Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411489 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 04:58:30 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingBêtes noires
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Bêtes noires  (Read 2020 times)
Morusque
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: June 27, 2008, 06:19:18 AM »

Hello, I would like to present one of the projects on which i worked at school this year. It's called "Bêtes noires".

It's a kind of sporeish toy where you can build creatures, watch them live, grow, make children, eat themselves, and make "music".

The latest release :
http://www.nurykabe.com/games/betesnoires271313.zip

There is no real "gameplay", since it more a toy than a game. I would mainly like to know if people can understand the basic functions without so much explanations.
I can't tell precise requirements, I just know it's running very slowly on old computers.
Sorry for not mentionning this at first.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 07:24:31 AM by Nurykabe » Logged
Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 07:13:55 AM »

What kind of gameplay do you offer? What are the system requirements? What kind of feedback are you looking for?

cyber95
Level 5

The Computer is your friend.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 07:26:42 AM »

Those screens look sweet.
I'll check it out when I get the chance.

Don Andy
Level 10

Andreas Kämper, Dandy, Tophat Andy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 07:58:57 AM »

That's some pretty cool stuff. You can make some pretty Lovecraftian creatures with that thing :D

You should make an option to import and export monsters.
Morusque
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 12:04:31 PM »

You should make an option to import and export monsters.

You can select a monster and press F3 to export it. The importation part still needs some fixes though.
Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2008, 12:08:43 AM »

Yeah it's cool this. The editor is quite restrictive in space terms - I'd rather have more space but be limited by ability than be limited by ability due to lack of space.

However it's easy to use and I had no trouble getting in there and creating some creatures.

I was upset when they died without any result though. I saw one creature appear that seemed to be a combination of two others - I'd prefer if this happened for every creature that died, so that new creatures would always replace old ones.

Higher screen resolutions would definitely be appreciated as well, and some way to scroll around with the mouse that didn't break because of the mouse pointer not being locked to the window.

Otherwise, this is a great little toy, well done. I love it.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic