Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411517 Posts in 69380 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 11:31:44 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitions[oFFicial] Fall Folklore TIGER Assault - Oct. 3rd thru 31st
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: [oFFicial] Fall Folklore TIGER Assault - Oct. 3rd thru 31st  (Read 14644 times)
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2011, 06:35:40 PM »

I'm going to make a decision pretty soon of either extending it until the 31st, or maybe ending it early and saving the theme for when there's a bit more interest in a compo.

Extend it if you must, but don't end it! Some people are already working on a game, you know...

SP9000
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2011, 12:12:26 PM »

I second SundownKid.  Please don't end it.  I haven't gathered my ideas enough to open a thread yet, buuuuut I'm hard at work. Smiley
unsilentwill
Level 9

O, the things left unsaid!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2011, 12:24:01 PM »

This competition is now thoroughly unofficial and is focused on the fall theme of decay, figures in the fog and stories around the campfireFall Folklore.

This is only because a folklore competition should be official someday, and I don't want to blow such an amazing theme with my poor management attempts.

The competition now ends at the end of the 30th day of October, just at the witching hour on  All-Hallows-Even.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 01:13:28 PM by unsilentwill » Logged

SP9000
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2011, 12:27:57 PM »

Well, shoot.
unsilentwill
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2011, 12:33:32 PM »

It's unofficial! It'll fit. The theme is just suggestion.

SP9000
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2011, 12:55:27 PM »

I understand you're very passionate about this particular theme, but In my opinion there are so many awesome ideas for compos that it's not a big deal if the number of submissions isn't especially high.
Nonetheless, I respect your decision.  I shall continue on my figureless, fogless, campfireless, and decayless route as before. Smiley
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2011, 01:27:00 PM »

It's a cool theme, sure, but I'd rather give different, and also really awesome theme ideas a chance then repeat this one twice. Not to mention that this is the best time for such a theme. Anyway, I think that by virtue of it originally being official, it's unlikely that it would be repeated again.

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2011, 01:29:10 PM »

I don't think we'll have a compo with as many entries as we had in the past anyway.
Nowadays everyody is working on somthing or another

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
unsilentwill
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2011, 01:40:07 PM »

Agreed, all the tigvets are doing amazing things out there. There's a ton of new people who are just posting what they did today who need to join up and make a great game!  Outraged

J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2011, 08:49:24 PM »

Most of the compos in the past always had a lot of new people/lurkers making games.

hi
Theophilus
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2011, 02:55:40 PM »

If anyone wants to make a quick game for this, here's a good place for inspiration: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Urban_legends
Laremere
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2011, 08:45:22 PM »

Wait, I just randomly check into tigsource to find that the theme I suggested is running as a compo...and I only have 10 days to make a game?  Hm, I should get working.

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, is sound_tree_fall.play() called?

"Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom."
-Albert Einstein
ignaciobalbuena
Level 0

Score!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2011, 10:11:10 AM »

aaaaa! I just found about this today, how come I didn't see it before Shocked ! I'm new here too, but would like to collaborate in a game and see what comes up. This particular compo doesn't seem to the same sucess as the others, -B games, demakes-, in terms of entries, but I'm still really excited to be around here as this happens!

J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2011, 10:50:29 PM »

Awesome, about 7 days to go and I'm about ready to start.

hi
Schwiggy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2011, 05:57:30 AM »

Aw I'm making a game for a different Halloween competition based on an urban legend and this one started a week after this comp and ends a day before it..
That means I can't enter this with it right?

unsilentwill
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2011, 07:45:31 AM »

I can't extend the deadline, but I bet you can get it done a day early and get voted on with the rest of them, but I suppose that's up to you. A few people started a late so I wouldn't worry about that part.

Schwiggy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2011, 08:21:05 AM »

But what about the rule that
Entries must be made for the competition only

Also the other competition prevents me from releasing the full version publicly until the 31rst - the exact end date of this one. So can I privately send you the full version and then release it publicly that Monday?

shojin
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2011, 06:11:48 PM »

Frantically making music... two tracks to go - one day left to make em. Pffft, I can do that.

unsilentwill
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2011, 06:17:07 PM »

It's getting close to the end here, work hard and finish strong guys!

J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2011, 02:55:26 AM »

WELP I BETTER GET STARTED THEN My Word!

hi
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic