Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 02:29:27 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingMuslim Massacre
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Print
Author Topic: Muslim Massacre  (Read 21742 times)
Sigvatr
BANNED
Level 0

View Profile
« on: June 24, 2008, 08:40:16 PM »

MUSLIM MASSACRE

The United States of America, a leader and role model for all in the modern world, is taking drastic measures to secure the freedom and safety of the world. Having born witness to the atrocities of the followers of Islam time and time again, it has been decided that the entire Muslim race shall be wiped from the surface of the Earth.

You, the American Hero, have valiantly volunteered to make landfall in the Middle East and ensure that no Muslim man or woman is left alive. Your mission priorities are to seek out and neutralize the Muslim leader Osama bin Laden, their radical cult leader Muhammad and finally Allah, taking down any targets you meet on the way.

SCREENSHOTS

THE BETA

This beta will be up for a few days only so grab it while you can. There are a number of things that aren't in the beta which are listed here:

* Intro sequence visuals still incomplete, but the audio is finished, so you can listen to the rest of it if you wish.
* Instructions button doesn't do anything yet
* Levels 7-12 not in the beta
* Bosses 2 and 3 not in the beta

The beta does however have a "debug" level where you have unlimited lives and time. You get to play this if you beat the included 6 levels and boss.

HOW TO PLAY

The instructions screen isn't done yet, so this is how you play:

* Use the mouse to AIM
* Press mouse button 1 to fire your weapon
* Press mouse button 2 to throw grenades if you have any
* Use WASD to move your man

Each round lasts 90. If you are still alive after 90 seconds, enemies will stop spawning and all you have to do is clean up the rest of them to progress to the next round.

NOTES

* The rocket launcher will follow the cursor wherever you position it before exploding after one second of flight time. Even if you are almost surrounded by enemies, you can still guide a missile out of the crowd and explode it far enough away from you to be safe but still take down lots of guys.
* In their battle frenzy, the enemy may often accept friendly losses in order to kill you. Use enemy friendly fire to your advantage.
* Most of the other stuff you'll figure out on the way.

DOWNLOAD

http://www.muslimmassacre.com/mmbeta.rar

HOW YOU CAN HELP
* Report any bugs
* Provide download mirrors for the game when it is finished, and possibly a place to host the website. My current host will definitely take the site down once they receive enough complaints, which they have done to me before.
* Don't whinge about how offensive and "edgy" this is

Have fun!
CitadelBrian
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 08:48:34 PM »

Well, uh, I was gonna give this a chance, but my screen only goes up to 1024x768 at 75hz. It keeps saying the video is out of range, even when I set it at 640x480 in compatibility mode.

Although I won't lie, I'm turned off by the concept. Not offended, but I'm not going to be playing this. It goes against my 'no generalized hate' policy.

Lead Programmer, Citadel Studios - ProgBlog
Sigvatr
BANNED
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 08:50:03 PM »

If anyone else gets this problem, try 800x600 compatibility range Gentleman
AdamAtomic
*BARF*
Level 9

hostess w/ the mostest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 09:03:09 PM »

too edgy not edgy enough

cup full of magic charisma
___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 09:11:09 PM »

This game features Dual Colored Hair (TM).  I'm in.
Movius
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 09:49:50 PM »

There seems to be a bug with the power-up drops. A couple of times it dropped powerups that rapidly flashed between a shotgun & a health powerup. When I picked up this amazing hybrid nothing happened, most disappointing.

Other than that I quite enjoyed this. It is telling that the menacing, yet ultimately ineffective suicide bomber enemy is far less threatening than the "enemy that shoots bullets at you", who is able to both defend himself and also to threaten the player. This is a profound comment on the nature of selfless sacrifice vs rational self-preservation.

Also your introduction audio recalls Mozart on Crack's masterwork "Lose Control" (from the "Hate Priest" EP.) Was this an influence on development? I've noticed that both works explore similar themes.
Sigvatr
BANNED
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 09:59:26 PM »

There seems to be a bug with the power-up drops. A couple of times it dropped powerups that rapidly flashed between a shotgun & a health powerup. When I picked up this amazing hybrid nothing happened, most disappointing.

Having play tested the game for probably hundreds of hours so far, I've had this happen to me only once, and I can't figure out why it is doing that.

Also your introduction audio recalls Mozart on Crack's masterwork "Lose Control" (from the "Hate Priest" EP.) Was this an influence on development? I've noticed that both works explore similar themes.

Can't say I've heard that before.
Movius
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2008, 10:11:13 PM »

Mozart on crack is best known for the song Hate Priest, from the same EP, that was used as the title & credits music for John Safran vs God a few years ago.

The intro to Muslim Massacre reminded me of Lose Control because they both use the same method of cutting and pasting bits of George W. Bush's various speeches together.
Movius
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2008, 05:42:42 AM »

Remember when this was posted on the Indiegame blog? good times.
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2008, 05:55:22 AM »

CONTROVERSIAL

As a game, it's not bad - though the standard weapon seemed a bit ineffective to me (would have preferred autofire), and the narrow hit ranges on the enemies annoyed me a bit. It probably would have been more enjoyable if you had a more interesting weapon by default (like maybe a weaker version of the machine gun). These are just personal preferences, though.

monoRAIL
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2008, 06:02:05 AM »

Quote from: Movius
Remember when this was posted on the Indiegame blog? good times.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 06:20:01 AM by monoRAIL » Logged

monoRAIL
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2008, 06:18:31 AM »

Sigvatr - it's not the "Muslim race" it's the "Muslim religion".

I don't know if this is deliberate, but on my machine the screen went black while Bush was talking and nothing happened until I pressed ESC, then the main menu came up.

Please add autofire on the basic gun, and dual-analog stick support would be cool too.

I must commend you for making a controversial game, but what are you going to do if/when you get your first death threat? Do you have a plan for that?  Beer!

Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2008, 10:06:33 AM »

I had a lot of fun with this. Turrican 2 music seems to make anything better. Good work, funny satire too.

ChevyRay
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2008, 10:43:58 AM »

it's not the "Muslim race" it's the "Muslim religion".
:D I was gonna say as much.

This is great... but would be even greater if there were more people here taking this too seriously and getting all offended Grin good internet times.
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2008, 11:22:07 AM »

Out of curiosity, what was the reaction like on Indiegames when it was posted?  Did Tim take it down? Shocked
Ciardhubh
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2008, 11:27:02 AM »

I assume your country does not now the offense of "Volksverhetzung" (i.e. the use of hate speech to incite hatred and violence against segments of the population)? My country's (Germany) history showed us the need for such laws. I guess others have to learn from their own mistakes.

People glorifying violence against others based on race or religion should not be offered a platform. With a theme like this, there is no "don't take it so seriously".
Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2008, 11:30:31 AM »

Here's a hint, he's not glorifying it

Saladan0
Level 1

I am so Indie I beat Diamond Rider on Legendary.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2008, 01:20:11 PM »

Its more on the same lines of "Team America: World Police"...
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2008, 01:26:45 PM »

From what I can see, he seems to be criticizing America more than anything.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
ortucis
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2008, 01:44:13 PM »

Out of curiosity, what was the reaction like on Indiegames when it was posted?  Did Tim take it down? Shocked

Found this.

EDIT: lol, for the 'this game has a message' people..

Well, it is a fun game. Besides, the in-game enemies look and act like terrorists rather than a bunch of innocent civilians. Also, this game reminds me of "Ethnic Cleansing" (game), but it was just terrible..
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 02:01:43 PM by ortucis » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic