Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411274 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 03:54:19 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsthe dick that wouldn't die
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: the dick that wouldn't die  (Read 2367 times)
brothers74
Level 0

View Profile
« on: October 01, 2011, 03:06:34 PM »

hello i am making a game called the dick that wouldnt die

in this game you have tokill them all. the dicks detached and become a monster in and of itself, control the flying membar as you destroy the whole world.

i am using game maker to make this game
it is a randomly genarated "kill all enemies" rush arena shooter. you are flying dick that will refuse to die after being separated.
soon i will finish the game. and i will put up a demo in a little bit.

NOTE: this game is joking in subject matter.please dont get offended by pictures of penis because its really not serius
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 04:18:00 PM by brothers74 » Logged

we rescued breakfeast

the dick that wouldnt die finised
:^)
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 03:15:20 PM »

best thread.

(I'm on to you)
brothers74
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 03:22:12 PM »

best thread.

(I'm on to you)

i have no idea what youre talking about. but thank you!

added in healthbar. soon t ocome: more enemies

we rescued breakfeast

brothers74
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2011, 04:17:20 PM »

actually this game sucks and is stupid to work oun and play. boring. im done.

dl here

arrowkeys move mouse shoots
dodge bullets + everything else
fire laser at everything for points
beware of loud intro

edit: just notied i spelled the exe's name wrong. daamn
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 04:24:07 PM by brothers74 » Logged

we rescued breakfeast

DavidCaruso
YEEEAAAHHHHHH
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2011, 06:02:22 PM »

Great shooting game with a very compelling scoring system. I tried to 1CC it but then I died. It is hard, like the dick I am playing as. My persona has been grafted onto a phallic image on my LCD screen, a Freudian apotheosis of my subconscious into the mists of simulation. The rainbow laser was a very comforting thing to view, and I am glad you support gay rights. There does not seem to be a backstory explaining why the green men are throwing candy bars at the floating laser dick (me), so I hope your next game will give us an intro explaining this. The healthbar is also a form of phallic imagery, and represents your rejection of shooting conventions, which you have substituted with the shooting of a penile entity.

EDIT: Here is what my friend, a master literary critic, had to say about this work of art:

[10:02:59 PM] Zero Kirby: It is a modern classic of our time
[10:03:43 PM] Zero Kirby: It signifies how we must remain hard and firm even in the face of opposition

Steel Assault devlog - NES-style 2D action platformer: successfully Kickstarted!
Jalopes
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2011, 06:08:31 PM »

I love the retro art style. It's like I'm really playing a classic 8-bit 2D Commodore 64 game!
Mikademus
Level 10

The Magical Owl

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 03:42:08 AM »

I'm sorry I can't chime in with the golden accolades showered liberally on you. Though your game is polished and a fine specimen of modern games, drawing on close to forty years of game evolution, there are aspects of it that left me unsatisfied. I will now expound a bit more on this:

1. The graphics is perhaps a bit TOO stylised, which to the discriminating and connoisseur player lends a it the veneer rather than true depths of aesthetics.

2. The gameplay and mechanics work well in themselves, and the controls are smooth. But therein lies the actual problem: the controls are in fact oversmooth. The player always wants to feel in control of the game so it feels like he is inserting and injecting himself in the receptacle. However, the controls here are too helpful and it feels the game can come to its end almost by itself, leaving one with the feeling of having been an automaton for the game's own enjoyment rather than having been called upon to show and develop skill and so enjoy the game oneself.

3. The game, though well executed, doesn't truly bring anything new to the table. We have seen this before, in various guises and forms. So after the initial exhilaration has gone and the warm comfort of familiarity has faded, there simply isn't enough depth or innovation to keep one strapped to the game.

I feel this game is a bit too commercial for my taste, and though your many fans will certainly pellet me with vitriolic offal over this heinous of heresies I hope that you will be able to take this criticism to help you in your next project!

Yours faithfully,
MouthShitFecisPhilosopher,
EAItsInTheGameReviews

\\\"There\\\'s a tendency among the press to attribute the creation of a game to a single person,\\\" says Warren Spector, creator of Thief and Deus Ex. --IGN<br />My compilation of game engines for indies
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2011, 08:37:28 AM »

I highly recommend you participate in the next Klik of the Month on GloriousTrainwrecks.com. This would perfectly fit with the calibur of games that are posted there each month.
jwwest
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2011, 08:55:03 AM »

The controls were a bit wooden. I came away with a bad taste in my mouth.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic