Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411508 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 10:38:01 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)Keyboard trouble
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Keyboard trouble  (Read 3141 times)
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« on: June 21, 2008, 07:14:35 PM »

I've been having a serious problem with the games I've been playing on my computer recently. When I'm holding down the spacebar, I can't move up and left at the same time. This may seem absurdly trivial, but it just so happens that I sometimes need to be shooting my gun while I head up and to the left. My flash game playing career is ruined, and it even effects all the freeware games that use the spacebar for something as well!

Any suggestions? I think this kind of problem has been noticed and fixed in the past, I just want to find out how. It's really beginning to tick me off  WTF
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 08:47:18 PM »

I've been having a serious problem with the games I've been playing on my computer recently. When I'm holding down the spacebar, I can't move up and left at the same time. This may seem absurdly trivial, but it just so happens that I sometimes need to be shooting my gun while I head up and to the left. My flash game playing career is ruined, and it even effects all the freeware games that use the spacebar for something as well!

Any suggestions? I think this kind of problem has been noticed and fixed in the past, I just want to find out how. It's really beginning to tick me off  WTF

Your keyboard might be getting old and starting to fail. Just a theory though.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 09:13:50 PM »

Welcome to the wild word of key rollover!  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Key_jamming

Keyboards suck except for the expensive ones that do n-key rollover meaning that you can hit any key you want and it wont jam up.

For example, I'm trying to play Jets and Guns, but I cant use spacebar for the exact same reason.  Using space, I cant move my ship up and back while firing. =(
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 09:18:16 PM by xerus » Logged
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 07:42:32 AM »

For example, I'm trying to play Jets and Guns, but I cant use spacebar for the exact same reason.  Using space, I cant move my ship up and back while firing. =(

This is exactly why I made the post, actually. I guess this means I can't solve the problem without spending money  Cry
Ishi
Pixelhead
Level 10

coffee&coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2008, 08:40:21 AM »

I've had this problem with most of the keyboards I've ever used. This is why games shouldn't use spacebar as a major button!

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2008, 12:18:59 PM »

I hate using spacebar for games anyway.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
MekanikDestructiwKommando
Level 3

Let's ROCK!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2008, 09:55:31 PM »

I posted in another thread about a gamepad recommendation.. anyone have one..?

There have always been interactive experiences that go beyond entertainment.  For example, if mafia games are too fun for you, then you can always join the mafia.
___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2008, 10:28:26 PM »

I posted in another thread about a gamepad recommendation.. anyone have one..?

A wired 360 controller.
ravuya
Level 7

Yip yip yip yip yip

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2008, 08:40:39 AM »

Yeah, I really love the 360 controller. You can also use a wireless one if you buy the adaptor, but what's the point?

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic