Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411504 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 06:26:50 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsPortfoliosPublic Relations Consulting
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Public Relations Consulting  (Read 2193 times)
BIGindiePR
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: October 10, 2011, 03:11:29 PM »

Hello everyone, long time reader of TIGsource, first time forum poster. I've recently started a public relations company dedicated to indie games, and as a grand opening I'm doing a free pr event. Basically I'm offering a few indies some free pr work to get my foot in the door, I've done some pr for a few indies already, but I still need to get my company out there, and this is an opportunity for me to do so. My site is still under construction, but it's open to the public at: www.bigindiepr.com and the page with more details on the free pr event is: www.bigindiepr.com/events

Thanks guys, and I hope to hear from a few of you guys.

BIGindiePR
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 08:21:38 PM »

Small update guys, we've had a few indies submit to our free pr event, but we want more. Just to clarify, this is a free event, you won't be charged anything, and we'll be doing the work. Don't miss a great chance to get your game noticed.

www.bigindiepr.com/events

Falmil
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 09:13:50 PM »

In the month of November BIGindiePR will be holding a pro bono event, in which indie  developers can sign up to receive "Free" PR from us.

Um...what do the quotation marks mean?
hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 03:09:00 AM »

Means it's not free.

BIGindiePR
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 08:18:37 AM »

Means it's not free.
No, it's truly 100% free, I'm not a lawyer, and I wouldn't trick people like that. My use of the quotes was incorrect, I was trying to draw attention to the event being free. My apologies if anyone thought different.

Falmil
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 09:59:25 AM »

So, what kinds of things does this "free pr" entail?
BIGindiePR
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2011, 10:43:25 AM »

Press release, video submission, and other consulting. If you're interested go to the link and sign up. You know how people say any PR is good PR, well free PR is better.

Leroy Binks
Level 0

Team Lead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2011, 10:11:02 AM »

Press release, video submission, and other consulting. If you're interested go to the link and sign up. You know how people say any PR is good PR, well free PR is better.

Well, that just sounds peachy. I browsed your site but found very little information. You listed past clients, but not what you did for them nor the results. "Video game journalist" could mean as little as a blogger and as much as writer for PC Magazine.   What sort of background, contacts, and experience do you bring that would help my business over the marketing campaigns and press packages that I can put together for myself?   

There are plenty of pixelated programmers pounding out products of peculiar playability at a prolific pace with purported profits.

This reply has been brought to you today by the letter "P"
BIGindiePR
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2011, 05:51:03 PM »

Well, that just sounds peachy. I browsed your site but found very little information. You listed past clients, but not what you did for them nor the results. "Video game journalist" could mean as little as a blogger and as much as writer for PC Magazine.   What sort of background, contacts, and experience do you bring that would help my business over the marketing campaigns and press packages that I can put together for myself?   

Specific information about previous contracts, No, that's a breach of contract, but I'll be a general as possible. Results, Search "A Virus Named Tom", Rock Paper Shotgun, Indiegames.com, so one month over 20 articles. I'm the senior lead indie games editor for Goozernation (www.goozernation.com)You may not have heard of it, but we get, on average  well over 10,000 unique views each day, we receive media passes to GDC, PAX, Comiccon, and many others, we receive review games like Deus Ex HR, Rage, Dungeon siege III, and many other AAA title. As you can see, not a blog. If you want free PR sign up, but if this doesn't convince you then there's probably nothing I can say to do that.

Leroy Binks
Level 0

Team Lead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2011, 09:22:01 PM »

Specific information about previous contracts, No, that's a breach of contract....

No sir, not interested in confidential information, just interested in results.  I have a pretty solid plan as to how I would like to promote our game when it is complete later this year, but the greater audience the better.  I am just looking for an idea of what your exact services and abilities are. It's my job to make executive decisions for my team, and that means being informed.  PM me if you uncomfortable listing your services publicly, but I think your journalistic credits should be listed on your website. They are something to help bolster your professional image.

There are plenty of pixelated programmers pounding out products of peculiar playability at a prolific pace with purported profits.

This reply has been brought to you today by the letter "P"
Falmil
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2011, 09:37:50 PM »

Results, Search "A Virus Named Tom", Rock Paper Shotgun, Indiegames.com, so one month over 20 articles.
I don't even know what this means. There are 20 articles on the game on RPS and indiegames.com?
BIGindiePR
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2011, 12:52:30 PM »

Results, Search "A Virus Named Tom", Rock Paper Shotgun, Indiegames.com, so one month over 20 articles.
I don't even know what this means. There are 20 articles on the game on RPS and indiegames.com?

Search "A Virus Named Tom"(via a search engine like Google)during that contract we got around 20, more than that I believe, on all kinds of different websites. Most notably sites like Rock-Paper Shotgun and IndieGames.com.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic