Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 10:31:26 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsWah! I Want the Next Compo! Do you?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Wah! I Want the Next Compo! Do you?  (Read 25159 times)
PaulMorel
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: July 11, 2008, 08:21:42 AM »

I joined these forums at the start of the PG Compo.  It was just too exciting to resist.   Grin

In fact, all the brilliant work, creativity and excitement that surrounded the competition was amazing.  So right now, I have to admit that I am eagerly waiting the start of the next competition.   Cry

I think that we have all had time to digest the PG Compo, and even all of the unofficial awards seem to have been awarded.  I don't want to rush anyone, and I certainly don't mean to add stress to anyone's workload, but I'm wondering what the hold up is on starting the next compo? 

If there's some work that needs to be done relating to rules and/or graphics or something, I would certainly be willing to take that off the site organizers' hands, if they so wish.  And I'm certain that other, perhaps more talented people would also be willing to donate their time.

Are you eagerly waiting the next compo?

my computer music blog: http://www.thisisnotalabel.com
Graham Lexie
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 09:17:25 AM »

Well I am eagerly waiting to find out what it is. If it excites me enough I'll try to submit something! So I shall say: yes!
Decipher
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 09:29:12 AM »

same here i'm more than eagerly waiting for the next compo as  i missed  the pg compo :/
Mr. Yes
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 09:33:01 AM »

Yes! I never made anything for the previous competition, and plus, I need something to motivate me to make a game.

medieval
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 09:58:34 AM »

I'm not sure if I'm going to make anything, but I'm eager nonetheless.

So yeah.
PaulMorel
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 10:16:10 AM »

phew!  I was beginning to think I was alone, and that everyone was just bearing down to get ready for IGF.    Shocked

I'd really like to do a collaboration for the next compo too, and I am eager to find a good trio/foursome to work with on whatever creative idea we can come up with!

my computer music blog: http://www.thisisnotalabel.com
ArmchairArmada
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2008, 10:59:56 AM »

I wanted another competition the moment the last one ended!  I find that I am more productive during these competitions than any other time.  I think it's the social aspect of it that's so addictive -- everybody is so eager to find out what the other people are working on.  It's great.

I didn't get to complete my project for the PG competition, but I learned a few things about using my time effectively from trying to do the last Mini LudumDare (though I didn't complete that on time either!)  I was able to do more in those two days than I thought possible, and now I want to know what I can seriously accomplish in a new four week competition!
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2008, 11:22:53 AM »

There might bethe possibility that until after the IGF we may only have a small compo or none at all. That's up to Derek.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2008, 12:33:37 PM »

Eh Paulmorel weren't you supposed to flesh out last colonists? Get back to work lol!

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
medieval
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2008, 03:23:55 PM »

I'd really like to do a collaboration for the next compo too, and I am eager to find a good trio/foursome to work with on whatever creative idea we can come up with!

I might, but only might.

No guarantee at all. You might as well take it as a lie.

But maybe.
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2008, 03:29:08 PM »

I'm waiting for the 2nd Annual B-Games Compo to make something. I am probably going to submit Brain Drain again. However, it won't be a damn demo. This time I am going to submit a finished product Grin

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2008, 09:09:27 PM »

I'm waiting for the 2nd Annual B-Games Compo to make something. I am probably going to submit Brain Drain again. However, it won't be a damn demo. This time I am going to submit a finished product Grin
Lips Sealed You're supposed to make the whole game within the competition timeframe.

skaldicpoet9
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2008, 06:49:04 PM »

Lips Sealed You're supposed to make the whole game within the competition timeframe.

This isn't going to even be the same game. I actually don't even have the actual game as it was when I submitted it to the compo. I lost the file somewhere down the line so all I have now is the rough cut which I am not going to use at all. This time I am going to build the game from the ground up. Basically the only thing that it will have in common with the first game is the name and some of the gameplay mechanics.

Besides as long as the game is made within the competition's timeframe then you can use whatever pre-existing material that you have:

- Feel free to bring in any of your own art, music, or code snippets (premade game engines are fine), so long as the actual game itself is put together during the competition period.

(from the rules of the last B-Game compo)

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2008, 10:24:26 PM »

If the next one is the chinese bootlegs compo, I want it NOW.

skaldicpoet9
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2008, 06:08:28 AM »

If the next one is the chinese bootlegs compo, I want it NOW.

Yes!

No matter what I am definitely going to make something for that one.

PHeMoX
Level 2

"All bugs are belong to us."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2008, 09:54:29 AM »

phew!  I was beginning to think I was alone, and that everyone was just bearing down to get ready for IGF.    Shocked

That's begin November right? Eeck I've got to hurry then... with my current work pace I won't be finished before IGF 2014.  Roll Eyes

"Fun is rule."
TooMuchSpareTime
Level 3

Came for the VGNG comp, stayed for the other stuff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2008, 03:45:41 AM »

Does it have to be Chinese bootlegs? Maybe we could each choose any nationality we please to bootleggify.

(Ancient Viking bootleg FTW)
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2008, 04:46:25 AM »

Atlantis Bootlegs?

medieval
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2008, 06:27:58 AM »

Native American Bootleg
moi