Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 10:43:39 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessHow to get more people to see my game trailer?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: How to get more people to see my game trailer?  (Read 2039 times)
AzraelKans
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: September 12, 2011, 02:53:04 PM »

Shrug How can I get more hits for my game teaser trailer? I already posted it in reddit, facebook, twitter sent it to all my friends.

I really would like as much people as possible to see this. What do you guys suggest?

I also set it as the main video in our channel

http://www.youtube.com/xibalbastudios

p.s. Modified the title Im not interested in hit scripts or machines, I want actual people who can play the game.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 04:06:20 PM by AzraelKans » Logged

Programmer/Community guy for Xibalba Studios www.xibalbastudios.com creators of www.militantgame.com, www.icebreakers-game.com and www.icebreakersmini.com
bateleur
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 11:51:35 PM »

Out of interest, what is this trailer supposed to achieve?

I just watched it, but normally wouldn't bother watching a teaser trailer for a game I've never heard of from a company I'd never heard of. Teaser trailers are really for games people are already anticipating - typically sequels to successful games or occasionally the next project of some studio that just had a huge hit.

What I want to see about a game I haven't heard of is:

1) Real gameplay footage, as unedited as possible.
2) Information about the game and what makes it interesting.

Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 01:44:52 AM »

While I agree with bateleur that gameplay footage or a bit more info would be nice, I also think it's a really well made teaser. Basically, I thought it was cool and it did give me some sense of what the game will be about (ant warfare, I assume). Of course, I have no idea if it'll be an RTS or a casual game -- or what platform it'll be for, which is probably the most important, since I'd like to know if it's actually something I'll even be able to play when released.

Laserbrain Studios
Currently working on Hidden Asset (TIGSource DevLog)
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 01:48:36 AM »

he didn't ask whether it was a good teaser trailer or not though, he asked how to get more people to see it

one thing i can suggest is to submit it to gametrailers (they do accept indie game trailers)

Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 02:00:40 AM »

True, but I imagine the quality of a trailer affects how many people you can get to see it. For instance, you're more likely to get big gaming news sites to feature your trailer if it's actually good (and contains info about what platforms the game will be released on), and you'll also get a better viral/word-of-mouth effect for a good trailer. (I actually think it's a pretty good trailer/teaser, though, just saying...)

Laserbrain Studios
Currently working on Hidden Asset (TIGSource DevLog)
Klaim
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 04:14:54 AM »

I'm not experienced in game trailers but here are some tips gathered on stackexchange : http://gamedev.stackexchange.com/questions/3893/tips-for-creating-great-game-trailers

AzraelKans
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2011, 02:23:42 PM »

wow, thanks for all the feedback I really apreciate it. Apparently the real issue is a youtube problem.  Lips Sealed the counter is stuck for several days in the same number, but Im pretty sure more people have seen the video. I have sent the video to some old friends and they even commented on it. The view counter stays the same.

Oh well at least people are seeing the game which was the entire point, I literally have no idea how many though.

Sorry about not revealing the platform, that was a huge mistake, is for PC, iOS and Android, we will reveal a lot more info including gameplay next month when we make the official announcement. (a hint though is not an FPS  Wink) I think we will use gametrailers or vimeo instead (or besides) though.

Programmer/Community guy for Xibalba Studios www.xibalbastudios.com creators of www.militantgame.com, www.icebreakers-game.com and www.icebreakersmini.com
Geoffs
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2011, 09:30:21 PM »

Interesting teaser, I dig the art in it. Any chance you could add me to your PR distribution list? geoffs [at] twofedoras [dot] com

Geoff Schultz
TwoFedoras.com - Mainstream & Indie Game News, Reviews, & Culture.
Destral
Level 10

Climbing that mountain...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2011, 06:50:01 AM »

If it's for PC, you might send the link to rockpapershotgun.com, they might do a story on it, which will likely get you many, many views.

Currently working on: Sword Surfer
AzraelKans
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2011, 07:06:17 AM »

Thanks for the great suggestions, two fedoras and rock paper shotgun seem like very good places for promoting the game trailer.

Now For those who wanted to see gameplay here is our latest gameplay Teaser Trailer:

MattG
Level 5

Pictures Of Trains

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2011, 07:16:44 AM »

looks cool. gameplay reminds me of alice from american mcgee
bgogol
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2011, 02:28:28 PM »

Thanks for the great suggestions, two fedoras and rock paper shotgun seem like very good places for promoting the game trailer.

Now For those who wanted to see gameplay here is our latest gameplay Teaser Trailer:

That looks pretty cool! I like the style in the textures and some of your effects look pretty good so far.

I couldn't help but notice the big pasty note on the bottom that said "pre-alpha". Isn't pre-alpha like, planning stages? I thought alpha was "software testing"...

Yshaana
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2011, 02:08:41 AM »

That looks pretty cool! I like the style in the textures and some of your effects look pretty good so far.

I couldn't help but notice the big pasty note on the bottom that said "pre-alpha". Isn't pre-alpha like, planning stages? I thought alpha was "software testing"...

Usually, Alpha is "Feature Complete" and Beta is "Content Complete", so pre-Alpha would be the stage between a prototype with placeholders art and design and a full alpha with all the features in the game.

bgogol
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2011, 07:45:46 AM »

Usually, Alpha is "Feature Complete" and Beta is "Content Complete", so pre-Alpha would be the stage between a prototype with placeholders art and design and a full alpha with all the features in the game.

Ah, thanks for that explanation.

I like your logo, btw.
JoeManaco
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2011, 04:08:57 PM »

You can also try to post it to other video portals like veoh, vimeo.. I've uploaded my trailer on a lot of portals, here are some numbers for you:

sevenload.com - 207 views
dailymotion.com - 21 views

- 424 views (this one is embed in my website)
megavideo.com - 94 views
veoh.com - 19 views

Not many views, but if you add them up, better than nothing.

Is it hard to get on sites like rockpapershotgun.com or gametrailers.com ?

BTW: Your game looks awesome!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic