Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411489 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 03:00:08 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsLooking for a dedicated and inspired pixel artist
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Looking for a dedicated and inspired pixel artist  (Read 2863 times)
Zack Bell
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« on: July 08, 2011, 02:17:34 PM »

I'm new to the idea of freeware games and the term "indie" in general. I'm a computer science major who planned on jumping into the corporate world. Slowly, I have become more and more inspired to take the indie route and I'm looking for a pixel artist who is in the same position. Maybe someone who hasn't finished a game yet, but would absolutely love to do so.

I'm currently just working with Game Maker. I have several great (what I believe are great) design ideas and I'm fairly talented with game maker scripting and programming in general.

I'm just hoping to find someone who likes working as hard and as often as I do! No more sitting on the couch struggling with programmer art. I have come to a point where I have ideas, mockups, and working prototypes, but I haven't been able to find someone dedicated to art in my area.

That is why I'm here Smiley I hope TIG can help

EDIT:

The majority of my ideas are within the realm of platformers and metroidvania games.
However, I believe my strongest game is an isometric/top-down game similar to Zelda (graphic-wise, not gameplay)

So if you can handle side-scrolling and isometric...I love you Wink

DOUBLE EDIT:

If you're interested you can PM me and ask about the games and how far into development they are.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 03:09:45 PM by codetroll » Logged

Bahototh
Level 1

Design, Pixels & Art

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 08:04:00 AM »

I'm doing some mockups for various ideas, if you like the look
i am interested in doing graphics for a smaller project.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

-----------------------------------------------------
"An artist cannot fail; it is a success to be one." ~Charles Horton Cooley
---------------------------------------------------
[Thy Sword] https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=48380.0
Bahototh
Level 1

Design, Pixels & Art

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 08:09:06 AM »

scaled x2:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

-----------------------------------------------------
"An artist cannot fail; it is a success to be one." ~Charles Horton Cooley
---------------------------------------------------
[Thy Sword] https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=48380.0
rivon
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 11:55:39 AM »

For those who are interested, I did some programmer art to show the style of sprites that I'm hoping for. I'm definitely not an artist, but it was nice to see some characters in my game haha.

This looks quite good to be honest Smiley
rivon
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 12:02:20 PM »

This is much better than programmer art... I'd really like to be able to do things like this (or maybe I'm able but it takes too much time for me).
Zack Bell
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 10:01:24 PM »

I've been practicing a lot more lately. It really helped to go through ALL of the mockup and pixel art threads, page by page. I got to see a lot of styles that I hadn't seen before. It will take me awhile to develop a style. I'm going to buy a tablet tomorrow! I'm stoked for that.

Kramlack
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2011, 09:38:58 PM »

Sorry for necro'ing this thread but I just wanted to stop by and thank Zack_B for ripping my ninja. It means a lot to me that you couldn't even give a mention, and even more that you were too lazy to change the original colours. I'll thank you to not let it happen again.

For those interested in seeing the original, it can be found over in this post, or right below;

Zack Bell
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2011, 10:01:51 PM »

Sorry for necro'ing this thread but I just wanted to stop by and thank Zack_B for ripping my ninja. It means a lot to me that you couldn't even give a mention, and even more that you were too lazy to change the original colours. I'll thank you to not let it happen again.

For those interested in seeing the original, it can be found over in this post, or right below;

Hey man, this is Zack. Just noticed that this thread was bumped (and that it existed). My previous account name, when this was posted was "codetroll." He was a fellow programmer from a shitty game school and we shared the account for awhile when we were in a GM-related class together.

I promise that I wasn't responsible for ripping the sprite and I am extremely sorry that these were posted! (Also, the original looks much better lol)

Anyway, my deepest apologies and I will take down the sprites asap.

EDIT: I also apologize that I can not completely remove the existence of these sprites because of the fact that another member quoted them in a post. However, I did remove what I could.  

And I can't believe that he did such a shallow edit of your work and then posted it on the same forums. That's rather ridiculous. If you want to see my programmer art, it's actually HORRIBLE. Just saying  Sad

BoxedLunch
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2011, 10:09:46 PM »

it took me a second to notice the similarities. but yeah, definitely looks like it.
Zack Bell
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2011, 10:13:35 PM »

it took me a second to notice the similarities. but yeah, definitely looks like it.

I copy/pasted them into GM and both skin tones are the same in each sprite.

Kramlack
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2011, 11:32:26 PM »

Well whether it was you or "your friend", I'll accept the apology.

For what it's worth, and this goes for anyone who reads this post, I'm alright with people editing and using my work (especially for learning purposes), but I'd like to be asked first. If you or your programmer had asked me to use this ninja, I'd have easily agreed, but using it without my permission, and as you said, making such a shoddy edit, is in incredibly poor taste.

Thanks for the quick reply.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 01:41:34 AM by Kramlack » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic