Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 07:05:52 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingDreamBall64
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: DreamBall64  (Read 3106 times)
RetroSouls
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: June 20, 2008, 10:41:31 PM »

Just finished our last retrostyled game with "rolling ball" Smiley

Demo Version here:
http://www.retrosouls.net/files/DreamBall64Demo.exe

See ya !

Cracked by Bill Gilbert
Tom Quinn
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 11:24:43 PM »

My turn!

Okay, buddy. It's frowned upon 'round here to post your (non-freeware) game without first introducing yourself. See, your post looks less like an earnest request for feedback and more like an advertisement. This is supposed to be a community, after all. No harm, no foul, but post in the introduction thread first. Then we'll talk.
RetroSouls
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 11:59:54 PM »

Allready posted  Wink

Cracked by Bill Gilbert
bateleur
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 08:19:38 AM »

Allready posted  Wink
Nice work, now I have a real sense of who you are and your gaming history. Roll Eyes

@mods> Please could we have a separate "Advertisements" forum? Nobody would ever have to actually read it, but it would at least have some chance keeping the manbaby count down in the Feedback section.

As far as the game goes, it seems fine. I assume it wasn't your intention to do anything shockingly original here. It runs smoothly, controls well and is generally pretty nicely done. I found the demo a bit short on challenge, but possibly I've just played too much of this stuff.

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2008, 10:13:45 AM »

@mods> Please could we have a separate "Advertisements" forum? Nobody would ever have to actually read it, but it would at least have some chance keeping the manbaby count down in the Feedback section.

While that could be cool to divert advertiser, I'm not sure Derek would be keen on that idea, since he's trying to encourage a community here, and not a shopping list.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Saladan0
Level 1

I am so Indie I beat Diamond Rider on Legendary.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2008, 11:49:16 AM »

Well, it seems that the feedback forum is an advert forum anyways. People always just post there game here to spread the word. And we have to yell at them to fix it. :X
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2008, 12:16:56 PM »

Well, it seems that the feedback forum is an advert forum anyways. People always just post there game here to spread the word. And we have to yell at them to fix it. :X

The Feedback forum's focus is on, well, getting feedback. What I'm sure Derek doesn't want is people popping an account just to create a post about their game asking us to buy it and then disappear off the face of the planet. Obviously posting about your game in anyway is advertisement, but if you do it here, it should be because you want us to help you improve it, not to get our money.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2008, 01:28:20 PM »

Exactly - I'd give no quarter to anybody who signs up just to post about their products. This isn't a marketplace, it's a developer forum.

Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2008, 03:05:12 PM »

First: Melly and Terry summed it up pretty well: an advertisement section will result with the forum bloating with manbabies spamming around. The focus around here is to become a better community, not become some online fleemarket.

Second: RetroSouls, please, give us more info on what is that game. What kind of feedback are you looking for? What's the gameplay? Why would we press that link?

Third: The following post will have to be about the DreamBall64 game or I will have to take action. If you wanna discuss the rules of the feedback forum, PM me or post in the feedback guideline thread.

Thanks!

gamer4Life
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2008, 08:11:18 PM »

This isn't really my type of game.  But, here's my 2 cents:

Graphics:  Good.  Nothing too special, but not bad either. 

Sound:  The effects were good.  I thought the music was kind of annoying and a bit repetitive.

Gameplay:  Good.  If I was into this genre more, I could see myself enjoying it.  Some levels were challenging.  Others were a bit easy.  A good mix overall.

Overall:  I'd say my main problem in the game is that nothing is GREAT.  Everything's just good enough to not be bad, but just not compelling either.
Also, I installed the game at 10:43.  I finished the demo (10 levels) at 10:59.  I didn't really think that was that long...
Bad Sector
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2008, 04:54:12 AM »

I've found this game through luck and i liked it (the controls are awesome, but i use similar controls too, so i'm biased :-P :-P :-P). I decided to write about it in my magazine column about indie games and was looking for shots (since i had a problem taking my own), so i found this thread here. Since it is a "feedback" forum, i'm going to post some feedback:

As i said, i liked it. Controls are awesome, graphics good, but one thing i disliked it: for each kind of entity (tree, enemy, goal, etc) you only have one model. While you change the scenery's color set, the rest remains the same making the game lack variety. I'm sure it would make it look much better if you used more variety in your 3D models. Also as already said, the sound could be a little improved. But it was ok in general.

I hope you read this and i'm not wasting bytes in the db :-P.

~bs~
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic