Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411428 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 12:09:42 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsRed Wizard Island
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
Print
Author Topic: Red Wizard Island  (Read 25964 times)
r0ber7
Level 2

i like games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: March 12, 2016, 03:25:13 AM »

I revived this project. And made another level. Then I found many bugs.

r0ber7
Level 2

i like games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: March 28, 2016, 04:00:38 PM »

Today I did a forest level, with some elves and a few darklings.

r0ber7
Level 2

i like games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: March 29, 2016, 03:43:06 PM »

I tweaked the forest level some more, and now it won't load. So it's back to bug hunting for now. I also want to cut off a lot of unnecessary codebase. Optimization and elmination are needed.

Pixelologist
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 29, 2016, 03:48:52 PM »

Both your signature and avatar are broken jpegs.
r0ber7
Level 2

i like games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: March 29, 2016, 04:17:43 PM »

Thank you, I had not considered it. It has been a long time since I visited these forums. :-)

r0ber7
Level 2

i like games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: April 19, 2016, 04:08:35 PM »

The way I compile currently is by running GLBasic v12 on an old Windows laptop, which I've got hooked up to the ethernet. It compiles for Mac, using OS-X uni.

This is tedious (having to work with two computers) so I've tried setting up GLBasic v14 in a VirtualBox, but to no avail.

For now I only make minor changes to the code, and I'm making levels. I added a castle to the forest level shown above. I'm also planning an ocean level, with lots of boats and squid.

r0ber7
Level 2

i like games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: April 28, 2016, 03:17:03 PM »

I've made a lot of progress these days. This is because I installed Crossover, making development a lot easier.

<3

- tweaked the shield particle effects
- added earth magic animations
- tweaked jump gravity
- fixed a bug in the menu
- fixed broken colour customization of wizard
- added details to existing levels
- fixed enemy spawning
- edited a bunch of levels

I still cannot directly compile for Mac. It gives the error "create process failed", which probably has something to do with Crossover. Maybe I can adjust the bottle settings.

r0ber7
Level 2

i like games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: March 12, 2017, 01:51:28 AM »

Just posting to say I've started work on this once again. I've changed the map selection screen and grass now moves once an animated entity touches it.  Coffee

r0ber7
Level 2

i like games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: March 24, 2017, 01:57:27 PM »

As development continues, I wonder what to post here. I am still making levels, and tweaking character movement, camera movement, and so on. Making some new graphics here and there, all that. It just hardly seems news worthy. It seems like only if I make an entirely new enemy or drawing, it would be something I could maybe share.

How do you guys do this?

Shrug

r0ber7
Level 2

i like games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: May 02, 2017, 06:29:12 AM »

I made a small website for Red Wizard Island.

It will serve as a feedback channel and for people who want to be notified on release.

Ninja Dodo
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: May 03, 2017, 11:54:39 PM »

As development continues, I wonder what to post here. I am still making levels, and tweaking character movement, camera movement, and so on. Making some new graphics here and there, all that. It just hardly seems news worthy. It seems like only if I make an entirely new enemy or drawing, it would be something I could maybe share.

How do you guys do this?

Shrug

It's a tricky one. I haven't updated my devlog in a while, mostly because right now everything is kind of broken and half-finished, but development continues. I think I could show some incremental progress on various things but it also takes a lot of time to compile a good devlog entry that isn't this just "here's a GIF of a thing I'm doing". Although maybe I should just post more GIFs as well. Tongue

Also though at some point you definitely have to steer towards wrapping it up in some way, maybe cutting some features, but finishing *something*.

Still, kudos on sticking with it! Beer!

r0ber7
Level 2

i like games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: May 04, 2017, 07:00:44 AM »

Also though at some point you definitely have to steer towards wrapping it up in some way, maybe cutting some features, but finishing *something*.

Still, kudos on sticking with it! Beer!

Thank you for the reply. My game is in the same state, half-finished and a bit buggy around the edges. I definitely agree with you on finishing something. That's why currently I'm only reducing and debugging, not adding new things. The refining and polishing takes some time though.

Also, gifs are a good idea, I usually upload to YouTube but that's not as portable and quick.

r0ber7
Level 2

i like games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: May 05, 2017, 04:19:39 AM »

Made a gif.

And a youtube.

r0ber7
Level 2

i like games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: May 30, 2017, 06:21:19 AM »

Recently made adjustments to the menu map level select. You know, like a world map. It's nothing fancy but it's not ugly either and it does the job. Still a ways to go, but sometimes it's good to celebrate the little things too.

Wizard

r0ber7
Level 2

i like games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: June 12, 2017, 01:37:29 AM »

Map may change in the future. Could be that I remove the second mountain.

r0ber7
Level 2

i like games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: July 17, 2018, 11:42:22 AM »

Finished building the first boat level. I've made a screen recording of me playing it. Fixed a whole lot of bugs in the process as well.
Forgive me for the audio quality, it is a bit low.

r0ber7
Level 2

i like games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: November 16, 2018, 02:17:01 AM »

Steam release date set: 21 January 2019. Now Steam is reviewing my application.

Also, check out the new website: redwizardisland.com

r0ber7
Level 2

i like games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: November 23, 2018, 12:12:31 AM »

The Steam store page has been approved so I set it to 'coming soon'. You can view the page here. Smiley

I think I will change the logo to something a bit more "flashy" and colourful, but overall I am quite happy with it.

ARF Initiative
Level 0

ARF Initiative

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: November 23, 2018, 03:18:14 AM »

Really nice work. Kind of like it! Could be interesting if the character could do some kind of bigger spell while you are pressing the left mousse button.

Let's join the ARF Initiative Discord: https://discord.gg/PPAed7Z

r0ber7
Level 2

i like games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: November 23, 2018, 03:36:51 AM »

Really nice work. Kind of like it! Could be interesting if the character could do some kind of bigger spell while you are pressing the left mousse button.

Thanks for the reply. Smiley The size of the fireballs gets bigger the longer you press the mouse button. Maybe I can indicate that in the mouse cursor.

Coffee

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic