Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 03:00:14 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid WorkCreate Awesome Music Game. Paid Work.
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Create Awesome Music Game. Paid Work.  (Read 1108 times)
Justin Forster
Level 0

View Profile
« on: August 26, 2011, 07:53:01 PM »

Hi everybody, my name is Justin Forster and I direct a company called Online Music Solutions. We teach instrumental music at primary schools around Melbourne, Australia.
We are currently in the process of developing a number of gaming products for our students and are looking for a reliable and experienced development team to build at least one game for us.

The game is designed ultimately to develop music reading skills and will go like this:
A large stave is permanently embedded across the screen and notes move across the stave in their correct location. The students have to correctly click on the name of the note at the bottom of the screen to gain points.
Points earned in game can be used to buy items to fill the player’s initially bare warehouse and eventually turn it into a fully blown gig venue with rockin’ effects - lasers, smoke machines, groupies, 10m high stacks of amps, etc.

The game needs to be very visually appealing for kids aged 6-13 – it should “wow” the player. I’m willing to give a lot of creative freedom in terms of visual style.

The developer would preferably be coding in ActionScript3 and they must be familiar with all aspects of the Playtomic API or else have their own reliable database solution for user accounts and metric logging.
Assets need to be able to be loaded from my server to facilitate easy content updates (read: not embedded into the binary) and the source needs to be available to me.
It will be in a multi-user environment and run online with no download required (although it would be handy to have a version to sell to the wider public that would include a download – perhaps simply a projected version that users can log in to).
It would be very beneficial for the developers to have a good understanding of music.

If a team is not available to work on this then I’ll likely be hiring an artist and programmer separately. For individuals applying for such a position: ability to work as part of a team and meet deadlines is essential.
My initial budget is $3000 (AUD) for the whole project.
Feel free to get in contact on [email protected] or just respond to the thread, preferably with contact details. Either way, we’ll take it from there.
Evan Balster
Level 10

I live in this head.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 08:40:11 PM »

A bit of advice:  Tempered with a measure of caution, give your contractors some freedom with the game's design.  (Especially if they can show you reasonably fun games they've made themselves.)  The people here are skilled not only in developing games, but in designing gameplay; they may be able to add significantly to the gameplay mechanics you outline here.

Creativity births expression.  Curiosity births exploration.
Our work is as soil to these seeds; our art is what grows from them...

Wreath, SoundSelf, Infinite Blank, Cave Story+, <plaid/audio>
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic