, 12:35:43 AM »

yeah, i was the one that mentioned the paranoid seer, sorry for the confusion!
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 02, 2008, 07:47:23 AM »

Really? My bad... Hmm. I feel bad now. Want some E-Cookies, Gainsworthy? I didn't mean it! Cry

Retracting my vote, then.  Blah.

Oh right, cookie for Gainsworthy.
hroon
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: July 02, 2008, 08:56:55 AM »

Yes, I have been mostly silent for the last day because I truly have no conclusive idea right now and my last vote turned out to be terribly wrong.

Lets see what we have, potential wolves or other sinister entities in orange:

joshg
Annabelle Kennedy: Seer (almost certain, except there's some unexpected class)
chutup
Gainsworthy
robotacon: Combat Medic
TeamQuiggan
increpare
GeneralValter: confirmed human by Annabelle
hroon: (well I can only speak for myself but I am pretty sure I am no wolf)
shinygerbil
Noyb

If I had to base my vote on simple gut feeling I would say increpare right now because he seems to have a grudge against shinygerbil somehow.

increpare
« Reply #211 on: July 02, 2008, 09:23:42 AM »

Yes, I have been mostly silent for the last day because I truly have no conclusive idea right now and my last vote turned out to be terribly wrong.
Silent contemplation might have a place, but I don't see how they are preferable to pointed investigations, especially given the dearth of information which we have to work on. 

If I had to base my vote on simple gut feeling I would say increpare right now because he seems to have a grudge against shinygerbil somehow.
I happily invite Annabelle to query the powers that be as to my status tonight, to clear up any doubt that people might have.

I good reason to keep my vote pinned on Shinygerbil (not least the fact that we, as lead runners, seem to be competing for our respective lives on this evening's ballot), so I will not change my vote for the time being.
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 02, 2008, 09:34:25 AM »

Watch out, Annabelle. If you make it clear who you are going to see tonight, the werewolves become about 57% more likely to maul that person and negate your hard work.
increpare
« Reply #213 on: July 02, 2008, 11:50:09 AM »

Watch out, Annabelle. If you make it clear who you are going to see tonight, the werewolves become about 57% more likely to maul that person and negate your hard work.
Oh, good point; I hadn't thought of that.  In that case, Annabelle, better you promise not to see me tonight, then   Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 11:55:02 AM by increpare » Logged
Xotes
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 02, 2008, 02:55:31 PM »

It is beginning to get dark out. You don't have much time left.

“I have brought you T, Master. It took quite a lot of searching on your Galaxy’s non-holographic communications network, but no man is beyond the reach of a Sith.”

Meanwhile, poor Mr. T was left to hang upside down in the middle of the room, informing us that we were both fools, to be pitied.
Xotes
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 03, 2008, 05:50:04 PM »

Nightfall has come (after about what seemed like a year of waiting) and the (unnamed) vote-tallier comes to a conclusion. Shinygerbil is the one with the most votes, and all who voted for him descend upon him and beat-eth him into-eth a bloody-eth pulp-eth. (Excuse ye olde english-eth.)

Shinygerbil was a Human.

Everyone heads topside yet again, and I can't be arsed to describe what happens so let us assume they all go to sleep.

(( It's now night, and you should know the drill. ))

“I have brought you T, Master. It took quite a lot of searching on your Galaxy’s non-holographic communications network, but no man is beyond the reach of a Sith.”

Meanwhile, poor Mr. T was left to hang upside down in the middle of the room, informing us that we were both fools, to be pitied.
shinygerbil
Blew Blow (Loved It)
Level 10

GET off your horse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #216 on: July 04, 2008, 12:50:53 AM »

the corpse of shinygerbil lies mangled and beaten on the floor. Only one thing can be made out: the expression on his face, frozen in place for eternity.

It looks something like this:

Lips Sealed

olücæbelel
increpare
« Reply #217 on: July 04, 2008, 02:23:28 AM »

Oh bugger...
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 04, 2008, 04:01:11 AM »

Oh right, cookie for Gainsworthy.
(cookie image would go here if my computer felt like loading it)

Smiley

Aww, Valter, you shouldn't have! Except you should 'cause I likes cookies. Let's never fight again!

And, unruly mob, can we stop killing people who I make up with? You already bumped off Shiny and Cyber.  Lips Sealed
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 04:10:12 AM by Gainsworthy » Logged
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 04, 2008, 07:47:51 PM »

Craa-aap.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic