Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 27, 2024, 02:01:06 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessOnline Game Marketing companies
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Online Game Marketing companies  (Read 814 times)
worldalpha
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: October 14, 2011, 12:40:35 PM »

As I continue to develop my next game, I have started to work on a marketing plan. This has been fairly easy, as I currently work for a web development and marketing company. I tried to see if I could find an online game marketing company and my searches came up empty. Does anyone know if these exist? If so, could you show me a few examples. If not, do you think there would be a market for this? Game developers who want to focus on developing their game, and paying others to market it for them. Below is an example of some of the services I was thinking of. Any help locating them, or letting me know if you or someone you know could use this service, would be appreciated.

Web Site Creation including forums, customer support, etc.
 Social Media - Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.
 Press Releases Submission
 Press Releases Writing
 Search Engine Optimization
 Directory & Search Engine submissions
 Review & Voting Site submissions
 Mailing Lists
 Beta Testers Acquisition
 Devblogs
 Forums
 Lead Generation Advertising
 Pay Per Click Advertising

« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 04:16:16 PM by worldalpha » Logged

Majestic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 04:26:39 PM »

You definitely have the right idea worldalpha, People here don't want to believe that marketing is important that you just release games on steam and thousands flock to it, play it and buy it. It doesn't work like that, people don't buy things because their "good" most of the time.  I try to tell people that you need marketing to get your game played and bought. Not all the time but it helps a lot...who's going to play your game if no one knows about it?

Marketing, advertising and promotion is a skill all on it's own in my eyes.  There are also online marketing companies that will market for you so you could focus more on your game. Pay a marketer and they will most definitely get your game heard and played and bought.

What you listed though sounds good, your definitely on the right track if you want to market yourself.   

www.soundcloud.com/majestic8390 - My game music portfolio
For custom game music tailored for your project contact me majestic8390[at]gmail[dot]com
ink.inc
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 04:29:49 PM »

People here don't want to believe that marketing is important that you just release games on steam and thousands flock to it, play it and buy it.

what people 'here' would you be referring to

Huh?

Majestic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 04:39:37 PM »

No offense to anyone..not everyone here is like that I meant the people that flamed me when I say it's a good idea to have a marketer on your team. You mention a business aspect and some look at you like your some sort of sellout bloodsucking demon

I'm exaggerating a bit, so don't take me too seriously Smiley

www.soundcloud.com/majestic8390 - My game music portfolio
For custom game music tailored for your project contact me majestic8390[at]gmail[dot]com
ink.inc
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 04:44:42 PM »

Whoever they are, they're dum.

Marketing is an essential part of every indie's business. Even Paul Eres thinks so, for christ's sake, and he's as indie-core as it gets.

If there's ever been any flame for honestly marketing your game to your customers, I've never seen it here on TIGS.

Links, please?

EDIT: oh... you changed your post for clarity... never mind
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic