Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 09:39:21 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)TutorialsUnity C# and Shader Text Tutorials
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Print
Author Topic: Unity C# and Shader Text Tutorials  (Read 79590 times)
Tinyutopia
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2013, 01:37:28 AM »

Really enjoyed reading your endless runner tutorial and even learned a thing or two in the process

coAdjoint_Tom
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2013, 03:57:16 PM »

Jasper I've made great use of your tutorials in the past! I've done a little bit of real-time mesh rendering on my latest project and guess what I used as a starting point? :D

Working on skill modelling and adaptive AI systems in video games http://www.youtube.com/coAdjointTom

Game Ai blog:

http://coadjoint.wordpress.com/
forwardresent
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2013, 04:17:03 PM »

I've had these on my bookmarks bar for such a long time because I couldn't find much decent C# Unity stuff. I've never got into programming the editor or anything fancy yet. Thanks for these.
Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2013, 06:56:51 AM »

Thanks. I'm midst of game project where we are using Unity so these came handy. Especially since I hate video tutorials when learning programming and because most of the stuff I found used JS.

Jasper Flick
Level 2

Catlike Coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2013, 03:48:27 AM »

I wanted to let people know that I've updated all tutorials to Unity 4, except for the Star tutorial. I'll replace that one with three new tutorials, the first of which is Custom Data.

Eezo
Level 0

The big yellow one is the sun

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2013, 03:34:03 AM »

Wow, just wanted to say that these tutorials are incredibly helpful. I've been messing around with Unity off and on for over a year, and I feel like I've learned more following your tutorials in a day than I have in that year.  Hand Thumbs Up Left Hand Thumbs Up Right

Foolish Aggro Games
http://foolishaggro.com
Jasper Flick
Level 2

Catlike Coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2013, 04:49:15 AM »

@Eezo:  Smiley Good to hear they're useful!

I just completed the second editor tutorial.

Custom List, displaying data your way
This tutorial shows how to use an attribute and a property drawer to customize how lists are shown in the editor.

Saishy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2013, 09:56:02 AM »

So nice!

I really dislike video tutorials and they seem to be some kind of fever now...
I found it really good, I always wanted to try serialization!

If you are looking for new topics to make tutorials I think co-routines and pooling are something people still don't known. It really makes a difference in performance!

TinyBird Games  We make tiny games!
Jasper Flick
Level 2

Catlike Coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2013, 01:32:00 AM »

@Saishy: I don't like video tutorials either. Glad you enjoyed it!
I already touched pooling a bit in the Runner tutorial. Coroutines are tricky as they can just as well worsen performance if misused, but I don't use them that much myself so I'm not sure when I'll write about them.

And here's the third new editor tutorial! I also kept the old Star tutorial, for those who still use Unity 3.

Star, an introduction to custom editors
This tutorial shows how to write your own custom editor and manage a dynamic mesh in edit mode.

Saishy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2013, 05:06:28 AM »

@Saishy: I don't like video tutorials either. Glad you enjoyed it!
I already touched pooling a bit in the Runner tutorial. Coroutines are tricky as they can just as well worsen performance if misused, but I don't use them that much myself so I'm not sure when I'll write about them.
I see, I currently use a dictionary based pooling with a coroutine to automatically call Init() on the object in the next frame.

TinyBird Games  We make tiny games!
Jasper Flick
Level 2

Catlike Coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2013, 05:51:00 AM »

I have updated the Clock, Graphs, and Runner tutorials to Unity 4.3. This change is purely cosmetic. Besides the new screenshots and the removal of some typos they are still exactly the same.

The three editor tutorials need more work, as Unity's editor API has changed a bit. The Custom List tutorial doesn't work at all in 4.3. So I need to do some rewriting.

megameta
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2013, 10:30:43 AM »

These tutorials are so good and so critical to fully utilizing Unity that I can't believe they're not included with the documentation.  Gentleman

Angrycrow
Level 0

I like you already!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2014, 12:32:47 PM »

Very good work! At the very least I am inspired to make some tutorials. Also, I've been thinking about extending the new sprite animation system to include things like 'bounce' playback and hit box events. I couldn't find what I was looking for in the documentation. Could you help me find an entry point for that adventure?

An insane person does not know what an impossible task is.
Jasper Flick
Level 2

Catlike Coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2014, 02:12:57 AM »

I haven't had time yet to take a detailed look at the new 2D stuff, but others have already done quite a few things with it. Besides the docs, you could check blogs of both Unity and other developers.

NickyB
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2014, 05:14:40 PM »

I haven't had a chance to go through all of these but the fact that you put in the time to make text tutorials is awesome.  I will definitely be reading through them because I learn best from reading and doing. 

I like to play at knowing what I am doing. 

Follow the development of my games and game ideas on GameSprout
Jasper Flick
Level 2

Catlike Coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2014, 10:02:25 AM »

I have updated the Custom Data tutorial so it works with Unity 4.3. It's worth looking at it again because it changed quite a bit. I'll take care of the other editor tutorials later.

Jasper Flick
Level 2

Catlike Coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2014, 08:50:28 AM »

And the Custom List tutorial is now updated to unity 4.3 as well. Once again quite a change, so worth revisiting.

Jasper Flick
Level 2

Catlike Coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2014, 05:57:12 AM »

I'm currently investigating Patreon and contemplating whether I should use it instead of my donation countdown. So far I think I should switch.

Jasper Flick
Level 2

Catlike Coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2014, 10:13:47 AM »

I have finally updated the Star tutorial to Unity 4.3! Just a few changes, it mostly got simpler.

Star, an introduction to custom editors
This tutorial shows how to manage a dynamic mesh in edit mode and support WYSIWYG editing.

pektus
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2014, 09:59:42 PM »

Finally found what i'm looking for. Good work. Keep updating. Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic