Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411649 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 15, 2024, 10:14:24 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSuper Lemonade Factory
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Super Lemonade Factory  (Read 3884 times)
initials
Level 2

Initials

View Profile
« on: August 05, 2011, 04:55:29 PM »

Super Lemonade Factory.

Super Lemonade Factory is an action platformer for iOS.

NEWS!
Featured on Kotaku!

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/09/show-and-tell-initials-video-game-collective/

Follow the adventures of the factory owners as they fight to keep their lemonade factory alive, battling the forces that conspire against them to shut it down. This includes the army, angry chefs, disgruntled works and the dreaded food inspector.

An Initials original game.

Character art by Miguelito.
Music by Easyname.

Want to make a map???

I'm not satisfied with my level designs. Do you want to help?

So there at three resolutions of levels. 480x320, 720x480, 960x640. Each block is 10x10. That makes each map look like this:

Level size 480x320. Map size 48x32.

Level size 720x480. Map size is 72x48.

Level size 960x640. Map size is 96x64.

So if you are interested in making a map just save one of these pngs (or all of them and make a complete set!) and go to town. When you're done email me at [email protected] and send it through. If I use it, or part of it you'll get a credit on my game. Sorry that's about all I can offer at the moment.

Highest jump = 10 pixels.
While on Sugar High highest jump = 12 pixels.

If you want any more information on Super Lemonade Factory please email me at [email protected]

Gifs:

Fan Art:
If anyone is interested in doing some fan art please get in touch.

Larger images:

« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 04:19:27 PM by initials » Logged

Initials
VFX/Games/Music
Super Lemonade Factory, Super Lemonade Factory Part Two, Revvolvver, Four Chambers of the Human Heart.
BattleBeard
Level 6

please touch me

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 05:17:33 PM »

Sounds almost like it rhymes with my game's title.

Also, great sprites.
B.
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 05:28:48 PM »

Yeah, i agree : those graphics are pretty groovie.
about the level design, it's hard to say how much it fits without knowing more about the game system and the rules -)

Could like to give a hand on it.

initials
Level 2

Initials

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 05:51:14 PM »

Yeah, i agree : those graphics are pretty groovie.
about the level design, it's hard to say how much it fits without knowing more about the game system and the rules -)

Could like to give a hand on it.

Absolutely you are right! I meant to post some specs such as how high the player can jump (both normally and in Sugar High mode), the rules of the game etc.

You can get a good idea of what's going on in the game in this gameplay video:

Sounds almost like it rhymes with my game's title.

Also, great sprites.

I just checked out your thread for Intelligent Frog Factory. The names do have the same rhythm about them. But I think you'll agree they are totally opposite in regards to the content of the game. I'm going to post on your thread. I really like the sprites.

Initials
VFX/Games/Music
Super Lemonade Factory, Super Lemonade Factory Part Two, Revvolvver, Four Chambers of the Human Heart.
B.
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 05:51:53 AM »

-> what i understand of the game after watching the video : it's a survival game, where you need to catch some crates and other items to strike the ennemies coming up.

in your video, you die really often -> as a player, i was immediately asking if the game was not too frustrating. as a designer, i understand it's not yet balanced -)

initials
Level 2

Initials

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2011, 08:05:34 PM »

Absolutely correct. It's not balanced yet. But at the same time, it's still fairly close to how I have always imagined it. The thing about iPhone games is, and this is totally open to debate, is that most people will pick up and play for between 1 to 10 minutes.

Of course there are the hard core games, many are probably on this board, but you've got to think about everyone else that's playing a game on the bus and then not even thinking about video games for the rest of the day.

I don't want to turn this thread into a "What is a hardcore gamer" debate. I just want a player to be able to pick up my game, go for a high score, without spending the entire 10 minutes remembering where you are in a game, how to get back to the store to purchase more sugar and barley, which character wanted that stuff...

To summarize, I'm going for a fast paced action game rather than an RPG.

That all said, I'm going to be adding different behavior to each enemy and attempting to balance out the game. I'll post another video when that's done and see what your thoughts are.

Thanks for the feedback.

-> what i understand of the game after watching the video : it's a survival game, where you need to catch some crates and other items to strike the ennemies coming up.

in your video, you die really often -> as a player, i was immediately asking if the game was not too frustrating. as a designer, i understand it's not yet balanced -)

Initials
VFX/Games/Music
B.
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 09:11:12 AM »

I just want a player to be able to pick up my game, go for a high score, without spending the entire 10 minutes remembering where you are in a game, how to get back to the store to purchase more sugar and barley, which character wanted that stuff...

You couldn't be more true -)
If your goal is to reach a large audience, then "short n' easy to play" is the best choice to make.

Scottapotamas
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2011, 03:19:15 AM »

really looking forward to this...
initials
Level 2

Initials

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2011, 03:29:09 AM »

really looking forward to this...

Thanks.

Just as small update, I'm now using the Ogmo Level Editor.

If anyone wants to make a level, I'll package it up and send it through.

Initials
VFX/Games/Music
Scottapotamas
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2011, 03:42:17 AM »

Sure will... Do you have a base projects file to work from, or just botch one together and you tinker with it? Any particular map size or theme of level to need? Im sure making a level or two for this will give me a good break from my current platformer!
JackMenhorn
Level 2

Sound Designer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2011, 03:58:19 AM »

I dig it.

Sound Designer<br />www.jackmenhorn.com

Nova-111 OST: https://jackmenhorn.bandcamp.com/album/nova-111
initials
Level 2

Initials

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2011, 02:40:44 AM »

Front page of Kotaku today!!!!!

Sure will... Do you have a base projects file to work from, or just botch one together and you tinker with it? Any particular map size or theme of level to need? Im sure making a level or two for this will give me a good break from my current platformer!

Level's are either 480x320 (small) or 960x640 (large).

Some time soon I'm going to package all my graphics so you can unzip and use the Ogmo editor to create levels. I'll let you know when it happens.

Initials
VFX/Games/Music
Retro
Level 2

Matej Jan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2011, 02:32:35 PM »

What happened to the "Open letter to Vlambeer" post I read on your webpage?

In there you wrote you had a game like Super Crate Box ready for iOS and asked Vlambeer to work with you, so that someone wouldn't make it first in the style of Ninja Fishing. Now I see Super Crate Box indeed is coming out for iOS, but it's made by Halfbot.

Is Super Lemonade Factory the project you were talking about? I tried to find the post, but it seems you deleted it. So I'm wondering what the turn of events was.

hammer_Peter
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2011, 02:47:39 PM »

This looks totaly awsome! You have a good feeling for characters and animation. I would love to help if i knew anything about leveldesign.
initials
Level 2

Initials

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2011, 04:13:34 PM »

Good question.

I took it down because it was redundant. A few days after I posted that Vlambeer announced they were working with Halfbot to bring out the real Super Crate Box.
Halfbot's iOS games, particularly League of Evil, are great. So I can imagine this game is going to be awesome.

Super Lemonade Factory began life as a Super Crate Box clone. It was going to easy. I had already created SCB by ripping sprites and coding it using Flixel iOS for the iPhone. So it was going to be easy, I was going to swap the graphics, Huh?, then profit.

However, the game wasn't fun. Coming up with new was hard. Then the Fishing scandal hit. I had to rethink my strategy.

I ditched all the guns (although I'm going to leave grenades, or soda bulbs in the game.

I got the Ogmo editor to work with iOS, and began turning the game into a Metroid/Vania explore > get powers > unlock doors > explore type of platformer.

Hope that answers your questions.

What happened to the "Open letter to Vlambeer" post I read on your webpage?

In there you wrote you had a game like Super Crate Box ready for iOS and asked Vlambeer to work with you, so that someone wouldn't make it first in the style of Ninja Fishing. Now I see Super Crate Box indeed is coming out for iOS, but it's made by Halfbot.

Is Super Lemonade Factory the project you were talking about? I tried to find the post, but it seems you deleted it. So I'm wondering what the turn of events was.

Initials
VFX/Games/Music
initials
Level 2

Initials

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2011, 04:19:57 PM »

This project was featured on the Australian Kotaku:

Initials
VFX/Games/Music
Retro
Level 2

Matej Jan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2011, 05:52:46 AM »

Yeah, this explains it. I do hope that even if it's hard, finding fun gameplay did prove to be a pleasurable activity. Your art style indeed is great, so hope the rest will deliver as well.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic