Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 05:02:55 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsTIGJam 4: Lodging
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Print
Author Topic: TIGJam 4: Lodging  (Read 31667 times)
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2011, 08:24:11 PM »

I'm interested but it's not a big deal, I'll swipe a spot if someone doesn't pay or just get a room somewhere.  I was the one that forgot to check back on the thread Smiley

Thank you, good sir.   Gentleman Toast Right

(Justin, if I could get re-added to the group, that would be great... Thanks)

Chris Z
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2011, 09:18:06 PM »

Hah I don't think I'll be doing much sleeping so I'll just claim a couch.

Actually, I don't mind doing this either.  It'll bring the cost down for people and I'd be tired enough to crash anywhere after working non-stop the whole day and night.

Rob Lach
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: September 18, 2011, 12:41:39 PM »

(there is bed space for ten)

I suppose we'll check it out when we get there. I'm assuming a couple of those beds are of the futon type.

Evan Balster
Level 10

I live in this head.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: September 18, 2011, 03:36:59 PM »

One king bed, two queen beds, two twin beds, and a fold-out couchbed suited for two.

I don't think we'll be allowed to keep anyone past the first ten in the house, though.  :\

Creativity births expression.  Curiosity births exploration.
Our work is as soil to these seeds; our art is what grows from them...

Wreath, SoundSelf, Infinite Blank, Cave Story+, <plaid/audio>
justinfic
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: September 18, 2011, 04:46:58 PM »

One king bed, two queen beds, two twin beds, and a fold-out couchbed suited for two.

I don't think we'll be allowed to keep anyone past the first ten in the house, though.  :\

I'll check with Lisa (the owner) as to whether more than ten can crash there. If so, we'll figure out some way to handle chipping in since half the people have already thrown in 10%, as I'm sure the extra fees will still appy. I'll keep you guys posted.

Twitter | Current Project: Heavy drinking
sonicblastoise
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: September 19, 2011, 11:51:58 PM »

I'm glad the BnB thing worked out for you guys! I was following the thread for a bit and was excited once it popped up.

I've posted a few times already, but I have a place up in Hayward (about 30-45 min north of Mountain View) with space for 2, maybe 3 people, free of charge. I have a car too, so I'd provide the transportation as long as people are willing to chip in for gas. I had one response earlier, but no follow-up, so the space is still available!

It's not ideal since it's not as close as staying in MV itself, but it is free, and it's not just sleeping on bare floor. I have a futon and a set of bedding and a pillow. woot?

anyway, if anyone is interested send me a PM for more info. thanks!
justinfic
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: September 24, 2011, 09:32:29 AM »

Update from Lisa:

I would say the maximum for the house is 12, and it will be more comfortable for you if there are only 10. However, sleeping on the floor in the semi-finished garage would be doable and fairly comfortable with an air mattress. There are only 2 bathrooms, so you'll be sharing those and six people per bathroom is somewhat crowded.

If the consensus is the more the merrier (lower cost per person, and you don't mind it being 20% more crowded) I will add Chris Z and a #12!

Evan Balster
Level 10

I live in this head.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: September 24, 2011, 11:10:23 AM »

Eh, what the hell.  But we'll need to get an air mattress.

Chris Z
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: September 25, 2011, 01:34:18 PM »

I can bring an air mattress, awesome!

I sent a request to join the WePay group, or you can let me know who and how much to Paypal.

EDIT: That is if you guys decide to open up a spot or two.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 11:14:50 AM by Chris Z » Logged

bmau.ro
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: September 27, 2011, 06:13:48 PM »

Is anyone planning on driving down from San Francisco? I can take the train, but driving is more convenient.

That makes three people for a pool, I think. We still don't have a driver though.

Sup guys. 

I have a four door and was planning to be driving down each day, though reading now about this BnB thing...kinda tempted to pitch in and crash with a sleeping pad for the convenience/slumber party fun times.  Likely I'll just drive tho, more likely if it means we can split gas 4 ways.
Rob Lach
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: September 27, 2011, 07:09:01 PM »

Posted a note with my Phone # to the wepay group. I'll be flying in a day early and leaving a day late in relation to the time we have the place so I can be the first one there and the last one to leave if need be.

justinfic
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2011, 05:29:49 PM »

Sorry for the the delay in getting back to this, been wrapped up in crunchtime for a contest that just wrapped Tired Hand Metal Right

I've updated the page with an address, map, and my phone # as well. I'll be flying in Wed evening so I will see if I can arrange for Rob to pick up the keys so people can chill there during the day Wednesday.

Also I've heard no objections on having two extra mans in the house so I got Chris Z in and we have one more spot open for a #12!

What we will do for price, since more than half of us are already paid up @ $180, is leave it at $180 for everyone yet to chip in. The extra $20 will go toward mitigating the security deposit (which is $750 for > 10 people  Shocked) I'll throw it to everyone on Sat/Sun-- this way I won't have to beg everyone all weekend not to pull a Fear and Loathing on the place  Beg

tyronehenrie
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: October 05, 2011, 12:46:37 PM »

It looks like that 12th spot is still open and I'll hop on it. Checking in to wepay right now. This is going to be ossum!

justinfic
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: October 05, 2011, 03:37:04 PM »

It looks like that 12th spot is still open and I'll hop on it. Checking in to wepay right now. This is going to be ossum!

Cool, you're in. We are officially full!

Just need the last two people to get their cash monies in and we're completely set. The rental agreements are all signed and we're all paid up as far as security deposits and extra fees. It's also cool with them if someone arriving earlier picks up the keys, since I'll be getting in Wednesday night. So we're good to go! Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: October 05, 2011, 04:24:41 PM »

I sent the payment, but wePay is having trouble processing it.  I've sent an email to support. Hopefully everything should be cleared up soon.

c-foo peng
Level 3

game chef

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: October 07, 2011, 12:40:43 AM »

Count me in on the group of peoples needing a carpool to/from San Fran. PM me so we can exchange numbers!

Rob Lach
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: October 07, 2011, 09:05:26 AM »

For the house folks, I suggest putting up your phone#s on wepay.

bmau.ro
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: October 07, 2011, 04:28:52 PM »

Ok yeah, I will be driving down and back from San Fran each day.  This also means I can provide a spot on my couch with transportation if anybody still needs a place to stay.

Caveat: ride preference will be given to those who are not also relying on public transportation to and from the city each day - I'd like the freedom to stay late and not have to get somebody back to a BART station on time each night.

PM me / respond to thread with phone # and where you need picked up from if you want a spot.

Full Action Not-Actually-Turbo-Enhanced 4 Door Subaru POWER
  • Driver: Brendan "Brendanicus" Mauro
        -
  • Spot #1: c-foo peng
  • Spot #2: Triplefox
  • Spot #3: Soulliard
        -
  • Skinny Bitch Spot (if needed):
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 09:51:09 PM by bmau.ro » Logged
justinfic
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: October 07, 2011, 10:41:48 PM »

Cool, you're in. We are officially full!

False alarm-- Tyrone had to back out, so there is once again one spot open in the house!

Evan Balster
Level 10

I live in this head.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: October 08, 2011, 07:55:51 PM »

Who's it gonna BE..?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic