Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411494 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58434 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 30, 2024, 01:05:02 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignNon-standard roguelike settings
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
Print
Author Topic: Non-standard roguelike settings  (Read 30925 times)
magnum_opus
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 03, 2010, 12:55:06 PM »

I dunno i think it might actually be fairly easy to make a br rogue like, I might start hacking one this weekend...
as a start:
-randomize weapons/characters
-characters have randomized loyalties to each at varying strengths which control allegiances. As time passes stress increases and if stress > loyalty the character turns.
-beyond that just create a large jungle/city landscape and implement the dead zones.

ChomperTheSharptooth
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 03, 2010, 04:40:05 PM »

I dunno i think it might actually be fairly easy to make a br rogue like, I might start hacking one this weekend...
as a start:
-randomize weapons/characters
-characters have randomized loyalties to each at varying strengths which control allegiances. As time passes stress increases and if stress > loyalty the character turns.
-beyond that just create a large jungle/city landscape and implement the dead zones.

Magnum pretty much hit the nail on the head with my thoughts on it. I'm not sure how well the NPC's would interact without the main focus of the game being that, but being careful and outlasting the maybe 20-30 who pose a threat would be an interesting challenge indeed.
JasonPickering
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: September 03, 2010, 04:53:54 PM »

if you were to do a BR rougelike. I think adding line of sight would be super important. that gives you the option to hide from people. but if everyone can move one space per turn it might be hard to run away from a battle to hide.

Glyph
Level 10

Relax! It's all a dream! It HAS to be!

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 03, 2010, 05:53:31 PM »

Way-Too-Much-Content RL (WTMCRL)
Everything ever and you can do anything ever in anyplace ever. Someone start making this right now and 1000 years from now it'll be the best game ever.

Paint by Numbers
« Reply #144 on: September 04, 2010, 09:01:58 PM »

HellRogue

Of course, the interface is going to need some beefing up in both the information and intricate decorations fields. Guess the reference in the screenshot and get seven cookies.
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 05, 2010, 12:07:50 AM »

If there was BR roguelike, it would be great if it also included the (remote) possibility of disrupting the game and/or escaping.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic