Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411489 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 04:42:41 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralTIGSource PnP Games Night?
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: TIGSource PnP Games Night?  (Read 8372 times)
Tasoth
Level 0

View Profile
« on: June 23, 2008, 05:12:54 PM »

So the idea hit me in the IRC chat: Why not have a TIG Source Pnp games night? When I brought it up, Reetva and someone else were all for it, as well as Annabelle.

How would we do this? One of two ways.

OpenRPG. A python proggie designed for this purpose. It's customizable with plugins if we feel the need for making them. Down side of it is I have no clue how to work it as of yet, we need someone to host a server for it and those who wish to use it need to download it. It does have scads of functions built in, such as a white board, a map, dice rolling and various other commands.

ProjectJJ chat server. Browser based PHP chats designed for roleplaying. I can sign up for a chat for free, which can be made public or private. Bunch of commands built, such as dice, Private messaging, ignoring, banning, etc. Supports avatars, profiles linked in the avatar bar, colored text.

I'm never GM'd/DM'd a game, so a volunteer for holding that would be nice if we do do this. I can also list game systems I own if need be.

So what say you TIGgers?
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 05:24:27 PM »

I would certainly play, though I've never done anything of the sort before, and I don't have any special equipment like books or whatever.

Xotes
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 05:27:16 PM »

Ah, OpenRPG. I had great fun when Sappho (DF forums) hosted a DF-themed GURPS game. At least, I think it was GURPS.

“I have brought you T, Master. It took quite a lot of searching on your Galaxy’s non-holographic communications network, but no man is beyond the reach of a Sith.”

Meanwhile, poor Mr. T was left to hang upside down in the middle of the room, informing us that we were both fools, to be pitied.
Tasoth
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 05:29:35 PM »

I would certainly play, though I've never done anything of the sort before, and I don't have any special equipment like books or whatever.

It shouldn't be a problem not owning the books. Those mainly come into play when you're running it. The whole character creation process is something the GM helps in and most systems are easy to pick up once you start rolling.
reetva
Level 5

Bee dee bai do beeeee

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 06:06:45 PM »

OpenRPG sounds best. Alas, I've never been a very good GM, so that's not for me. Oh, and I would like to play either Burning Wheel/Empires* or Exalted, if at all possible.

*I've never played those two, but I've read the rulebook/extension for the Burning Wheel, so I can tell that it's good.

Hello!  I am here to boogie.  Shall we?
team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 08:07:06 PM »

I would love to run/take part in a "My life with Master" game!

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2008, 08:53:07 PM »

What does PnP stand for?
nvm

Also, I'm in.

Don Andy
Level 10

Andreas Kämper, Dandy, Tophat Andy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2008, 12:45:55 AM »

I'd give it a go (if it happens to be a "night" where I actually am online) although I never, ever properly played a PnP game before. Mainly because there was nobody around to do it with, and playing a PnP game with yourself is extremely boring.

I never knew there are online substitues for it, though.

So if you guys don't mind a total newcomer, I'd give it a go.
reetva
Level 5

Bee dee bai do beeeee

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2008, 01:04:58 AM »

I would love to run/take part in a "My life with Master" game!

I think that that sounds good. I believe that the current situation is "If nobody else volunteers to GM, we'll let Quiggan do it," but don't quote me on that.

Hello!  I am here to boogie.  Shall we?
shinygerbil
Blew Blow (Loved It)
Level 10

GET off your horse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2008, 03:16:15 AM »

I'd be up for some experimentation in the bedroom.

olücæbelel
Akhel
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2008, 03:37:51 AM »

I'm someone else.

Meaning I'm absolutely in Kiss
Aik
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2008, 03:52:34 AM »

If anyone's running any hippie indie Forgeish type games (such as, for instance, My Life With Master), I would love to join you :p I'm too cheap/poor to buy the rulebooks myself though.
hroon
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2008, 08:16:32 AM »

I would love to try. Anyone ever played that cthulhu PnP? I bought a rulebook once but never really managed to play it..

skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2008, 12:42:32 PM »

Sweet!

I was actually just thinking to myself a few days ago that I should try to look fo somewhere to play some old-school PnP action online. Sadly where I live there aren't many people into that sort of thing.

Anyways, I am definitely down for this  Beer!

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
Tasoth
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2008, 04:35:12 PM »

List of those willing to participate:

Tasoth
Reetva
Quiggan
Chutup
Xion
Biggerfish
Shinygerbil
Kao
Aik
Hroon
Skaldicpoet

Addendum:
Annabelle
Cyber95

This is a big ol' list, so we need to get times that everyone can play.

Secondly, the next major step is to figure out what we're going to use to play. I'm impartial as to whether OpenRPG or the php chat are used, and there is also the option of an IRC channel if we can find a dice rolling script or RPG bot.

We also need to find out what we're going to play. If Quiggan is running it, we can shoot for My Life with Master. I don't know who else has corebooks for systems aside from myself and I'd be comfortable running a one shot Don't Rest Your Head or All Flesh Must be Eaten game until I feel comfortable running a bigger campaign.

So, in summation, we need votes for the following three things: Program used, Game being played and time for play.

Impartial to program used, up for any game and I can play Friday or Saturday from about 6 to 8pm EST until I crash.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 12:32:43 PM by Tasoth » Logged
Akhel
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2008, 05:00:45 PM »

We should use a system that can either be downloaded for free (warezed or legal) or very easily taught.

I'll be available every weekday from about 17GMT to 23GMT starting on the 9th (maybe a little more on the weekends). I can usually catch game night, so I don't think it will be a problem. Call my agent if you have any further questions. Gentleman
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2008, 08:44:07 PM »

I like the look of OpenRPG. As for the game I think that My Life with Master sounds pretty interesting. There is also Bedlam, I haven't had the chance to play it yet but it sounds pretty fun, more of a storytelling game though. I'm down fo anything though...

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
Annabelle Kennedy
Awesomesauce
Level 8

♥Android Love♥

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2008, 08:47:42 PM »

I'd participate, but you'd mentioned me in the first post.    but yes, definitely.. ive always kind of wondered about those types of games.
cyber95
Level 5

The Computer is your friend.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2008, 08:53:19 PM »

Is it too late to get in on this?

Tasoth
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2008, 12:34:17 PM »

Over at the Witchcraft site the corebook is free to download. While this isn't All Flesh Must be Eaten, it is the same dice engine. My life with master looks like it's easy to pick up and play without the corebook.

Also, I do have the Call of Cthulhu corebook floating around somewhere.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic