Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 07:08:36 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralTIGSource PnP Games Night?
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: TIGSource PnP Games Night?  (Read 8373 times)
Gnarf
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2008, 12:59:58 PM »

Don't you really have to play that Dragon Hunters thing? That thing that that guy posted about in that thread about Dragon Hunters?

I would like to play, but having time for it at the same time that other people also have time for it seems the opposite of likely. Unlikely, even.
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2008, 09:17:14 PM »

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention...

I can pretty much play anytime except 4 a.m. to 12 p.m.(CST)

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
Miya
Level 0

Wtf was that?

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2008, 09:57:16 PM »

It's more fun when you are in the same basement drinking mtn dew and eating fritos.
reetva
Level 5

Bee dee bai do beeeee

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2008, 05:31:46 AM »

I can play anytime (with occasional exceptions that I will probably give you a day's notice about) from four o'clock to nine o'clock Mountain Standard Time.

Hello!  I am here to boogie.  Shall we?
Tasoth
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2008, 11:01:55 PM »

Alright my little ones, it seems game night is go for this Thursday around 8pm Est. The game will be Don't Rest Your Head, of which BlademasterBobo and Reetva have already completed a sheet. I'm looking for two-three more people to be my subjects.

Come and dig me up in the IRC channel or PM me. End date for joining will be Wednesday so I can get an inkling of a session plan together for thursday. For those of you who don't get to participate, you can still lurk in the OpenRPG server while the game is played, getting to watch what it is all about.

I promise nothing spectacular.
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2008, 03:20:46 PM »

Awesome Smiley

I'm going to play through the demo tonight or tomorrow to get acquainted with the game mechanics.

See you guys on Thursday Beer!

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
Corpus
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2008, 07:16:39 AM »

I wouldn't mind playing, but pretty soon I'll be going away and then I won't be back until August. Maybe if it works well you can do another one in August, hey?
Tasoth
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2008, 03:13:25 PM »

I wouldn't mind playing, but pretty soon I'll be going away and then I won't be back until August. Maybe if it works well you can do another one in August, hey?

I'll be trying to run these as often as I can, even continuing on into the fall/spring college semester. But the latter is a bit away and I'd rather see how things turn out by then.
Lazer
Level 3

:S

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2008, 05:43:04 PM »

Just for consideration you guys, maptool works way better than openrpg in my opinion, less stuff to download too. It's fickle about port forwarding for the host though.
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2008, 05:55:43 PM »

I'm out

Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2008, 06:14:29 PM »

I'm camping out

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
Gnarf
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2008, 01:26:28 PM »

Don't you really have to play that Dragon Hunters thing? That thing that that guy posted about in that thread about Dragon Hunters?
Oh wait, I'm an idiot. What with how very indie it was, I figured I'd read about it on this forum. But it's like way over there.

Now then.
Tasoth
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2008, 03:50:09 PM »

Going to postpone the game until next week, see if I can dig up more players for it.
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2008, 04:15:37 PM »

Going to postpone the game until next week, see if I can dig up more players for it.

It's all good we can try to set something up next week. Maybe we can coerce some of the people on IRC to join in :D

hroon
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2008, 08:58:21 PM »

I have more free time next week - so count me in... on Thursday again?

skaldicpoet9
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2008, 09:18:32 PM »

Yeah, I think so. Tasoth should be on here sometime and let everyone know.

I think that maybe we should try to start a poll to see the best time that everyone is available at. That way we can get a good game with a decent amount of people going.

Personally I am stoked about Don't Rest Your Head  Beer!

Tasoth
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2008, 07:59:31 PM »

Yeah, this Thursday at 8. I'm still looking for one more person, so perhaps I'll try and sell the setting with some homebrewed fiction.

[Bardsvoice]
You would wish for sleep, but it would be wasted. Sleep has became something that no longer applied to you a long time ago, back before everything went insane. Back when what kept you up mattered, could be remembered. Before you heard the Click.

It was the sound of reality putting the gun to the back of your head and flicking the safety off.

Back before you knew of the Mad City.

It started off subtly at first, a window where it wasn't before, showing an interior that didn't fit the building or a vista of rooftops from the ground level, a door in an improbable place, or an alley that seemingly sprung up overnight, unnatural shapes moving about inside. And then you decided to go through, to see why the other side was different.

And the nightmares were waiting.

You met others like you and they told you the rules. You can't sleep or the nightmares will come, attracted to you like lions to the kill. Keep your sanity or you'll become one of the nightmares. In the Mad City or the City Slumbering, never drop your guard because they'll be there.

No respite, no sanctuary, will you find a way back to being asleep or will you be stuck as one of the Awake, doomed to death or a fate much worse?

[/bardsvoice]

Mechanically, the game is simple: D6s all around. There are no stats, and aside from a few descriptive sentences and talents, your character is only different from the others based on how you respond as them

That's right, you have to roleplay.

As for characters, we have:

Blademaster Bobo, playing an addict and who is secretly a master brawler and mind controller.

Reetva, choosing a fear of sleep to be keeping him up and a poisonous touch.

SkaldicPoet, an ex-navy seal, Judo Master and telekinetic.

Altogether, they've created a really dark, sorrowful cast from the details in the characters, but not every one needs to play a character like that. An olympic track and field runner who got swallowed up during their hurdles competition is just as feasible as the others.
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2008, 09:47:53 PM »

Seriously, this is going to be fucking awesome.

And there is free beer too.... Beer!

..ok, not really.

but, um, we could roleplay like we're drinking beer  Wink

Tasoth
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2008, 09:28:25 AM »

Game will be up tonight around 8 on the OpenRPG DevII server under the name of District 13 for those of you who want to watch. It'll be moderated, so posting won't happen unless the moderator gives you the ability.
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2008, 12:56:07 AM »

Sorry I couldn't jump on, my computer had a major meltdown last night and I had to stay up trying to fix the problem.  Angry

Is everyone up for another round next week sometime?

btw how did everything go this week?

*edit: I just got your message, unfortunately I can't do it Friday because I am having a garage sale all weekend.

Can we set it up for sometime next week? (anytime would be better then this weekend)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 01:20:12 AM by skaldicpoet9 » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic