Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411905 Posts in 69428 Topics- by 58476 Members - Latest Member: animtim

June 09, 2024, 11:32:50 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioMedusa OST Vol.I
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Medusa OST Vol.I  (Read 1171 times)
LuisAnton
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: September 20, 2011, 05:26:06 AM »

We have been considering crowdfunding these days. But after a while we thought we could as well try getting money in exchange for our work (that is, for the one we have already completed), so we opened a store at Bandcamp:

I'm not the musician but the programmer, so I'm free to say that this guy is an incredibly talented composer. I mean, my colleague, not the small guy in the picture. We have been working together for two years, creating two games for iPhone/iPod (Sound Juggler & Oddy Smog's Misadventure), and a third one that we hope to release soon. You may or may not like our games, but I'm sure you will like their music!

We would love to hear your comments!

keoni29
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 05:47:30 AM »

*Listened to the main theme* Super. Mario. Galaxy.
LuisAnton
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 07:10:25 AM »

Well, let's take that as "It sounds as a fantastic journey across the galaxy", which the game that inspires it is, instead of "What a blatant ripoff!"  SMB Mario

However, Koji Kondo is certainly one of Israel's most admired composers, so if that theme reminds you of Super Mario Galaxy, that's not bad at all!

Majestic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 11:58:08 AM »

Sounds good, first track sounds like disney lol

I like it, those are unique compositions, was the game 2d or 3d woodwolf?

www.soundcloud.com/majestic8390 - My game music portfolio
For custom game music tailored for your project contact me majestic8390[at]gmail[dot]com
LuisAnton
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 01:36:32 PM »

Thank you Majestic! Obviously, as it happens with movies, all our music makes more sense in-game! But I'm happy you liked it.

In relation to games, Sound Juggler was our first game for iPhone, purely in 2D. You can play it here (though it's not a facebook game) http://apps.facebook.com/soundjuggler/. It was pretty simple, just to make contact with Unity3D (we have used it for all our titles and contract jobs) and all the iPhone development tool chain. Oddy Smog's Misadventure was a better game, I guess, also 2D and also for iPhone. At least it got some nice reviews! We have both trailers in our web site http://playmedusa.com/games_en.html, if you want to have a look.

The third one, Rain, Sand, Stars,  is also played in 2D, but everything is 3D. There's no trailer yet, but you may find some screens in our Tumblr page  http://playmedusa.tumblr.com/ It's almost finished! And we would like to release it for PC/Mac and iDevices. It's funny, because it was originally created during a TIGSource compo (the one with the random name generator).

Theon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2011, 10:24:54 AM »

I find so much delicious music whenever I take a sweep here!!
I could listen to this for days on end!
JudahRoydes
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2011, 10:45:04 AM »

I really enjoyed the music. Very creative instrumentation.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic