Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411845 Posts in 69419 Topics- by 58464 Members - Latest Member: Riya21

June 01, 2024, 08:44:34 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsIntelligent Frog Family (Working Title...?)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Print
Author Topic: Intelligent Frog Family (Working Title...?)  (Read 19134 times)
poe
« Reply #120 on: August 21, 2011, 04:38:45 PM »

Hmm, still feels huge. Maybe make it the height of the message height?
BattleBeard
Level 6

please touch me

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 21, 2011, 04:43:52 PM »

It might look awkward like that...trying to use larger text for that. So that way it won't look weird!
jeffrobot
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 21, 2011, 07:16:29 PM »

Law 2. The rate at which it becomes messier is proportional to how messy it is at the moment.
Smiley

That's a pretty good rule of thumb : )
BattleBeard
Level 6

please touch me

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 22, 2011, 01:56:16 PM »

Cyberization-

The process of when organic creatures go under a long transformation, killing the being if it is not already dead, and removing the body's need for any vital organs, and removing the organs as well, replacing the brain with an artificial one. Finally, the body (shell) is replaced with a functional robotic one, identical to the one that was discarded, yet plated with a strong metal created by the mother. All beings lose emotion, only doing what they are programmed to do.

jotapeh
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 23, 2011, 06:33:49 AM »

Cyberization-

The process of when organic creatures go under a long transformation, killing the being if it is not already dead, and removing the body's need for any vital organs, and removing the organs as well, replacing the brain with an artificial one. Finally, the body (shell) is replaced with a functional robotic one, identical to the one that was discarded, yet plated with a strong metal created by the mother. All beings lose emotion, only doing what they are programmed to do.

BattleBeard
Level 6

please touch me

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 23, 2011, 06:46:47 AM »

Cyberization-

oh god

it's true

;-;
jotapeh
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 23, 2011, 07:58:11 AM »

Don't sweat it. Keep going anyway. Good artists borrow, great artists steal, blah blah.
BattleBeard
Level 6

please touch me

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 23, 2011, 08:34:25 AM »

I'M IVO ROBOTNIK

PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS

But yes, I actually got the idea from watching some Sonic. Funny part is, I was thinking of a way to implement it, then I heard the version in the Sonic series and I was like "sounds good"

August 23rd, 2011

Fixed the health system, working on intro/tutorial stage...
BattleBeard
Level 6

please touch me

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 23, 2011, 08:53:25 AM »

Hmm, should I, or should I not?

Adding the ability to name only the main character.
BattleBeard
Level 6

please touch me

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 23, 2011, 01:03:50 PM »

Oooooohooo! Thought of a tasty idea for a different bio. Ya know, for that Robot of All Answers dude. Yeah, I'm keeping it a secret because it's a major spoiler, buuuuut it'll be awesome if I work on this version of the bio a bit more.
BattleBeard
Level 6

please touch me

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 24, 2011, 06:59:42 AM »

This is pretty easy, good, good. Getting this intro done really fast.
BattleBeard
Level 6

please touch me

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 25, 2011, 01:53:50 PM »

August 25th, 2011

Trying to look for a musician, intro about 1/4 done. I'll probably get a lot of it done tonight~
BattleBeard
Level 6

please touch me

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 27, 2011, 12:39:31 PM »

August 27th, 2011

Scrapped the intro I built--it seemed too...in the way of the point. Working on a different, better, idea. Need spriters, badly!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 12:56:33 PM by BattleBeard » Logged
BattleBeard
Level 6

please touch me

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 30, 2011, 12:44:26 PM »

Grrr...losing...motivation...

Encourage me, because I'm losing hope. Maybe I'm just...not good enough, yet. Sad
Happy Shabby Games
Level 8

msmymo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: August 30, 2011, 01:17:54 PM »

Just to add on to Jasmine's (A) objective, try sizing down the project's scope until it's within your current ability. Be honest with yourself.

BattleBeard
Level 6

please touch me

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: August 30, 2011, 01:57:54 PM »

It's really A and C, I want to entertain others and learn.

I'm not giving up, I'm just saying that I'm...running into many problems. Real life ones. Also, the intro is the beginning of the game, so that's probably really important, actually ;p
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 30, 2011, 02:47:39 PM »

The main focus should be getting the core of the game (i.e. the mechanics) up and running. Stuff like art, music etc. is, for the purpose of actually getting a working game together, extra fluff you can take care of later. If you find out you can't do some of these things the way you imagined due to time or skill constraints you'll still have something playable and potentially even GOOD.

Think about it this way: A game without an intro can still be a fun game. An intro without a game on the other hand is pretty much useless.
BattleBeard
Level 6

please touch me

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 31, 2011, 09:40:39 AM »

Redesigning ideas I had. Might change the game's setting at the beginning completely. Robert might not be there in the beginning. Max will get some ability to do something other than jump. Will involve tongue. Wink

So much to change, indeed. This game must be at it's best. Also, must...make...Tear Jerker....
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 09:58:44 AM by BattleBeard » Logged
BattleBeard
Level 6

please touch me

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 01, 2011, 11:11:02 AM »

Hard-drive just exploded.

Thanks, power outage. Listen, I don't know what to do. I lost all my files. All the game files. I don't think I can transfer them from a exploded hard-drive.

I'm restarting an old project. Maybe when that's done, I will have the engine and skill to finish this game quicker.

So, lesson today is to always have a mediafire account to upload backups to.

Good day.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic