Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411906 Posts in 69428 Topics- by 58476 Members - Latest Member: animtim

June 09, 2024, 08:14:13 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallGyossait (Formerly Nameless Flash Project 1) COMPLETE!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Gyossait (Formerly Nameless Flash Project 1) COMPLETE!  (Read 18825 times)
Alecksin
TIGBaby

I am all.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2011, 11:25:15 PM »

So basically, I played Gyossait, got both endings after the update, and then spammed my way through AOOFAD, then finally with Au Sable. What can I say? They are all amazing. The movement in the first obviously annoyed me a bit, inspecially when I was in a tight space and I had to jump from platform to platform, that killed me like, 50 times. Oh, and I didn't realize you could save in AOOFAD, so my life was hell. But I really enjoyed the atmosphere, and got a certain feel that a lone alien is wandering through a nightmare world, as his peers have all died from the monsters that inhabit it.

Au sable was a level up in easy game play, kinda wished it were longer. At first, it seemed like a mystery until I came up with the idea that a strange demon has been haunting two sisters, corrupting both of them in different ways. These cultist doods see that the old one is weakening, and get the idea of manipulating Au Sable into replacing her sister as the demons main fixation. 

Finally, wow. Gyossait was just... Amazing. The idea that a simple mistake from both gods can cost them so much, to the point where one has to give away all his immortality and eternal life to free his lover, by killing her god form as well. Wow. The corrupted method shows how insanity and the evils of the world corrupt poor Oyeatia, to the point where he is a monster. Gyossait seems corrupted in a way from this as well, and they are both left as dead gods and dying mortals as her planet crumbles into the void that is space. On the other hand, making sure good ol' Oyeatia doesn't take a path of rage keeps him pure, and has the same effect on Gyossait. They have the chance to live the rest of their new tiny mortal lives together, unless a really heavy barrel falls on their head soon and kills both of them instantly.

Kiddie gods, that's why you talk with your girlfriend when she doesn't like your engagement gift, not rip her apart. That way, you get to keep your immortality, and THE POWER. OHH THE POOWEEERRRR. Yes, it is kinda like the story about the boyfriend who kills his girlfriend and has to go through a mental journey to redeem himself, where he commits suicide in the end to be with her again.

Amazing games, anyway. I really want that ending theme for Gyossait, though.

P.S. : If gods can kill each other, technically they weren't immortal in the first place, were they? Well, I guess the only real godly death was either suicide or gods ripping apart gods. But was Gyossait even in her godform when she was 'freed' by Oyeatia? huh, maybe that was just her purest essence, as he did rip her apart as you said. So technically, Gyossait was already mortal from the beginning? She must have been killed halfway... Oh, haha. She was dying! of course! Dying planet, yadiada! SORRY. Over-thought that.

H E L L O .
DelinquentDeego
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2011, 07:36:06 AM »

Yeah, definitely add the flicker, if I hadn't read the thread first I wouldn't have known the tutorials were there.
Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2011, 01:05:21 PM »

I'll throw in that flicker along with trying _one more time_ to get the autosave/load to work.  either i'm not smart enough to work it all out, or there's something not 100 percent right with the way stencyl handles that stuff.  I'm not certain.

Also, I know the medal awarding is very abrupt and mood-killing for some of you.  I was put in a tight spot where half of the people were wanting medals and the other half not. and not having a really good way to provide a solution that suited both audience styles.  Perhaps NG will let me release a version for portableapps.com that people can keep on their harddrive, play offline, and enjoy sans-ads.   I'll bring it up to them when the dust settles some.

Question: Who would like to see a very short version where you play as Uzaza and his ascendency to demigodhood?
LDuncan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2011, 01:37:41 PM »

I'd be cool with that  Well, hello there!
Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2011, 06:29:35 PM »

Woop, so I tried getting to work creating the uzaza prologue but I'm not certain how much time I can put toward it.  I've got a lot of things to do right now, in the middle of moving, need to get to work making another for-pay game asap too. 

Unless I can find some little indie publisher who'd be willing to front some money for this idea, It looks like this is gonna have to wait :/  Bills to pay, belly to feed.

Made a cool set of preliminary sprites for Uzaza in human form though! Sorta like a samurai braveheart I imagine.  Have a look!

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2011, 06:51:43 PM »

samurai braveheart
sounds badass

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
LDuncan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2012, 03:53:22 PM »

Hey, congrats Amon--I see Gyossait got a shout-out on Kotaku for best games on the web!

http://kotaku.com/5878907/the-6-best-games-on-web-browsers
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic