Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411276 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 11:14:08 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs5734L3R
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 30
Print
Author Topic: 5734L3R  (Read 148307 times)
cplhasse
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 01, 2012, 04:11:16 AM »

who needs a videogame anyway? he should just make a videoclip-length animation and I'd be content with it

I don't see anyone saying the game is awesome because the trailer was awesome, people are saying the trailer is awesome. Take your negativity somewhere else.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #261 on: December 01, 2012, 05:22:33 AM »

I was serious, you idiot

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
beetleking22
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 01, 2012, 06:48:14 AM »

I don't mean to become the thorn in the trailer here...
Because I mean, it's of the glorious visual level of fucking legendary.

But isn't this essentially just all the animations and mockups you have made so far compiled into one big trailer + more mockups and concepts?

I don't know about anyone else, but I still have no idea what this game is about.

As much as I love WingedDoom's visual work on this, I'm still wondering how flying ships, and shooting epic laser beams, while running around finding crazy interactive GUI's all works together as a main mechanic.
I didn't see any sokoban puzzles presented in the trailer so has that idea since been scrapped?

Of course, I had the same thoughts myself.  It really is irritating to see the indie games community, which I feel should value substance and gameplay over flashy graphics and style, going totally nuts over some pretty concept art and shiny pixels.

If it does end up just being "The prettiest sokoban ever" .. well, it's platforming sokoban. >_>

Sad but thats is kinda of true  Undecided
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #263 on: December 01, 2012, 02:09:30 PM »

RPS sent me here, digging the art, digging the music. Awesome job! I liked the more humanoid character better than this "chibi" one, but that's taste Smiley

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
kleiba
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 01, 2012, 05:59:02 PM »

But isn't this essentially just all the animations and mockups you have made so far compiled into one big trailer + more mockups and concepts?

I don't know about anyone else, but I still have no idea what this game is about.

See my earlier comment, this is exactly what I've been wondering too.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #265 on: December 01, 2012, 07:16:57 PM »

R I liked the more humanoid character better than this "chibi" one
yeah this
the videogame part is a bit underwhelming

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
kleiba
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 01, 2012, 08:20:34 PM »

I liked the more humanoid character better than this "chibi" one, but that's taste Smiley

I actually kinda like the chibi one. Its petiteness is a nice juxtaposition to the grand environmental graphics IMO.
08--n7.r6-79.84
Level 8

You can call me 08.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #267 on: December 02, 2012, 03:20:49 AM »

As much as I love WingedDoom's visual work on this, I'm still wondering how flying ships, and shooting epic laser beams, while running around finding crazy interactive GUI's all works together as a main mechanic.
I didn't see any sokoban puzzles presented in the trailer so has that idea since been scrapped?

Of course, I had the same thoughts myself.  It really is irritating to see the indie games community, which I feel should value substance and gameplay over flashy graphics and style, going totally nuts over some pretty concept art and shiny pixels.

If it does end up just being "The prettiest sokoban ever" .. well, it's platforming sokoban. >_>

Sad but thats is kinda of true  Undecided

Thanks to all guys who liked video. It is inspiring and gives strength to move forward.
And thanks to all guys who irritate this video because it is not clear what will be the game. You helped me with my understanding my motives and my point in all this.

The video does not feature scenes with gameplay, this is a promotional video. It passes my vision of project and my mood, it's mockup. To be perfectly honest I'm not sure about gameplay of game. Working on it now, but don't know what i get, because I'm novice.  Will it be a game in final? I do not know, I groping in dark. The only thing I can be sure that i want to create a living world. If i fail with gameplay or will not justify expectations of people who saw movie and say "wow!" I'm not too upset. My main goal extract this world from head to game world. And gameplay resources for this purpose is ideal. Stealer will be your guide in this world of retro-futurism.

I do not see anything wrong or irritating in this conception because imho that essence of indie movement - do what you like, without looking at anything.

unsilentwill
Level 9

O, the things left unsaid!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #268 on: December 02, 2012, 03:35:31 AM »

Perfect answer. You've got the tools, the skills, the ideas, and now the support and some press. Make it, we can't wait to see what you do.

Bones
Level 10

3 Months Sober

View Profile WWW
« Reply #269 on: December 02, 2012, 12:21:53 PM »

I fully support all of this.
First dibs on playtesting?  Beg

Sit down and relax,
Keeping focus on your breath,
This may take a while.

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: December 02, 2012, 09:05:40 PM »

Now on kotaku
http://kotaku.com/5965011/this-weeks-most-awesome-cyberpunk-game-trailer-sure-came-out-of-nowhere/gallery/1

Nobody care if it's a game or not because it is so AWESOME!!
It's time kickstart the shit out of it ...  Big Laff

elija
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 02, 2012, 10:53:20 PM »

Looking forward for more!
Keep it up.
beetleking22
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 03, 2012, 12:02:04 AM »

Sad but thats is kinda of true  Undecided

Thanks to all guys who liked video. It is inspiring and gives strength to move forward.
And thanks to all guys who irritate this video because it is not clear what will be the game. You helped me with my understanding my motives and my point in all this.

The video does not feature scenes with gameplay, this is a promotional video. It passes my vision of project and my mood, it's mockup. To be perfectly honest I'm not sure about gameplay of game. Working on it now, but don't know what i get, because I'm novice.  Will it be a game in final? I do not know, I groping in dark. The only thing I can be sure that i want to create a living world. If i fail with gameplay or will not justify expectations of people who saw movie and say "wow!" I'm not too upset. My main goal extract this world from head to game world. And gameplay resources for this purpose is ideal. Stealer will be your guide in this world of retro-futurism.

I do not see anything wrong or irritating in this conception because imho that essence of indie movement - do what you like, without looking at anything.

I respect this pretty much! Goodluck with dream project.. It seems that this succes even if there is no gameplay at all xD.
eobet
Level 4

8-bit childhood

View Profile WWW
« Reply #273 on: December 03, 2012, 06:57:55 AM »

Saw the video on RPS. The cut-scenes look amazing. The "gameplay" portions themselves look like Rick Dangerous. Not a bad thing, per se, but the article mentioned Flashback and I didn't get that...

ACOM
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 12, 2012, 04:47:35 PM »

YES!

I want to play this ASAP :D

My greetings ^_^
Erobotan
« Reply #275 on: December 12, 2012, 06:05:08 PM »

the video trailer looks sooooooo PROOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I wish i can have some critique for you but I'm still currently in jaw dropping mode after seeing the vid's awesomeness!!
08--n7.r6-79.84
Level 8

You can call me 08.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #276 on: December 30, 2012, 10:53:38 AM »

New level editor:

Trystin
Level 4

Nyoom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #277 on: December 30, 2012, 02:07:45 PM »

This is the sex!  Evil Hand Thumbs Up Right