Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411278 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 12:59:13 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDotA 2 Thread
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 168
Print
Author Topic: DotA 2 Thread  (Read 312803 times)
Bandages
« Reply #2660 on: March 08, 2013, 10:25:38 AM »

The $35 dollar cosmetic is so fucking outrageous that articulating why would cause me physical pain.
ink.inc
« Reply #2661 on: March 08, 2013, 11:11:06 AM »

more than 3 copies of hotline miami
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: March 08, 2013, 11:23:56 AM »

more than 3 copies of hotline miami
But Hotline Miami isn't free, so in that case the paying customers don't have to carry the financial burden of another, much larger crowd that doesn't even own a credit card.

What I'm saying is, comparing prices between items in F2P games and traditional purchase-based games is sort of silly.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
Bandages
« Reply #2663 on: March 08, 2013, 11:59:09 AM »

My wallet makes no such distinctions

Edit: lol I said $35 dollars
AshfordPride
« Reply #2664 on: March 08, 2013, 04:25:21 PM »

You do have to understand that creating an item with a lot of value that can easily be acquired without any smoke or mirrors.  It's probably good for the economy to have an item that a kid with too much money can get his hands on and put out there.
deathtotheweird
« Reply #2665 on: March 08, 2013, 05:47:00 PM »

if you compare the item to the legendary skins of LoL, which I believe is a far comparison, you get an idea of how high the price is.

legendary skins in LoL change nearly everything about a hero, the skin/model, animations, voice over, artwork, particle effects, etc. and they cost less than half (15 dollars) of what this lina item does.

but whatever, if people want to pay that much then go for it. though I am under the impression this is just another one of Valve's pricing experiments. probably testing the waters to see how much people will pay for a single fancy item.
Uykered
« Reply #2666 on: March 08, 2013, 06:11:07 PM »

People will pay for it, whatever its priced so they can attempt to impress people. (See rich people that buy scribble paintings with absurd prices.)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 06:24:48 PM by alastair » Logged
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: March 09, 2013, 12:16:30 AM »

It's worth noting that League skins have no resale value (if you buy them they are chained to your account forever) while the Lina hat can be traded for videogams or other items should you ever grow tired of it.

deathtotheweird
« Reply #2668 on: March 09, 2013, 01:22:33 PM »

That doesn't really apply to this Lina item or any other non-rare item. You can get it by normal drops and buy it on the store, so the supply is virtually infinite. It's not like those couriers or other items that are limited and thus quite valuable.

In a completely hypothetical scenario, if I were able to trade the item for something worth at least half it's cost, it would still be more expensive than legendary skins on LoL. Which, as I've already said, are much better in quality than this one.

Though right now it seems to be worth more than the store price (quick glance at trading forum indicates ~18 keys or 45 dollars, so you can actually make 10 dollars if you buy and sell it now). But I can only imagine it dropping in price, once more people get it and more are in circulation.
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: March 09, 2013, 03:03:12 PM »

nah, more like $35 still. the keys are not worth $2.50, they're worth in between $1.8 and $2.2, depending on time etc.

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
deathtotheweird
« Reply #2670 on: March 11, 2013, 03:35:14 PM »

WTF
Daruman
Level 0

私は犬が大好きだよなぁぁ~

View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: March 13, 2013, 01:51:46 AM »

http://www.twitch.tv/hobothehero

We suck and we stream, for the second time. watch us be bad and laugh at our un funniness.

Kilig: noun. It is the sudden feeling of an inexplicable joy one gets when something romantic or idealistic occurs. I don\'t think there\'s an English word or phrase for it. even Butterfly Stomach doesn\'t do justice to \"kilig\".
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: March 14, 2013, 02:13:29 AM »

Bandages
« Reply #2673 on: March 16, 2013, 11:35:36 PM »

THis is pretty fuckin neat

http://animationtidbits.tumblr.com/post/25610725625/dota-2-character-art-guide-full-pdf-here
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: March 19, 2013, 06:53:10 AM »

The Tranquil Boots nerf makes me sad. It's going to hit Axe pretty hard, and he wasn't even that strong to begin with.

deathtotheweird
« Reply #2675 on: March 19, 2013, 12:33:50 PM »

yeah I used to love them on supports, but now when they're disabled you get less speed than from brown boots.

fuck that
Bandages
« Reply #2676 on: March 19, 2013, 12:38:57 PM »

At the same time, a lot of carries that start with tranquil boots into whatever can no longer rely on that strategy. I think that's probably a decent trade off, and T. Boots are still more or less the same for jungle heroes.
deathtotheweird
« Reply #2677 on: March 19, 2013, 12:51:16 PM »

sure they can? carries like pl, riki, spectre, anti-mage, void, etc who get them have abilities that can help them escape. the movement speed is much less of an issue to them than it is a support.

though the 20 second heal duration is also a big nerf to them since if there is an enemy in their lane they would have to sit back and heal.

too much of a nerf, but more of a nerf to supports than carries who buy the item imo.
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #2678 on: March 29, 2013, 01:19:48 AM »

Heads up: The Cursed Wood chests and Shaper Divine chests have ONLY rares, mythicals and legendaries in them. A few of them come with extra animations while others are new mounts for heroes like Mirana and Bat.

starsrift
Level 10

Apparently I am a ruiner of worlds. Ooops.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2679 on: April 03, 2013, 12:22:34 AM »

Been playing a bit of DotA2 lately. Maybe you more experienced guys can help me with something - I'm having a lot of trouble playing with PL on my team (or very rarely as PL; I prefer supports or gankers). How is PL best played? If he's off farting around in the jungle all game, should I be calling him on it, or let him farm b/c he's the carry?

I particularly had a game a few weeks ago that was literally this, the PL sat in the jungle, got 0 kills and only a couple assists - from when the enemy team came to gank him and the rest of the team moved in to help him. Obviously this is an extreme example of how not to carry, but how concerned about PL's farm should the rest of the team be?

"Vigorous writing is concise." - William Strunk, Jr.
As is coding.

I take life with a grain of salt.
And a slice of lime, plus a shot of tequila.
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 168
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic