Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411803 Posts in 69416 Topics- by 58462 Members - Latest Member: Moko1910

May 28, 2024, 07:30:49 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudiohi i made this album
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: hi i made this album  (Read 1133 times)
tipp
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: September 17, 2011, 10:59:50 AM »

tell your friends and throw a party!

here it is

Brother Android
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 04:41:48 PM »

The tracks are pretty good (i mean, i listened to them all) and have nice atmosphere (i like the first two best), but i'm not sure that tags like "glo-fi" and "chillwave" are very accurate and thus will (insofar as anyone even knows what those things are). Also, this is just a bias of mine coming out but less schizophrenic/more thematically unified song titles and album art might complement the pretty cohesive atmosphere of the music itself.

just my opinions of course. The songs are good and that's the most important part. My only criticism compositionally is that a couple of the tracks, most notably "Falling Off the Mountainside", strike me as being too meandering/having too much vamping. The drums at the end of that song are cool though. The production isn't universally pleasing to me (feels a bit sloppy at times) but that's pretty subjective. More elaborate, less sloppy and less sonically limited rhythm tracks might give some tracks a bit more weight ("shining stars in space" for example).

A point of curiosity - did you use a real C64/NES/Gameboy for this, or just samples/emulators? it seemed like the latter to me (not that there's anything wrong with that) but it'd be pretty cool if i were wrong.

Anyway, i don't mean to sound overly critical. i don't write critiques of things i don't like (or i try not to).
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 04:48:28 PM by Brother Android » Logged

Happy Shabby Games
Level 8

msmymo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 06:07:10 PM »

I posted the link on my facebook and told everyone to check it out. Good stuff man!

tipp
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 07:53:09 PM »

thank you for commenting and spreading it was nice of you.

jabberwocky:
falling off the mountainside was the only song that i had no idea what i was doing, kind of just experimentation. i agree it sounds a lot more "non sequiter".
as for the sample stuff, the gameboy was actually legitimate (through lsdj), whereas the nes and c64 are indeed sampled. thank you for the long critique, it is good advice for what i should do next time when making an album.

pgil
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 09:11:38 PM »

Lakeside Crickets is really pretty. The whole album has this digital/analog lofi aesthetic.

I don't mind the schizophrenic song names, because that's how I name my stuff.

My only real criticism is the sound effects from NES games are distracting, and don't contribute anything.

Edit: Also, I Lost Your Mind is cool. There's a sound in it that's not quite a Theremin, and not quite a human voice.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 09:19:46 PM by pgil » Logged
rogerlevy
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2011, 04:57:21 PM »

it's good I like it
Theon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2011, 04:04:09 AM »

Not exactly party music, but hot dayum, it feels good. No wait, they make me feel sad and stuff, but... ARGH, so confusing! Crazy
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic