Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411276 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 11:42:58 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioHey! Just Dropping In - Introducing Myself and Some Music
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Hey! Just Dropping In - Introducing Myself and Some Music  (Read 814 times)
Aamp
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: September 30, 2011, 11:19:51 PM »

Hi!  Found these forums searching an interest in indie games.  I'll admittedly say that I am not very knowledgeable when it comes to video game discussion and my experience with gaming/topics is fairly retro, growing up with the Snes mainly, and still having a fondness for the older generation consoles; introducing myself here in audio because of my liking of game music, starting with a keen attention to it at a very young age and composing based around this influence as soon as I was able to figure out computers starting 10 years ago now in 2001!

-------------

Here are a couple of examples; maybe not the finest of what I imagine I am capable of but definitely a few that demonstrate a growing in abilities to produce better sounding material:

Orchestral Demos - Light and Epic

Aurantium - Ambient Electronic Orchestral

Incept Date - Tron Legacy inspired test track

and some more + different styles if you dig or if you're on SC yourself and wanna drop by:  http://soundcloud.com/trevorsparham  some even 5 years or older plus WIPs etc.

-------------

I have been a member of the Game Audio Network Guild now for a year, been posting music on sites periodically and been through a Game Maker 7 phase Tongue.  I do have a couple incomplete games of my own (one has a full hour of gameplay playing at rush speed - big project) but I have leaned more toward making music and bettering my studio, though the enthusiasm to even work on making games is still there!  I am kind of in the clouds as to what's involved with commercial game making projects - If I could help other people in some ways, and grow/gain knowledge through the experience, then that'd be great!  I love seeing music get put to (and enhanced through) video and really do need to work with others if I am going to realize this potential more so please do feel free to give me a shout, for any reasons really! Smiley

I run with a don't expect a whole bunch and never be disappointed attitude, but do look forward to learning about projects, following others' creations, and hopefully making new connections! Smiley  Thank you for your time!

-Trevs

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic