Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411469 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 06:39:08 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs-BEEP-
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 31
Print
Author Topic: -BEEP-  (Read 90572 times)
Happy Shabby Games
Level 8

msmymo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: September 16, 2011, 04:28:24 PM »

I went on your livestream and stated the obvious, but you weren't logged in...

namragog
« Reply #81 on: September 16, 2011, 04:52:23 PM »

I'll go check it out  Cool
namragog
« Reply #82 on: September 16, 2011, 04:53:36 PM »

My livestream is rolling live now! Czech it out!
fatso
Level 0

the manual override

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: September 16, 2011, 07:29:18 PM »

I love the art style. It's very...stringy  Tongue

twitter |
site | currently working on Kale in Dinoland for the iPhone
namragog
« Reply #84 on: September 16, 2011, 07:56:37 PM »

I love the art style. It's very...stringy  Tongue

thanks, but I have no idea what that means  Waaagh!
namragog
« Reply #85 on: September 17, 2011, 06:52:25 PM »

Expect lots of telephone poles.  Shocked
namragog
« Reply #86 on: September 21, 2011, 02:14:24 PM »

Couple new screenshots, plus a little thingy I whipped up. (partial credit to the Retro Avatar maker by that one person I forget about. It won't be in the final game, it's just a showpiece.)

CK
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: September 21, 2011, 04:19:21 PM »

I just realized this reminds me of Noroi.

namragog
« Reply #88 on: September 21, 2011, 04:20:26 PM »

I... what?  Crazy
:^)
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: September 21, 2011, 08:50:02 PM »

Namragog. I love you. Be creepy forever.
XRA
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: September 22, 2011, 12:43:56 AM »

Couple new screenshots, plus a little thingy I whipped up. (partial credit to the Retro Avatar maker by that one person I forget about. It won't be in the final game, it's just a showpiece.)

I like the addition of the telephone poles!  Only thing is their silhouette kind of jumbles up depth or how they appear grounded in the scene for me.  The one that stands out most is in front of the moon, I think because the actual level tiles are a lot lighter than it.

I just did a quick gradient thing overlayed on only the level tiles, the effect is best when you can see the low contrast details without bright stuff (forum background) wiping it out, like if viewing image against black background or fullscreen.
Not saying you should do this, just was curious how it would look.
I feel like maybe the sky would change a little too since now the top part of the level gets lost a bit.  In my head I imagine the detailing on the tiles as glinting in the moonlight, with a panning diagonal highlight that slowly sweeps across the screen-  Basically exactly like what you're doing on the border/frame.

*edit* also the missiles would look a bit out of place too.. hm.   

I just saw your comment about a name.. maybe something with 'Drift' in it, or a similar word. Drifting...something city. You've got dudes fishin, floating dolphins, disembodied moon-heads, faces in buildings, floating structures, hanging corpses, it's like this world has been paused or set in very slow motion, and everything is just hanging there, even the telephone poles Well, hello there!

« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 01:05:34 AM by XRA » Logged

_ej
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 22, 2011, 03:50:58 AM »

i can tell its terrible from the name
namragog
« Reply #92 on: September 22, 2011, 05:20:48 AM »

AWESOME HELP

Wow. I... the background gradient...  Cry It looks so good, but I don't know how to do that in game maker! Also, what do you mean by
I feel like maybe the sky would change a little too since now the top part of the level gets lost a bit.  In my head I imagine the detailing on the tiles as glinting in the moonlight, with a panning diagonal highlight that slowly sweeps across the screen-  Basically exactly like what you're doing on the border/frame.
?

I can't really picture that, but it sounds cool.

Thanks for all the comments, everyone! Except for
i can tell its terrible from the name

What? Why do you go into a devlog to piss on people's (my) feelings? Don't you have anything constructive to add? Plus, that isn't even the name. If you even read a single sentence of what I have written at the beginning, or even the THREAD'S TITLE, you would know that 'Operation Wonderful' is just a little code name that I thought sounded funny. It's NOT the final name.

People like you piss me off.  Lips Sealed
dek
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 22, 2011, 05:23:42 AM »

People like you piss me off.  Lips Sealed

Which is the only reason why he registered here in the first place. It's not worth reacting to trolls  Coffee

namragog
« Reply #94 on: September 22, 2011, 05:26:02 AM »

Yeah, I just read his most recent posts, and he's even more of a dick than I realized.

Hey _Ej! Can you go to hell for me? That would be nice.  Wink
Theophilus
« Reply #95 on: September 22, 2011, 07:07:46 AM »

Be nice to eva!  Mock Anger
namragog
« Reply #96 on: September 22, 2011, 10:13:58 AM »

If that is Eva, then I am terribly sorry. But if it is not, HAVE AT YOU!  Waaagh!
Qqwy
Level 1

To who might ever read this: I love you!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: September 23, 2011, 02:45:07 PM »

Big Laff WOW... ... ...

*two minutes later*...
Man, this game looks wonderful(no pun intended). Really. It freaks me out, but I like it, especially the non-standard thingys that there are in the game. (dissolving cyborg dolphins... amazing.) I haven't been able to look at the videos right now since Im on a handheld device, but the pictures are awesome. This is REALLY one of the most original projects I've seen in a long time!

So... you are still in need of a music guy Well, hello there! ? What about I try to make some freakish looping background track, and you can tell me afterwards it if you like it Coffee .

Ř̺͈̮ͬͣ͑͂͊̐a̲͈̲̩̫͍̟̕i̪̪̩̼̩̊̽ͫn̴b̗̠͈̯̲͡ͅo̥̤͓̥̩̾͐ẅ̺́͢ ̴̙̑̍̅o̰̹͙̻̭̘̅͌͐̾ͅf̖̖͖͍̽̅̉͡ ͓̱͓͔̖̣̗ͭC̽҉̗̼̳̖͇̳h̺͕͠a̵̾ͤ͆́́o̼̙͖͎͍̳̅̿ͣs͓̒̌̀  FOCUS-Bytebeat
namragog
« Reply #98 on: September 23, 2011, 02:54:40 PM »

Big Laff WOW... ... ...

*two minutes later*...
Man, this game looks wonderful(no pun intended). Really. It freaks me out, but I like it, especially the non-standard thingys that there are in the game. (dissolving cyborg dolphins... amazing.) I haven't been able to look at the videos right now since Im on a handheld device, but the pictures are awesome. This is REALLY one of the most original projects I've seen in a long time!

So... you are still in need of a music guy Well, hello there! ? What about I try to make some freakish looping background track, and you can tell me afterwards it if you like it Coffee .

Um...............................
Hmmmmm..............................
Hmmm.............
Ummm......................
Hmmmmm...........

YES!  Big Laff
namragog
« Reply #99 on: September 25, 2011, 08:34:41 AM »

I'm working! Don't worry! You can see some of the new stuff at my livestream, namragogsgamedevelopment.  Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 31
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic