Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411804 Posts in 69416 Topics- by 58462 Members - Latest Member: Moko1910

May 28, 2024, 09:32:44 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Creativedelete me
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: delete me  (Read 1899 times)
Jasmine
« on: August 03, 2011, 10:20:58 AM »

delete me
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 11:41:24 AM by jlwgl » Logged
MaloEspada
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 10:23:16 AM »

indie brawl: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?board=29.0
balding's quest: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?board=28.0
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 02:12:26 PM »

there were also a few secret ones; most of the ones named and unnamed are ongoing or semi-abandoned, so you could join/revive one of them rather than start a new one

Zaphos
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 02:55:43 AM »

Balding's Quest is public and also semi-abandoned, we could try to re-organize that.  Though it's not as open / clearly licensed as you'd like I think.  Might require summoning BmcC back from the void to do it ...

It would be nice to come up with a project idea that's simultaneously smaller scale and more able to take disparate contributions ... with previous projects it seems it's been hard to sustain interest.  Something designed to only take a month to create could be nice ...
Makai
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 02:10:48 PM »

I'd say the best way to get started with something like that is to just start it yourself and invite people to contribute. If you have the drive to see it through, then:

1) Best case - people will slowly trickle in as they see the direction the project is heading.
 2) Worst case - you finish a game by yourself.

Either way you win in the end.
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2011, 09:30:18 PM »

I do have an idea for a new project, and I'm tempted to make it myself, but it'd be lots more fun if it were a community project. Smiley

I was thinking of a Gauntlet type game.... but more epic. 

I'd be interested in hearing about this. And there is this strange disparity here about team-based projects - some like the idea, some hate it. Some say it can work, and some say it doesn't. One project idea I was going to roll with combines Gauntlet and Zelda aspects, maybe some ProcGen elements, and possibly a touch of Samurai Warriors influence as well.

Theoretically, it may take a little poking/prying and reassurance that you aren't "taking over," but some of the projects in "Feedback" are often open to help that extends beyond simple feedback.

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2011, 10:29:37 PM »

I can't take a look at the secret ones if they're secret. How do I get to see them?

i can't tell you that, obviously

but i can say that the longer you stay around the forums, the more secrets are revealed to you

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic