Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411522 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 11:30:51 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsProject Ninja: Zombie Survival (playable prototypes!)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Project Ninja: Zombie Survival (playable prototypes!)  (Read 1908 times)
Moczan
« on: August 19, 2011, 08:10:30 AM »

Hi TIGers! I've made my first DevLog some time ago, but the game got redesigned almost completely so I create the new topic. I present you Project Ninja: Zombie Survival (working title):

The game will be one-level, exploration-fighting platformer. You are a young ninja living in the dojo hidden inside thick forest. One day, suddenly big army of undeads shows up and wipes out your entire clan. Your mission is to escape the burning dojo and survive the zombie apocalypse.

The game will contain non-linear gameplay, you could either run as fast as possible to save your life, or try to find the source of zombie horde and destroy it. The whole game will take place on one big level (like 'Robot Wants...' series), with different paths to take.

PROTOTYPE 1
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29254520/Ninja/tigdevlog/NinjaPrototype1.swf
The first prototype involves simple collision detection test map. Most of the main character's animations are implemented. You can run, jump, double-jump, wall-jump, and attack. Arrow keys and space bar.

Playable versions:
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 03:14:07 AM by Moczan » Logged
Sketcz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 09:13:02 AM »

For a moment I thought this was a remake of the original "The Last Ninja" games on the C64. It might be worth considering changing the title so as to avoid people thinking it's connected - unless you were aiming for that, of course! Smiley
Moczan
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 09:18:40 AM »

Oh, I didn't know the series, thanks for pointing it out! I will change the name to avoid confusion and will think about something more elaborate before releasing it.
Moczan
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 08:44:38 AM »

Devlog #001: The First Zombie
This weekend I've been programming some engine stuff, prepared everything to welcome the zombies. Finally, the first zombie comes to the playground. It's not finished yet, I will probably make his walk speed match animation and I still need to add collision between him and Ninja, but you can push him around with your sword if you want.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29254520/Ninja/tigdevlog/NinjaPrototype2.swf
Moczan
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 03:37:12 PM »

Hi, for anyone reading my DevLog, I'm going to spend next 4 days at countryside, without access to internet or computer, I will be doing a lot of level design for the game, so when I come back, I will probably post some sketches and ideas!
Moczan
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 04:31:37 AM »

Devlog #002: Collisions and Shurikens!
Ok, I'm back and I have added some new stuff to the engine.
  • Collision between Ninja and Zombies
  • Zombies and Ninja can die (Ninja respawns at start point, zombies resurrect after 20 seconds)
  • Added shurikens (throw with X key)
Here it is: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29254520/Ninja/tigdevlog/NinjaPrototype3.swf
Moczan
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2011, 10:47:18 AM »

Devlog #003: First Tileset

Today, I've started making first tileset for the game. Started with floor and platforms, I'm not very experienced with tileset so it will take a while.

Design-wise, I have decided to make 2 kind of tiles. Platform tile are blocky and are mainly used for platformer elements and the floor tiles are less precise (in terms of collision), but looks better (that's were most fighting will take place). I know that it breaks perspective, but I hope it will look good once I add the background graphics.
Moczan
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2011, 03:13:54 AM »

I have totally neglected the DevLog! But good news, the game is near completion, there are still some stuff to add, like the upgrade shop and combo system, but the engine is prepared for the content. I will try to update the DevLog now, because I plan to finish most stuff next week and prepare for release.

You can try the current build here http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29254520/Ninja/tigdevlog/NinjaSurvive.swf

Arrow keys - move, jump
Z - sword attack
X - throw shuriken
Moczan
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2011, 01:11:11 PM »

Quick update, I have added some cut particle effects to indicate when you hit something. What do you guys think about it?
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29254520/Ninja/tigdevlog/NinjaSurvive2.swf
Majestic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2011, 01:23:46 PM »

Very good work Moczan

Do you need a composer? I am a musician ready to immerse the player into your game with passionate, memorable music

www.soundcloud.com/majestic8390 - My game music portfolio
For custom game music tailored for your project contact me majestic8390[at]gmail[dot]com
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic