Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 06:15:17 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Anyone up for a little 3D modeling competition?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Anyone up for a little 3D modeling competition?  (Read 3422 times)
Paul-Jan
Level 0

Always be creating.

View Profile WWW
« on: July 04, 2008, 12:47:40 PM »

Ok, so over at delgine.com we were having a bit of a quiet period, see? With Jeroen and me slaving happily working on a new version of DeleD and all... so we figured we would have a little competition to spice things up, where people get to win some cash by modeling something funky. Like $500 for first place, and some spare cash for second and third as well.

So I was thinking, TIGSource is full of awesome creative types. With no money. Or with a lot of money but a healthy competitive spirit. Or with absolutely nothing better to do this summer. Although playing awesome games might arguably be a better way to spend it. So.... anyway, why not head over to http://www.delgine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3255 and join up? Beer!

I personally think our theme (build-your-own-scene from a list of predefined options) is pretty clever... but that might just be me.

Anyway, thanks for your attention, and thanks even more for not immediately bashing my brains out with the banhammer for spamming our contest... chapeaux!

Gentleman
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 01:05:23 PM »

Someone make a go-kart floating in outer space, that contains a zombie holding an umbrella, to protect himself from asteroid rain.

Paul-Jan
Level 0

Always be creating.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008, 01:22:54 PM »

I would so vote for that entry. :D Actually, I'll personally vote a bonus star for anyone who gets a bit creative with whatever theme/props they choose to work with. 3D modeling compos in general could do with a bit more fun...

Thanks Guert, for moving the post here.
Border
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2008, 05:40:06 PM »

ah. why not. i might give it a try.

Available for Freelance
Paul-Jan
Level 0

Always be creating.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 04:19:01 AM »

That, kind sir, is great news. Can hardly wait to see your entry!  Smiley

Sublimal message: "six shooter sheep on Route 66" would make an awesome theme!  Wink
Paul-Jan
Level 0

Always be creating.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2008, 05:30:51 AM »

As there are only 2.5 weeks left until the competition deadline, I figured this might be an appropriate time to share some images from the (non-obligatory) work in progress forum threads some of the entrants started. Hope these amuse and inspire... it's never too late to join up and win $500, people! Beer!

Please note how the Zombie doing the "Love" hand sign, the Tropical Nerd Beach AND the Toon Gold Mine Inside Volcano scenes all perfectly match the prescribed theme of the contest.  :D
ChevyRay
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 11:30:06 PM »

That mini floating island is wicked.
Paul-Jan
Level 0

Always be creating.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 09:58:45 AM »

Yeah, that's Elementrix taking his own spin on the "medieval town" theme, can't wait to see how he fills in the details (oh, same for the others of course). His avatar used to be a floating island as well, looks like someone found his "leitmotif". :D
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 07:39:48 AM by Paul-Jan » Logged
Paul-Jan
Level 0

Always be creating.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2008, 12:37:23 AM »

Because I know how you guys are all suckers for screenshots, here are the final 13 entries for our competition. Some entrants didn't make the deadline, and of those that did make the deadline most would have like to little bit more time to work on their scenes (but that's deadlines for ya), but all in all I think these guys did an awesome job!

Beer!

If you would like to show your appreciation for the many hours these people put into their entries, or just like to click on some shiny stars, feel free to visit the competition gallery and vote. Voting ends this weekend, and then we hand out the prize money. So if you'll excuse me, I'm off to sell some furniture (selling tools to indie developers somehow doesn't quite make you as filthy rich as one would expect it to Wink).
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic