Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411273 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 12:37:18 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsNeed an artistic person to collaborate with me
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Need an artistic person to collaborate with me  (Read 1606 times)
braindigitalis
Level 1

Making games for the fun of it since 1993

View Profile WWW
« on: July 08, 2011, 06:07:34 AM »

Hi,

I am currently in development of a casual puzzle game which needs better artwork. Programming wise the game is simple enough and will soon be finished however i do not want to release it with my dodgy programmer art and modified clipart.

There is a download of an alpha of my game (only two levels!), a youtube HD video, and some screenshots here.

Primarily i need an artist to do some graphics, mainly the boss character who pops up to advise (at the moment he is clip art, and could be so much better), and the tiles that make up the level.

As this is a collaboration i will be more than happy to accept suggestions on how you think the art should look, if you are interested in helping out!

Atom James
Level 0

Nooby McNoobish Noob

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 07:57:12 AM »

Hey Brain!

I really like what you've got thus far. It has some real potential and I think that the games simplistic approach could really work in your favour. That being said, what you have so far with the clip art looks really sterile and kinda makes the game look boring. I think if you were to go with a more cartoony or anime look, the game mechanics would benefit greatly.

In regards to the boss character (who I think could benefit with a bit more characterisation), I really think a Howard Hughes or Walt Disney look would work great. I could even draw up some sketches and designs if you'd like, but I admit I have no experience or talent with sprites and pixel art. I hope I've been helpful and not too harsh, because I really do like the ideas you have.

What you should learn if you want to be a game designer? EVERYTHING!
braindigitalis
Level 1

Making games for the fun of it since 1993

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 03:20:46 AM »

Hey atom James :-)

I agree with your suggestions and i think an anime or cartoon look would do it justice... It would be great if you could sketch something up and i would appreciate it a lot, i am away from home at weekends so i shall check here for replies and check my pms etc on Monday night (i am replying on my phone atm) thanks again for the feedback :-)

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic