Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411493 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 05:11:53 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesTA Spring
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: TA Spring  (Read 5806 times)
Krux
Level 2

View Profile
« on: July 01, 2008, 01:00:57 PM »

TA Spring is an RTS Engine based on Total Annihilation. But it has many improvements compared to the original engine. You can have more units with less micromanagement. But the best of all, it is Open Source, and it is absolutely mod friendly. To see how the games made for this Engine are meant to be played just watch some of the Dot Wars from youtube.

here are some:

Hope somebody will enjoy the Game as I do.

http://spring.clan-sy.com/

PS:
dont read the first comments, they are based on an old verd bad review of me.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 07:49:38 AM by Krux » Logged
Krux
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 09:34:06 AM »

sry for double posting, but why isn't here anybody says at least a word to the game? I don't like if you all ingnor my Topic completely.
Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 10:17:18 AM »

A) You are not giving us any reason whatsoever to try the game
B) The screenshot doesn't tell much about the game.
C) The thread looks like spam even tho it's not because of the lack of details on the game itself. If you are working on the game, post it in the feedback section instead of in this one.

Why don't you put some meat around your opinion bone? Tell us why it's worth it to click the link or even download the game. Always remember that, if people are not responding to a thread, it's because the author is not posting in an interesting way.

Krux
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2008, 01:31:18 PM »

I am not working on this Projekt, but i like the Game very much, because it is a great Remanke of Total Annihilation which I habe played very much. I have also posted this Game in the TIGdb submission Thread, but as soon as i posted there the thread was closed (It is the last post there).

OK then i improve this Thred a little bit, that it looks a bit cooler.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 01:36:23 PM »

I was a big fan of TA, but I'm not sure I'll have enough time to dedicate to this one. Tired

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Krux
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2008, 01:57:33 PM »

The interface has improved much since Total Annihilation, Many things are a lot easier. It is even extendable.
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2008, 02:18:23 PM »

PARSING ERROR
LANGUAGE NOT DETECTED
PLEASE TRY AGAIN
ERROR CODE 54622

(i am having a hard time reading your text)

Krux
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2008, 03:45:22 PM »

Is my English really that bad? Ok I'll do my best (I am not a native speaker).

Edit: I'm sorry  Embarrassed normally i'm not doing so many mistakes, but now i correted many of them. It should be easier to understand now.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 03:54:58 PM by Krux » Logged
increpare
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2008, 04:00:51 PM »

Is my English really that bad?
I can read it okay (though kann ich ein Bisschen Deutsch sprechen).  There are some funny mistakes though. 

Ach!  Es gibt keinen Spring fuer OSX  Sad  (plenty of instructions for compiling for linux: I might try some of them eventually, but I don't have time right now (I did love T:A!))
JimmyBignuts
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2008, 12:00:00 PM »

It's a fantastic project, though there seems to be little progress on it lately. The original TA is pretty much the best game ever and Spring improves on it so yeah, great. Only problems is that the builds I've played have been really unstable and the AIs are rather patchy sometimes.
Krux
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2008, 03:12:15 PM »

The AI isn't improved very much, often, there is an error and it doesn't do anything. But if you play on a map without water with a mod that is supported by the AI and don't rush the AI, it will be very very hard to beat it. But nobody says, that you have to play it Against the AI, use the Spring Lobby and play it online it's much better.
I can remember times, when there was an update to this game every view days, but as soon as Surpreme commander was released, ...  Cry ... . But this game is open source, it is Indy, and it is cool and nostalgic, three reasons to play this game.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 03:30:06 PM by Krux » Logged
BigFoot
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2008, 08:31:25 PM »

This game is pretty good. Definitely some pros and cons when compared to the original TA.

My biggest gripe with the game is that almost anyone you play online is very good, and usually has at least 100 hours of gaming experience on it. It's very intimidating to newer players such as myself, but if you grow more adjusted to the playing level of the others, you will probably enjoy this game much more.

Ace and Jocelyn from space and Jocelyn. Astronaut accountants and they're coming to your face. If you love that shit say na na na na na na na.
Krux
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2008, 02:39:47 AM »

hope you all enjoy the new Version released today.  Gentleman
muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2008, 05:13:23 AM »

Ah, there's a new version of Spring?

I like this game and played it quite extensively a while back (even though I never played TA). It's definitely one of the best real-time strategy games out there, very deep. It's true that the learning curve is quite steep and the community consists of many hardcore players, but it's a lot of fun once you get the hang of it. Just takes some time commitment (which I unfortunately can't afford right now).

Fun fact: back when I was still playing it, I was also slightly involved in the development and contributed some patches to the source code.
Ciardhubh
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2008, 04:22:20 AM »

I recently tried to play Spring and my experience was that it is extremely new-player-unfriendly. Everything screamed: YOU'RE NEW! DON'T EVEN BOTHER!

After looking at the homepage and trying to start it, I still didn't know what Spring actually is. Something with RTS, probably multiplayer and there are Mods or something along those lines.

After getting stuck in some sort of mod-list simulation AI-demo mode I found the multiplayer lobby which is intimidating. I didn't see any tutorial or introduction so I kind of gave up. Sure I could get through all of that and at some point actually play, but is it worth my time? What IS Spring?

The positive thing I noticed was that there seemed to be a lot of players, should I ever actually find out how to play :D
Krux
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2008, 08:01:37 AM »

i think there really is no Tutorial. OK here is my short tutorial for the game:
build generators to produce energy (start with wind or solar)
build metal extractors (good positions will be marked green, red are the bad ones)
build a Factory for units
build units
destroy the enemy  :D
how? with clicking on the screen.  Wink

the rest is not important at the beginning
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic