Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 12:05:28 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsMultiplayer "Gauntlet" Project - Programmer Needed.
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Multiplayer "Gauntlet" Project - Programmer Needed.  (Read 2405 times)
Slimebeast
Level 1

BARF JR.

View Profile WWW
« on: August 20, 2011, 10:35:46 AM »

Yup, another one of those "PROGRAMMAR NEEDID U GUISE" posts.

Bullet points...

- I'm an okay pixel artst. See all these (some dating back several years) and even these:  Facepalm Who, Me? Yawn

- I've been working on indie (VERY indie) online games since "DragonSpires" and even helped out with "I'm O.K." and the like.

- I own a ton of great domain names and have good hosting for projects. I'd like to do a medieval theme for this, carune.com, but I also own things like zombied.com, graverobbery.com, freshgrave.com, etc. etc. etc.

- I'm a published author (not self-published), I'm good with sounds and have been a professional voice actor, and I know a ton of people who might be willing to contribute anything BUT programming.

- The concept I'm putting forward can be molded to your skill set. Maybe there's a central server, or maybe people host their own... maybe there's a free-roaming "world", or maybe there are simply timed "rounds" where you try to rack up points... (Hence this being a collab as opposed to "Unpaid Work")

You get the idea, I won't kiss my own butt any more than that. Smiley

(An example of previous work for folks who don't want to click the above links.)
(Yes, the first one on the left is a reference to "Decap Attack".)

So what I want to create is a sort of multiplayer "Gauntlet" game. Different maps/dungeons, etc. with monsters, power-ups, etc.

Top-down, focused on hack and slash, but as the project progresses we could visit the idea of adding more.

So? What do you think?

[email protected] or PM me.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 11:02:44 AM by doompuppet » Logged

Geeze
Level 5

Totally.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 10:23:43 AM »

Hmm i'm quite interested in this. I'd imagine it a bit nethack-esque. I probably could do the programming, tho' I'm not expert on stuff like netcode I'm super fast learner (and i can search on the interwebz unlike some people Durr...?) but right now I'm kinda busy with my own project. Perhaps I could help atleast on some stuff.

Perhaps...
Perhaps.

[EDIT] About all those domain-names; Why? Huh?

selfproclaimedhacker
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 10:26:49 AM »

This seems like a really cool project Wink. I only wish this project was posted before school got back.
Slimebeast
Level 1

BARF JR.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 10:43:41 AM »

Geeze - Great, can you send or post some of your stuff my way? Or just direct me to a thread. Smiley I checked your post history, but admittedly I didn't dig through the whole lot.

I have the patience of Job, so time isn't too big an issue as long as there's an interest, and it seems like our styles would mesh, etc.

As for the domains, I "flip" them, buy expired domains to resell, etc. I keep the ones I like in the hopes that I'll eventually have a project for them. Zombied.com is my favorite - probably the only one I'd never entertain selling. Tears of Joy

Geeze
Level 5

Totally.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 10:59:04 PM »

Email sent Durr...?

Tokyoma
Level 1

wut

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2011, 11:40:27 PM »

Those are some might fine pixels there.  Beer!

I also would be interested in working on this. I have a bit of experience with networking code as well. I've worked on a few online projects. Although none were completed this was due to resource/time management problems. The networking code generally worked fine. And a game like gauntlet could be very simple for multiplayer if programmed correctly.

Geeze
Level 5

Totally.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 07:15:02 AM »

There actually is a secret forum in a secret location on the webs where we are secretly discussin about secret details on this secret project. It's coded in a veeeryyy secret language (which is Java *wink*)
Wanna join the crew? *winkwink*
(This secret but so public message is directed at Tokoyama Tokyoma!)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 08:54:32 AM by Geeze » Logged

Liosan
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2011, 07:40:55 AM »

Would love to, but I'm already working on a top-down gauntlet-like shooter game Smiley No multiplayer apart from hot-seat, though, and our team consists (very unfortunately) only of programmers. The project is in decline, still some work being done but not much.

Want to share some experiences? Smiley

Liosan

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic