Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411528 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 10:35:24 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesCLONK
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Print
Author Topic: CLONK  (Read 20332 times)
Alehkhs
TIGSource Editor
Level 0

...why not?

View Profile WWW
« on: June 25, 2008, 11:26:19 AM »

Alright, I took some (just a tiny bit) of initiative and set up a CLONK wiki on wetpaint (http://clonk.wetpaint.com/).

MisterX, if you would like admin privaleges, let me know.

If anyone has any questions or concerns, or you think you should be an admin, speak up.

Let’s set up a good English-speaking community for CLONK!

MisterX  said

Oh, another thing: Depending on how up-to-date the German clonk wiki ist, maybe it would be possible to simply inegrate the English one into it? I guess I’ll try to get in touch with the German community, especially concerning the more elaborate contents about developing for Clonk.

yea definitely; if the German wiki will give us an English branch, it would be a lot easier.
Syrion
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 11:42:59 AM »

MisterX, if you would like admin privaleges, let me know.
Not for the moment being, I first want to see what "can be done" Smiley

yea definitely; if the German wiki will give us an English branch, it would be a lot easier.
Apparently there are even few English articles already, at least I have found a little tutorial for making a scenario. I'm not sure if there's more.

I'm just having one problem: How much demand is there really for an english wiki? It seems to be kind of a dilemma to me: On the one hand it at least seems to me that there aren't many non-german fans of clonk who might be interested in such a wiki. On the other hand it might be that many who could be interested in Clonk are put off by how it isn't really easy to get into the community without speaking German. Thoughts on that?

Also it would definitely take some guys who are into developing for Clonk, as the lack of English tutorials seems to be a more major concern, at least judging from the comments on the TIGS post.

Ikiki Games Gallery - Nikujin & Co., the collected works featured in full-motion colour video!
Alehkhs
TIGSource Editor
Level 0

...why not?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 11:54:28 AM »

I'm just having one problem: How much demand is there really for an english wiki? It seems to be kind of a dilemma to me: On the one hand it at least seems to me that there aren't many non-german fans of clonk who might be interested in such a wiki. On the other hand it might be that many who could be interested in Clonk are put off by how it isn't really easy to get into the community without speaking German.

This is a concern of mine as well. However, I have seen English players on several other forums, so I know there is at least a community. I also DO feel that one of the large hindrances of English players IS the lack of English support.

That's why I feel that wiki is the best medium for this: people who are interested and experienced can post what they know, and hopefully help out people who are new and perhaps even get them to the point where THEY are able to post something new.

Let me know what develops as far as getting an English branch on the German wiki; I'd be glad to help in any way.
Don Andy
Level 10

Andreas Kämper, Dandy, Tophat Andy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 12:52:41 PM »

Well, if there's no big English community, then an English Wiki, currently needed or not will certainly help building said community.
battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 01:04:20 AM »

Just experienced 3 hours of epic clonking together with MisterX, BlademasterBobo and ElShamro.  Beer!

This is the result:

Epicness  Gentleman
Syrion
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 02:20:43 AM »

Here it is in the original resolution: http://s8.directupload.net/images/080626/fsw659ez.jpg
Those 3 hours where really very funny. It's great to see how far we've come, considering that in the beginning there were only the two mountains and a little lake in-between them. The water level rose, the Clonks dug and eventually that rock turned into a huge self-sustaining fort. Lovely Smiley

Also, one thing should be made clear: Using only the shareware you can still join any online match. This means in online play you are not restricted to limited amount of scenarios available in the shareware version, but you can play anything as long as a registered player hosts the game.

In return this means that if you want to join the fun next time: Not a problem! It is also very simple to join an ongoing match and just as easy to drop out of it again, so you're free to play when and as long as you want Smiley

Ikiki Games Gallery - Nikujin & Co., the collected works featured in full-motion colour video!
Don Andy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008, 02:21:34 AM »

Now I want to get into Clonk again.
Nikica
Level 5

Remember, it’s all in your head.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2008, 08:13:17 AM »

I would love to play with you guys too, so please tell me next time, we could make a Clonk server wich would always be online and we could play it on TIGS Game Night. It suc*s that I can't buy it, it's becuase internet shopping and the card you need is not really something wich everybody would have here in Croatia and even if I could get an PayPal card or whatever you need I could not because my parents would not get one and I live in a little town.
Alehkhs
TIGSource Editor
Level 0

...why not?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2008, 11:06:51 AM »

Indeed, I too would like to play online. Perhaps we can schedule a game?

As a note, I have decided to keep the wiki I began, and I will be updating it alone as I learn more about CLONK. If anyone would like to aid in developing this wiki, please feel free.
Don Andy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2008, 11:10:37 AM »

Indeed, I too would like to play online. Perhaps we can schedule a game?

As a note, I have decided to keep the wiki I began, and I will be updating it alone as I learn more about CLONK. If anyone would like to aid in developing this wiki, please feel free.

Maybe a lot of stuff from the German wiki (if there is one) should just be translated over to the English one.

And if you guys make a Clonk Game "Night" I'm so totally in. If I have time that is ~.~
Alehkhs
TIGSource Editor
Level 0

...why not?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2008, 12:11:03 PM »

Maybe a lot of stuff from the German wiki (if there is one) should just be translated over to the English one.

Yea, I'm flipping through it now. I will likely utilize much of the information there. At leat the game is in English... I remember once translating a game from German to English, and a mainly text-based game at that!   Angry
Don Andy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2008, 12:12:49 PM »

Heh, I tried translating 5 Days a Stranger for Yahtzee once, but that kinda failed due his total lack of cooperation (as only he can "compile" the game to see how it works.

Slightly off-topic :D
Nikica
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2008, 11:15:21 PM »

And if you guys make a Clonk Game "Night" I'm so totally in. If I have time that is ~.~

Yeah, it would be even better to have a Clonk Game "Night" instead of playing it on the TIGS GN.
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2008, 11:37:34 PM »

The only game deserving of it's own multiplayer night is Alpha Centauri. Kapeesh? Lips Sealed

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
Nikica
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2008, 11:45:33 PM »

Never heard of that game. Clonk FTW !!!  Cave Story
Don Andy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2008, 11:54:32 PM »

The only game deserving of it's own multiplayer night is Alpha Centauri. Kapeesh? Lips Sealed

I have to agree with you on that one.
Asesino
Level 0

:-|

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2008, 03:02:42 AM »

English forums on clonk.de Cool

Hmph!
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2008, 06:21:50 AM »

Here it is in the original resolution: http://s8.directupload.net/images/080626/fsw659ez.jpg
Those 3 hours where really very funny. It's great to see how far we've come, considering that in the beginning there were only the two mountains and a little lake in-between them. The water level rose, the Clonks dug and eventually that rock turned into a huge self-sustaining fort. Lovely Smiley

Also, one thing should be made clear: Using only the shareware you can still join any online match. This means in online play you are not restricted to limited amount of scenarios available in the shareware version, but you can play anything as long as a registered player hosts the game.

In return this means that if you want to join the fun next time: Not a problem! It is also very simple to join an ongoing match and just as easy to drop out of it again, so you're free to play when and as long as you want Smiley

It's that Clonk Rage?

that stuff for multiplayer sounds cool, i'll give the shareware a go and then maybe buy the game

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
Nikica
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2008, 10:09:19 AM »

Yes, that is Rage.
Corpus
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2008, 06:51:54 AM »

Anyone up for some Clonk this night?

By that I mean 4 or 5 hours from now (or earlier, if anyone's up for it).
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic