Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411273 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 01:48:30 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralAll Purpose Animu Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 259
Print
Author Topic: All Purpose Animu Discussion  (Read 510383 times)
zalzane
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #2200 on: December 26, 2012, 11:40:51 PM »

so what's an anime that doesnt involve 10yo girls shaking their asses in a forum users avatar

legend of the galactic heroes
feminazi
« Reply #2201 on: December 26, 2012, 11:55:07 PM »

so what's an anime that doesnt involve 10yo girls shaking their asses in a forum users avatar

Aik
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: December 27, 2012, 07:02:43 AM »

Casshern Sins is pretty holy-shit-amazing.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 07:09:48 AM by Aik » Logged
zalzane
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: December 27, 2012, 09:06:00 AM »

halo is a pretty cool guy and all but he is no animu girl
Ego_Shiner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: December 27, 2012, 10:18:48 AM »

you what

Lo
Bandages
« Reply #2205 on: December 27, 2012, 10:20:20 AM »

It's jokes. Not funny ones, maybe.

e: This is why I shouldn't be given so much idle time. I come to the anime thread and make an ass of myself.

e2: There was a stupid post that AMAZON was replying to but it's now gone :|
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 10:49:48 AM by Castle » Logged
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2206 on: December 27, 2012, 11:35:37 AM »

It's jokes. Not funny ones, maybe.

e: This is why I shouldn't be given so much idle time. I come to the anime thread and make an ass of myself.

e2: There was a stupid post that AMAZON was replying to but it's now gone :|

I wouldn't worry too much about it, it's frustrating to comprehend all the weirdness and messed up stuff out there, but before you lose faith in humanity completely, it's good to remember that this is a vocal minority of basement-dwellers and not the majority of people.

Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2207 on: December 27, 2012, 04:20:17 PM »

How can I get all of Punpun onto my Kindle in one or two simple steps without paying money
zalzane
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: December 27, 2012, 04:23:41 PM »

did they remove the ability to drag and drop media from your computer into the kindle?
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2209 on: December 27, 2012, 04:28:07 PM »

How can I get all of Punpun onto my Kindle in one or two simple steps without paying money

1. Trade Kindle for Android device
2. Get Mango and download it all

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: December 27, 2012, 04:57:31 PM »

what format are they in? if it's jpegs or something (like if you rip them off of one of those weird manga websites) you can combine them into a pdf pretty easily. if kindle doesn't take pdfs, i'm sure there are converters that will change pdfs into whatever it does take.

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
feminazi
« Reply #2211 on: December 27, 2012, 05:19:14 PM »

wats a punpun
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: December 27, 2012, 05:52:32 PM »

wats a punpun
a sentence consisting of two puns
Sharkoss
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: December 27, 2012, 07:48:57 PM »

Goodnight PunPun is cool, but it gets pretty nihilistic and depressing as it goes on.  The creator treats his characters like shit.
What kind of stuff do you like, eva?  I am pretty much an animu outsider too so I might be more useful than the lifers.
Garthy
Level 9

Quack, verily

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2214 on: December 28, 2012, 05:28:55 AM »

I do enjoy reading this thread, even if I don't get to post an awful lot.

I got a bit curious about this weird eyepatch girl that kept showing up in pictures, so a few Google searches later, I ended up with Chuunibyou.

It hooked me from the first episode with the rapid-fire comedy. Of course, it went all Cerebus and turned into a drama and love story, but that's okay, because I had started to care about the characters by that point.

The Good

Episode 1. The train door sequence. "Me?". The nurse's office and eye reveal. Konami Code. "Hah. Hah. Hah. Now do you see my power?". "It's (not) cool".

Episode 2. "Magic chamber pressure rising". Chimera. The wall walk.

Episode 3. Brooms clash.

Episode 4. This start of this episode was just end-to-end awesomeness as the show mercilessly one-two punched me out of my chair in stitches with no time to recover between gags. The ritual has to be one of my favourite anime sequences ever. Also, when the ribbon falls short and Sanae picks it up.

The episode one reveal that Rikka's reality was delusional worked well.

I liked how they handled Rikka's gradually changing feelings and how they fit in with her delusions- it didn't feel forced, and it was really sweet.

The mirrored scene with the guys and girls when each talks about their feelings to their corresponding sympathetic ear, the head-drop, and then the two completely different reactions based on their gender were very clever.

Sanae and theme music.

... and it broke my heart to see what happened to her in the later episodes.

I think it got a little dusty in my room when the full revelation of what Yuuta meant to Rikka came out, when her timidly following Yuuta around for the whole series takes on a whole new meaning. Considering this hit me right when I was busy being cynical about the cliche parents-moved-away subplot, it was well done.

Too many other things to count.

The Average

The decoy Aesop near the end got me. I watched the last few episodes with mounting frustration as the supposed moral of the story was that Rikka needed to be more normal, but to me it basically had Rikka gradually stripped of her identity and charm to become a dull-as-hell submissive "normal" girl. I realise it was probably necessary for some of the drama, but that bit seemed to drag on a bit too long. Of course, the last episode turned that on its head, and said "screw that, imagination is great", so that's all okay I guess.

The Bad

Did they really have to sexualise the characters in the short flashes near the end of the outro? I really didn't want to see Kumin fluff *those* pillows. Is there a less creepy interpretation?

Ditto the butt-shuffle in the intro. It's hard to show friends an anime and say "I like this series, sure, it's about teenaged girls, but there's nothing creepy about it" when the youngest-looking character shakes her butt at the viewer. Mind you, the intro sequence is still catchy as hell.

... and a look-up-the-skirt-of-a-young-girl gag in the first two minutes. Mind you, it's all uphill from there.

Rikka's family move house all of a sudden and she can't bring herself to tell Yuuta. I swear I could hear the photocopier running in the background as they recycled that subplot. Although the sequence at the end that took it all apart made it worth it.

Overall, I quite enjoyed it. I've rewatched it at least a couple of times now, and a couple of dozen times for episodes one and four.

All opinions IMHO. Smiley

namragog
« Reply #2215 on: December 28, 2012, 01:55:39 PM »

Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2216 on: December 28, 2012, 06:09:19 PM »

did they remove the ability to drag and drop media from your computer into the kindle?

Basically I want someone to gimme a link to a download that has everything in it.  I'm not willing to invest much effort into this.
Aik
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: December 28, 2012, 06:14:53 PM »

Pretty sure Hox is the scanlator for Punpun? Download from his site, which you can google.
Then convert the .jpgs into whatever format you need.

Guess that's two steps?
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2218 on: December 28, 2012, 06:21:49 PM »

Aaaaaaaaagh
Sharkoss
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: December 28, 2012, 10:10:31 PM »