Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411525 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 06:32:34 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallTales of the Renegade Sector. Season 1 [Episodic Action-Adventure] [Flash]
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Tales of the Renegade Sector. Season 1 [Episodic Action-Adventure] [Flash]  (Read 4519 times)
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2011, 03:05:00 PM »

Thanks for playing.

I've just posted updated versions of the first four episodes.  They are mostly cosmetic changes, with improved title screens and some touched-up tilesets.  I also added arrow-key shooting to episodes that were missing it (I still need to add it to the most recent story arc...).

I also changed the enemy placement in the first episode to make it easier and smooth out the difficulty curve.  There is also now a checkpoint outside the tavern.

increpare
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2011, 05:11:01 PM »

So, this time round I realized after the first room I didn't need to engage anyone, so deftly ran right past them rather than trying to kill them.

got a bit of log-fatigue in the second world.  oh wait, it was all log.  oh well.

snow world

woo fugue (does get a bit boring towards the end though )

no monster battling done in 4, evasion sufficed

deep forest

pretty overlay!

nice music!

glowing forest

being evasive got me through

parasitttess

okay, looking for golden one.  wandering about.  found large cliff-face with locked door.  guessing there's a key somewhere, but already wandered around a lot and my energy is gone.

I find the whole series really intriguing so far, though maybe I'm not getting as immersed in it as I should be (combination of the difficulty of playing properly/engaging enemies, the ease of avoiding them, and perhaps the slight difficulty in communicating as much as you do through text alone).
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2011, 05:51:33 PM »

Thanks for the feedback!  I think what I'm going to have to do is lower the player speed, so you can't just run past every challenge (apart from the monster in ep. 4, which you're supposed to avoid).  Glad to hear you enjoyed.  I'm working on a lot of improvements to the base game code for the next season, so all the feedback helps. 

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2011, 12:59:42 PM »

- Arrow key shooting added to episodes 5-9
- Player speed lowered in all episodes.
- Cooler lighting in the town in episode 5

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic