Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 02:54:40 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinesswww.pixelartgames.com - Looking for business partners
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: www.pixelartgames.com - Looking for business partners  (Read 7932 times)
Javilop
Level 2

View Profile
« on: June 24, 2008, 03:31:39 AM »

Hello!

I've been working for some time in order to create a gamming portal / gamming data base for ONLY 100% Pure Pixel Art Games. http://www.pixelartgames.com

Now that the system for adding games (trought a private login), with options for adding videos/images/etc is ready, I'm searching for someone that wants to help me to upload the games, create the screenshots, make reviews or contribute in any other way.

What I don't offer:
- Money for each review or a salary. I want a business partner, not to contract anyone.

What I offer:
- A partner (me), that has a finished shareware game (Snap Mahjongg!), a 2d engine for rapid game development and is currently, working in another casual game.
- Sharing any earnings from affiliate selling of games or advertisment.
- A portal already working and ready to start to upload games, for several platforms, and with top download and top news lists. For each games it is possible to create a review, add screenshots and a youtube video.
- Private system (implemented with php upon the data base) for uploading games trought easy formularies. Statistics for the games, etc.
- 30 unique visits / day right now, because there are only 15 games uploaded and the portal is more or less new in its current look. This will improve by time, adding more games, etc.

What I want to find in a partner:
1) Someone that like games and that enjoy playing them, talking about them, etc. That will play each game that he/she will upload to the system and will be able to extract the feeling of the exprience and create a great review.
2) Good writing skills in english (my weak point because I'm spanish), for writing reviews.
3) Someone that finish what starts, and works well in a small team.
4) Php/html/css skills will be valuable, but are optional.

How will be the incomings (if there are any) be divided?
- This is something that we can talk about, of course, but currently I'm thinking in:
   1) First, we will use the money for paying hosting, advertisment, or any other hyphotetical things we need to pay.
   2) The rest of the money will be divided as follows: 75% will be divided equally between the partners (including me as a partner). The other 25% will be given as a bonus, so the partners with more and better reviews that month, will receive more (I'm working on that formula Wink). So I don't receive more that others, I want this to be clear as water.

How many partners?
- Well is not the quantity but the quality. I would like to start with a only 2 or 3 people, that will feel the portal as their own portal and will add and review at least 3 or 4 games each week. I don't want 20 partners that are not doing anything, I prefer less people, but the good ones.

Currently I'm adding both free and shareware games. I put an affiliate code in the shareware games, so if someone buy them, they give us 35%. As I said, I will share this money, and any other possible incomings from ads, with any associate/s that will help me with the portal.

I hope some of you would be interested because I really have problems when making the reviews, because my english is not good at all (I'm Spanish). And I want each of the games to have their own review, and to avoid to copy reviews from other websites. Furthermore, being alone on this is quite boring Tongue

Are there any pixel art games lovers out there that want to help me? Please? I'm open to any advice too!

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 09:29:03 AM by Loover » Logged
Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 03:37:58 AM »

Wait, are you looking for pixel artists or business partners?

Javilop
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 03:40:21 AM »

Business partners, to make the reviews, add games, etc. No pixel artist are needed because we will be adding games of other people, and we will just add screenshots, videos and reviews trought the private system of the portal.
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 04:47:24 AM »

Tell us, Loover - if this is a Pixel Art Games site, why the devil is its logo 3D-esque? Shouldn't it be Pixelled? Just saying.
Javilop
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 05:30:09 AM »

Tell us, Loover - if this is a Pixel Art Games site, why the devil is its logo 3D-esque? Shouldn't it be Pixelled? Just saying.

Feel free to pixelize it :D

In fact I had a previous version of the portal, with a retro look. But finally I prefered to use this style. At least the monsters and tree of the header are pixel art Wink
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 12:43:01 PM »

... I could review stuff Tongue

Javilop
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 12:58:04 PM »

Why not... but... what do you mean exactly with "review stuff"?
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2008, 01:01:39 PM »

I kept it short because I'm not even sure I understood what you asked for.

EDIT: I was sure I read it all, but apparently not.

1) Play games all the time. It's what I do Grin
2) I have an A in English in school.
3) I have problems with this sometimes, but I try my best.
4) I only know a bit of HTML, but I could probably pick some PHP up.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 01:04:34 PM by Hideous » Logged

Corpus
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2008, 02:34:43 PM »

I have points 1, 2 and 4 covered, but 3 is an issue, particularly as I'm going to be away almost constantly over the next month and a half.
Javilop
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2008, 12:47:36 AM »

EDIT: I was sure I read it all, but apparently not.

I edited the main post without saying anything! Sorry!

Corpus, Hideous, I've sent you both a private message Wink

I have edited the main post with these words

How many partners?
- Well is not the quantity but the quality. I would like to start with a only 2 or 3 people, that will feel the portal as their own portal and will add and review at least 3 or 4 games each week. I don't want 20 partners that are not doing anything, I prefer less people, but the good ones.

How will be the incomings (if there are any) be divided?
- This is something that we can talk about, of course, but currently I'm thinking in:
   1) First, we will use the money for paying hosting, advertisment, or any other hyphotetical things we need to pay.
   2) The rest of the money will be divided as follows: 75% will be divided equally between the partners (including me as a partner). The other 25% will be given as a bonus, so the partners with more and better reviews that month, will receive more (I'm working on that formula). So I don't receive more that others, I want this to be clear as water. Maybe I will recive less If I write less reviews Tongue
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 02:05:22 AM by Loover » Logged
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2008, 03:38:29 AM »

Ah, another point! Well, yes, I do. Point 5 isn't hard at all - I really play around 4 new games each week.

Javilop
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2008, 03:45:17 AM »

Yep, sorry:

EDIT in the main post:

5) Time enough in order to make at least 3 / 4 reviews a week.

Check your PM again Hideous Wink
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 08:03:44 AM by Loover » Logged
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2008, 06:08:21 AM »

Actually, isn't 3-4 reviews a week a bit much? What if a game has a story, we'd have to play it through to get a proper sense of it. I'd say 3-5 a month is more reasonable, you'd still get 3 or 4 new reviews each week.

moshboy
Level 8

i am the sick feeling in the pit of your stomach

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2008, 01:38:39 AM »

I'd agree with that. From experience 3 - 4 reviews in a week can be a pretty tough slog.. it may not sound like a lot but if you do your research and play the game enough to get a good sense of things, this can be pretty tough to accomplish, especially with other responsibilities.

Javilop
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2008, 08:48:34 AM »

Yes, maybe is to much. I think I'll quit that point. Let's say that I would like someone that is constant in his/her work.

Have you seen your PM Hideous?
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2008, 10:32:57 AM »

Yes, I have, and I am working on a review, but I am sorry to say that I will be at my grandmother's until this coming thursday from tomorrow morning.

Javilop
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2008, 05:18:04 PM »

Yes, I have, and I am working on a review, but I am sorry to say that I will be at my grandmother's until this coming thursday from tomorrow morning.

No problem! There isn't any hurry.
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2008, 05:48:42 AM »

all the best luck for you project Loover!!!

also yes, please make a pixel-art version of the site! maybe contact Awesomebelle Kennedy Kiss

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
Javilop
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2008, 01:59:54 AM »

Hey Eclipse! Not interested? Italians are always welcome :D

Graccie mille!
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2008, 08:12:43 AM »