Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 05:05:53 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDotA 2 Thread
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 168
Print
Author Topic: DotA 2 Thread  (Read 314541 times)
deathtotheweird
« Reply #2520 on: January 07, 2013, 12:26:55 AM »

orb of venom is not really a slot efficient item for a carry (or anyone really), so I would never get it. wouldn't be the end of the world if you did buy it, may even net you a kill. just a lot less useful than nearly any other item.
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: January 07, 2013, 01:08:03 AM »

I'd save the gold that you would have spent on OoV and get an earlier Phase instead. Having Phase can make a big difference in blade fury chasing situations.

I get Orb of Venom on Slark and maybe Omni, but it's a situational item really.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
deathtotheweird
« Reply #2522 on: January 07, 2013, 02:22:25 PM »

even on Omni it's not that great of an item. you could buy wards with that gold or put towards arcane boots, or a magic stick. or some TPs. hate it when I'm being dived and no support is carrying TPs. TPs should be higher priority than boots, they'll usually pay it back if you have to quickly back up your enemy in another lane.

it's great on lone druid's bear though, mainly because he has plenty of slots to spare and his bear has outstanding chasing ability even without the OoV.
IzzyReggie
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: January 07, 2013, 10:37:30 PM »

I just played Skeleton King.
I played him a few months ago when I first got the key, and I don't remember it going well.

But this time? Besides the rough few levels where I played the support to Drow Ranger (and just kinda stacked a creep camp the entire time... why exactly do you creep stack? I eventually just killed the camp for mad gold+levels)

But once I hit 6? Baby, there was no stopping me. 12/4/13, got an armlet, a bkb, and an abyssal blade. Proceeded to destroy everything constantly.

I feel it was more the hero than it was me, though.

Twitter: @fistpuncher (no relation to the game)
ink.inc
« Reply #2524 on: January 07, 2013, 10:46:03 PM »

yeah skeleton king is the easiest hero in the game

3 passives and one targeted stun gg

you want to stack neutral creeps because if you don't, the lane creep wave you used to tank it won't completely die, and they'll go back to lane (in addition to the incoming wave) and push it harder as a consequence. and you don't want to push your lane because it brings you closer to the enemy tower and further away from your own, making it easier for you to get ganked.
Dragonmaw
« Reply #2525 on: January 07, 2013, 10:48:00 PM »

There are a lot of heroes easier than Skeleton King. He's borderline useless early-game and his ton of passives means he has no real reaction capability. He just happens to be one of the better carries thanks to his ult.
IzzyReggie
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: January 07, 2013, 10:50:46 PM »

yeah skeleton king is the easiest hero in the game

3 passives and one targeted stun gg

you want to stack neutral creeps because if you don't, the lane creep wave you used to tank it won't completely die, and they'll go back to lane (in addition to the incoming wave) and push it harder as a consequence. and you don't want to push your lane because it brings you closer to the enemy tower and further away from your own, making it easier for you to get ganked.

Okay so I was doing it wrong hahaha.
I was just pulling the monsters out to the lane willy nilly and letting them reset with EVEN MORE MONSTERS(!!!!). I wasn't even having them interact with our waves at all.
a durr durp dur dee durr I've so much to learn.

PowRTocH
« Reply #2527 on: January 07, 2013, 10:58:26 PM »

anyone want to play right now?
ink.inc
« Reply #2528 on: January 07, 2013, 11:20:21 PM »

me and dragonmaw are in a game; we're trying to get bobo to join but he's afk atm

jack sanders is in the process of installing; he'll be on in about an hour
ink.inc
« Reply #2529 on: January 08, 2013, 02:50:00 AM »

Well Played!
Well Played!

Well Played!

Well Played!

Well Played!

Well Played!

PowRTocH
« Reply #2530 on: January 08, 2013, 03:02:35 AM »

Careful!
IzzyReggie
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: January 08, 2013, 08:56:09 PM »

beep boop what do you do when

-every body in game is 23+ except you (Disruptor) and their Tidehunter
-you're level 16, Tidehunter is 18
-their Rikimaru and Slark will leave the middle of team fights to kill you (in 1-2 attacks), then return to the teamfight and win
-their tidehunter will blink dagger to you, ulti, and then slark/riki will appear to kill you, then they will proceed to mop up the rest of your team
-their jakiro will aim their ice thingy at you, stun you, then slark/riki will appear, kill you, then finish the rest of your team off

beep boop how do i not be useless

deathtotheweird
« Reply #2532 on: January 08, 2013, 09:53:07 PM »

if you keep getting owned by right clickers buy a ghost scepter and/or force staff. having +stats is always good, bracer and magic wand is usually what I'll start with on squishy supports.

should have glimpsed them away and ran, and block them off with kinetic field.

against a tide you don't want to stand next to another person and get ravaged, so if you were far enough away you should have had plenty of time to react.

you just need to play more. the more you play the more this advice will become common sense.
IzzyReggie
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: January 08, 2013, 10:26:20 PM »

if you keep getting owned by right clickers buy a ghost scepter and/or force staff. having +stats is always good, bracer and magic wand is usually what I'll start with on squishy supports.
I had all of this except for ghost scepter. I'm doing something right! On that note, is there a way to use Force Staff without double clicking in the inventory? I rebound the inventory to 1-6, and double tapping the slot the staff is in doesn't seem to work! I just wanna quick jump.

you just need to play more. the more you play the more this advice will become common sense.
Yea, I suppose that's true. But uh, is the huge gap in levels normal for a support? Tidehunter being in a similar situation makes me think so, but it seemed kind of wonky to be 9 levels behind 3+ people.

Also! Why was I put into the "Low Priority Punishment Queue"? I thought that was for leavers? Or did somebody report me for feeding or something Sad

Uykered
« Reply #2534 on: January 08, 2013, 11:00:57 PM »

Yeah supports usually have lower levels, though try and be near as many hero kills as can so that you get more experience and gold.

You can get low priority for being "afk" or if you get reported enough.

I have double tapping inventory hotkeys as casting on myself, it should be a setting somewhere.
deathtotheweird
« Reply #2535 on: January 08, 2013, 11:05:06 PM »

I got put into low priority once when I got put into a stack with 4 other people. I was batrider and went mid, last guy picked NS at the last second and went mid with me. I had no items to jungle so I just stayed in lane until I got a bottle and then left. NS lost the lane and got everyone to report me, was put into low priority for 24 hours. Also it can happen if you don't receive any kind of experience in 5 minutes.

It's easy to get behind in levels as a support. If a carry is elsewhere farming you should take whatever farm is left, including the jungle. If the creep-line isn't past the river and you have wards up you should definitely try to get as much xp/gold as possible, and if it's too dangerous to do that farm the jungle.

But if a carry comes up to farm whatever you're farming, just leave. Unless you're trying to finish off an item or something, you should always give the carry priority.

If force staff is on 1, press 1 twice in quick succession and it will force you in the direction you're facing.
ink.inc
« Reply #2536 on: January 09, 2013, 06:03:20 PM »

kotl is fucking amazing holy shit
deathtotheweird
« Reply #2537 on: January 09, 2013, 10:23:56 PM »

kotl owns for the first 20-30 minutes and then is pretty useless unless you have a shit ton of items. like mek force staff sheep, etc.

also, medusa is damn ugly (in a good way though). http://imgur.com/a/HxGo3
Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2538 on: January 10, 2013, 10:01:04 PM »

If I'm in China, but want to play with Americans, can I play dota?

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
Dragonmaw
« Reply #2539 on: January 11, 2013, 02:12:27 AM »

Axe is more fun as mid than he has any right to be
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 168
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic