Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411486 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 08:56:38 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingMomodora II
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: Momodora II  (Read 45951 times)
bullno1
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2011, 01:16:09 AM »

Nice game, really enjoyable although I hate that fireball juggling.
Good level design.
I finished both endings and get 99% map. Is that a bug Mock Anger there's not a single spot that I haven't discovered. 99%  Mock Anger
The game could be longer though.

I think I know where that 1% is, but I'm not playing another time. I hate it when I lose all items after a game.

The praying mechanic is quite redundant. It requires a button and doesn't really add much to the game.

Edit: played another time and could find that 1%. Please confirm if it event exists.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 01:35:47 AM by bullno1 » Logged
Elektrobear
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2011, 06:20:09 AM »

The last 1% might be where 1 of the love letters in mint end is hidden. There's one offshoot that isn't visibly accessible on the map.
trq
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2011, 06:47:45 AM »

Forgot to say: sometimes I stuck inside walls after dashing if game slows down in that moment
bullno1
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2011, 07:45:33 AM »

The last 1% might be where 1 of the love letters in mint end is hidden. There's one offshoot that isn't visibly accessible on the map.
Thanks, I found it.

Two line of hearts. 100% map. Completely finished Smiley

Are those big human statues some kind of reference? They look like they are from some other game.
MaloEspada
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2011, 10:32:11 AM »

well it's possibe to get 100%. there are two rooms which are probably harder to find: one is a room in mint end which is not connected to the map (if you got all love letters you got this one) and the other is the dev room.
i think the black chest room isn't connected to the map either...

the big human statues are things from the game world.

That said, I'm confused about the seal business. It says that "certain blocks can be broken by the seal" and then presents me with yellow blocks. However, earlier yellow blocks, if I backtrack, cannot be broken by the seal thingie. Why not?

there are two different yellow blocks; one is like a mother yellow block which starts the chain reaction.

Forgot to say: sometimes I stuck inside walls after dashing if game slows down in that moment

this is a very rare bug which i never got around to fix, haha. i'm sorry for that. i didn't think it would happen to anyone!

thanks!!
im9today
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2011, 01:13:03 PM »

the music is good
Curseman
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2011, 07:58:34 PM »

I like this game.
deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2011, 11:00:20 AM »

This game looks friggin sweet, but I'm ashamed to say I've never played Momodora I Sad

But I'm gonna... right now!

And then I'll play this! Smiley

tweet tweet @j_younger
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2011, 02:44:34 PM »

Pretty cool stuff. Gfx are top notch. I might even say a little undersaturated in many areas, but you were going for the ruinsy feel so it works

A tight little gameplay experience, I liked the boss fights, excepting the last which I found didn't really fit with the mechanics suggested by all the others.

Anyway, no real crits I can add that haven't been said, except maybe to say that the hit detection seems to really vary for attacks. Some enemies can be hit from a mile away with the melee and some have to already be hurting you unless they are at exactly the right angle.

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
Balrog
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2011, 06:06:45 PM »

I beat it last night (with the bad ending). I really liked it overall but the camera is kinda crappy in places Sad

starsrift
Level 10

Apparently I am a ruiner of worlds. Ooops.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2011, 10:18:39 PM »

there are two different yellow blocks; one is like a mother yellow block which starts the chain reaction.

Fortunately, I am used to feeling stupid.  Facepalm

"Vigorous writing is concise." - William Strunk, Jr.
As is coding.

I take life with a grain of salt.
And a slice of lime, plus a shot of tequila.
Curseman
« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2011, 02:00:25 AM »

I really liked it overall but the camera is kinda crappy in places Sad

A few people have criticized this, but I like the way the camera works in this game.  The way it breaks the game's areas into different "rooms" even though they're actually seamlessly connected.
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2011, 02:10:21 AM »

As soon as I figured out how far the enemies could chase you, I was good with the camera. I liked the smooth transitions.

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
Elektrobear
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2011, 05:56:40 PM »

Momodora II Original Soundtrack Released!

Head on over to Elektrobear.com to listen and download. Contains all 12 ingame songs, as well as 8 never before heard extras!
Ashkin
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2011, 08:17:17 PM »

<3
J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2011, 09:22:00 AM »

Congrats on finishing this, rdein! I'm still playing around with my new music program (no PC = no PXTone), so I want to work with you again one day!

The artist formally known as "Javet."
kidchameleon
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2011, 02:25:43 PM »

Its a great game I just hate when I cant skip intro's...
Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 15, 2011, 03:08:11 PM »

Be honest with me, rdein. With the main character failing to bring her mother back in the first game, and then becoming the villain in the second game, do you just hate the protagonist of Momodora 1?
MaloEspada
« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2011, 03:11:31 PM »

she is actually my favorite character, haha.
spoilers:
i guess i just decided to give her some terrible fate, but sinc she is freed and all in the second game, it's all good.
eiyukabe
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2011, 04:01:35 PM »

Just beat the first one, it was really cool. I will be playing this if I have time this weekend Smiley.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic