Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 05:47:18 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)Mono Linux /usr/local/lib Problems
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Mono Linux /usr/local/lib Problems  (Read 3154 times)
Krux
Level 2

View Profile
« on: July 04, 2008, 02:57:31 PM »

my Mono VM doesn't find any files located in the /usr/local/lib trunc. I think that mono is configured wrongly, but i found no conf file, where i could change the path to the libraries. Can you please help me.
ravuya
Level 7

Yip yip yip yip yip

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 08:09:06 AM »

Is /usr/local/lib in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH?

Krux
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 05:20:03 PM »

the environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH is not set. "env" doesn't give me something like that. But mono programs are the only programs making problems.
postlogic
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 12:40:47 AM »

Try doing
Code:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib

before starting your program from the same terminal.. See if that does it.

No animals were harmed during the making of this post. Except one.
Krux
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 04:20:04 PM »

Code:
** (/home/arne/OpenGL_intro/OpenGL_intro/bin/Debug/OpenGL_intro.exe:13189): WARNING **: The following assembly referenced from /home/arne/OpenGL_intro/OpenGL_intro/bin/Debug/OpenGL_intro.exe could not be loaded:
     Assembly:   Tao.OpenGl    (assemblyref_index=2)
     Version:    2.1.0.12
     Public Key: 1ca010269a4501ef
The assembly was not found in the Global Assembly Cache, a path listed in the MONO_PATH environment variable, or in the location of the executing assembly (/home/arne/OpenGL_intro/OpenGL_intro/bin/Debug).

** (/home/arne/OpenGL_intro/OpenGL_intro/bin/Debug/OpenGL_intro.exe:13189): WARNING **: Could not load file or assembly 'Tao.OpenGl, Version=2.1.0.12, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=1ca010269a4501ef' or one of its dependencies.

** (/home/arne/OpenGL_intro/OpenGL_intro/bin/Debug/OpenGL_intro.exe:13189): WARNING **: Missing method glClear in assembly /home/arne/OpenGL_intro/OpenGL_intro/bin/Debug/OpenGL_intro.exe, type Tao.OpenGl.Gl

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Tao.OpenGl, Version=2.1.0.12, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=1ca010269a4501ef' or one of its dependencies.
File name: 'Tao.OpenGl, Version=2.1.0.12, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=1ca010269a4501ef'

thats the message, and Tao.OpenGL.dll is located in /usr/local/lib/mono/gac/Tao.OpenGl/2.1.0.12__1ca010269a4501ef/Tao.OpenGl.dll. As soon as I have the file in /usr/lib/mono/gac/Tao.OpenGl/2.1.0.12__1ca010269a4501ef/Tao.OpenGl.dll everything works fine.
dmoonfire
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 05:28:27 AM »

Mono doesn't check /usr/local/lib/mono/gac by default. Well, depends on install. If I recall from the various things before, it really only checks one place, so you can't really have it look at /usr/lib/mono/gac AND /usr/local/lib/mono/gac. At least, from what I remember. You can set MONO_PATH to check in multiple places however.

http://www.mono-project.com/Assemblies_and_the_GAC

Another approach is to copy the appropriate DLL's and .config files (since Tao needs it) into your working directory (i.e. /home/arne/OpenGL_intro/OpenGL_intro/bin/Debug) and that would also work (I use that for my Mono games).
Krux
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2008, 07:37:55 AM »

Thank you, that is exacty what i wanted to get
export MONO_GAC_PREFIX=/usr/local
is the solution  Beer! i need a party smily whith colored hair and a red nose.  Gentleman

Edit: But how do i call this to my Projects in MonoDevelop?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 07:53:29 AM by Krux » Logged
ravuya
Level 7

Yip yip yip yip yip

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2008, 05:32:32 AM »

Can you add the Tao assemblies as references and tell MonoDevelop to copy them into the build directory? That's what I do with VS.

dmoonfire
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2008, 06:23:25 AM »

In MonoDevelop, you want to point to an exact copy of the DLL you want to use. Mono doesn't use the GAC for lookup during compile for various reasons they've documented on their site. So, you add an assembly manually (navigate to the one you want and add it). There should be a copy function (or local copy), I don't know.

While I use Mono, I don't use MD. I'm an Emacs person with a fondness for Makefiles. Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic