Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411492 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 07:45:44 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralTIGSTWG VII: Annihilation [GAME OVER: HUMANS AND THIEF WIN] - Killville Vol. 8
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34
Print
Author Topic: TIGSTWG VII: Annihilation [GAME OVER: HUMANS AND THIEF WIN] - Killville Vol. 8  (Read 88694 times)
Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #640 on: July 27, 2008, 07:25:29 AM »

One more thing: Cheater, did you know who I was? I feel like Captain Catton may have pm'd you with increpare's identity just before his death, which led to you slicing increpare. And if Catton had sent you increpare's identity, I thought he could have sent you mine as well.
Nope. I seer'd him.
battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #641 on: July 27, 2008, 07:40:17 AM »

Well played, everyone!

We had it all planned out, we felt invincible, and then I was backstabbed by a ghost summoned by one of my fellow werewolf brethen  Shocked

Oh well, I LOVED the madness.

Seriously, this was the most batshit-insane game of werewolf I have EVER witnessed.

I loved it  Gentleman
Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #642 on: July 27, 2008, 07:43:01 AM »

I accumulated the grand amount of 43 messages related to this TIGSTWG.

Edit: Also:

Cheater steps forward -
"Any final words, dear Fartron?"
Fartron looks up at Cheater and just smiles, fangs bared, eyes glowing a vibrant red. With that, Cheater lifts his boot and with a mighty kick, sends Fartron flying through the clocks glass face and to the ground stories below.

THIS IS KILLVILLE!
McAndrews
« Reply #643 on: July 27, 2008, 09:30:36 AM »

That was an amazing experience for my first game.  Thanks everybody, the game really turned out well, especially with the large number of players and extremely complicated special abilities.  Gentleman And Xion, thanks for hosting this thing again, it must have taken a lot of concentration to keep track of everything at once.   Gentleman
So my thoughts about the end of the game...
My trip to Artilleryville was great, because it got me out of the town after the deadly first night, and gave me two amazing abilities.  The turrets and the bazooka.  According to Xion..."Also,
you bought a muthafuckin' bazooka. But the rounds costed too much so you could only afford one. Maybe a ballistics expert back in Killville Vol. 8 could manufacture some more for you?
Anyway, you can use the muthafuckin' bazooka to blow up buildings. Once. During the day or night. Just lemme know, k?"  I randomly choose Annabelle to splode.  It was just luck that she was really a demon.  And I first really wanted to blow up jstckr and the church, because that would be amazing on the map, but he got lynched before that.  To get to Annabelle I had to cross one turret,  which I got lucky on, so I thought the night I got turreted that I had a pretty good chance of making it.
And the most humorous part of the game for me, was when Garthy tried to reveal CaptainCatton as the serial killer.  And he sent me this message before hand, because I had convinced him that I was a innocent with my work on the turrets and other pm with him.  "McAndrews, I am taking a chance with this message, for I believe that you are probably an innocent, based on your actions. I don't know for sure though, so this is a gamble.

I have been in contact with the Seer, and they have offered me proof that is hard to dispute- my real identity. They gave me the identity of a killer, probably a serial killer, probably the only one. The Seer and I have discussed things, and agreed to a plan to blackmail the killer into working for us. I have sent the killer the message below. Reading it will reveal the identity of the serial killer. Whatever you do, do not share this information with anyone, for we are going to try to use him to work for us. Do not accuse him in any way, act as if you have no idea.

If I am unable to defend myself this evening and I die, and the evidence suggests it was the serial killer who killed me, reveal his identity. Also reveal the hint I gave the other day about looking for the lie in my past comments. This should give us the potential identities of wolves.

As I cannot be 100% sure that you are safe, I won't say who the Seer is, but as soon as I have confirmation, I will share everything as soon as I know.

Do not publicly out the killer unless he betrays us. We need him alive."
Then the actually message CaptainCatton followed.  At first I thought that Garthy was actually trying to out me, in a twisted, diabolically clever way.  But I realized if he knew I was the serial killer, I could always take the deal offered to CaptainCatton, or just ignore it, see what happens, and use my ability to kill someone once a night to make it to the end of the game.  When CaptainCatton actually published the message and tried to get Garthy killed, I laughed so hard.  That was amazing.
My overall plan for the game was to get rid of the werewolves, vamps, and demons first, and then murder everyone in their beds.  Thanks Garthy for thinking I was so "brilliant".  Really I just played like a human and then killed random people at night.  Did anyone know that I was the serial killer before I got turreted?  I'm surprised that someone didn't seer-er me before my death. 
And my "serial killer personality" I choose for the game, was someone so annoyed by IWantToBeTheGuy and his failure to beat it because he was constantly being called on toe deliver messages, that he decided to kill everyone in the town to get some peace. 
And Melly, I'm definitely in the next game.  But lets not use turrets, and do something else.  We already kinda figured out the turret idea, lets come up with other crazy things.  Like a town divided through the middle by a river or moat, with a drawbridge that can be raised to divide the town through the middle, preventing the town from being crossed by vamps or werewolves.  But not mermen.  The creepy kind of mermen, from the Black Lagoon kind of stuff.  And wow, we managed to write a lot of stuff in this thread. 
hroon
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #644 on: July 27, 2008, 09:56:15 AM »

No, McAndrews, you were brilliant. I probably would have doubted my own identity before suspecting you. Randomly choosing targets also fits the role perfectly.

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #645 on: July 27, 2008, 10:02:36 AM »

Actually, I was thinking of keeping it simpler this time. I feel that people may be a bit burned out from the complexity of this game. I will however try to implement a map, and maybe have some small effects in gameplay from it. Nothing major, but I'm still working out the last few details.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
McAndrews
« Reply #646 on: July 27, 2008, 10:09:18 AM »

Sounds great.  However much I loved typing pages and pages of stuff (you know what I'm talking about Garthy!) a simpler game seems like a good choice/contrast now.  Looking forward to the next one.  And by the way, how many of these games have you guys played?   
Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #647 on: July 27, 2008, 10:13:35 AM »

Sounds great.  However much I loved typing pages and pages of stuff (you know what I'm talking about Garthy!) a simpler game seems like a good choice/contrast now.  Looking forward to the next one.  And by the way, how many of these games have you guys played?   
TIGSTWG VII.
imaginationac
Level 2

Makin' games instead of makin' money.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #648 on: July 27, 2008, 10:17:22 AM »

I pretty much gave up on catching up when I was revived, and just hoped that the outcome would come to what it did without my interfering...mostly because I didn't want to die twice in one game Gentleman

Youtube channel | Charger! Dev Log

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #649 on: July 27, 2008, 10:32:38 AM »

I pretty much gave up on catching up when I was revived, and just hoped that the outcome would come to what it did without my interfering...mostly because I didn't want to die twice in one game Gentleman

That's exactly why I urge even dead players to keep following the thread of my game, even if just for the bigger details. And to keep an eye on their message box.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #650 on: July 27, 2008, 12:20:32 PM »

I could kill anyone I pleased once per night. Like a serial killer who's on the human team. It could have been pretty powerful but I'm usually pretty indecisive (such as when I was vigilante last game) so I probably wouldn't have used the power to its full potential.

Good thing I didn't find you first. After getting over my fear of contacting you (like when I thought Garthy was processing the werewolve's kills as food   Shocked), it pretty much would involve me telling Chutup to kill EVERYBODY, then wondering why the villians became good guys overnight. 
actually you'd more likely think he was the serial killer by the way I'd word your vision. After all, if you saw mostly innocents as deranged killers what would you see an actual killer as? WTF

exactly how the Haunted Seer worked (I'm guessing dodgy night visions)
His visions held a hint of truth but tended to make everyone look like psycho killers anyway. Like seeing hroon covered in blood, which wasn't far off, since he was the profuse bleeder, or seeing Xotes surrounded by dead people, when he was the medium. I think the only way he recognized you was because I couldn't figure out how to make a coward look deadly.

I accumulated the grand amount of 43 messages related to this TIGSTWG.
I beat you by about 150.

Actually, I was thinking of keeping it simpler this time. I feel that people may be a bit burned out from the complexity of this game.
Good choice  Tired

increpare
« Reply #651 on: July 27, 2008, 12:34:26 PM »

Good choice  Tired
I feel your pain, Xion.
Mitchard
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #652 on: July 27, 2008, 12:36:07 PM »

Man, that was pretty awesome.

Who exploded my house though? And was I diseased from the start of the game or did I catch it on the second day or something?
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #653 on: July 27, 2008, 12:57:04 PM »

Nah you were ill from the start but would've become more and more diseased each day. If you survived to day 3 you'd automatically become a zombie. If someone killed you before that they would catch your disease and you'd return a zombie the next day, and if they were killed they'd become a zombie and their killer would become ill and so on and so on. All zombies would make one united kill a night. But since you were killed indirectly I thought it'd be unfair to make GeneralValter ill and just averted the whole zombie crisis altogether. In the end I think it turned out much more balanced, as vampires, werewolves, and serial killers were enough to deal with without zombies in the mix.

Also, sorry about not giving the werewolves and vampires a kill on that one night (yeah it was the same night) Embarrassed

Garthy
Level 9

Quack, verily

View Profile WWW
« Reply #654 on: July 27, 2008, 04:10:40 PM »

And the most humorous part of the game for me, was when Garthy tried to reveal CaptainCatton as the serial killer.

And he sent me this message before hand

No, no, I didn't send it, he's lying! He's.... Ah. Okay, I did send it then, that's not going to work twice, is it? Wink

The humans were pretty disadvantaged given the level of innocent killing on the first night, and I thought we were stuffed. I gave some thought as to the whole situation. The first night showed three factions at work, so I figured the best chance was to play one off against the other. The question was how. When the "Seer" (Gainsworthy) contacted me with some sinister details about catton, we bounced some ideas back and forth about what to do, and then I thought- let's blackmail the killer into working for us. That way we get a kill a night, an extra vote a day, and a chance to fight back. And I'd never seen WTG blackmail before, so I thought it new enough that the villains wouldn't catch on until it was too late.

Unfortunately if Gainsworthy was lying, he'd clean up the evidence and try it again on someone else, so I needed some insurance. You seemed pretty on-the-level, and I thought it'd be worth a shot to trust him in that way. I did not suspect, even slightly with the most remote possibility at all, that you were the Serial Killer at that time. I didn't for the rest of the game either. The only real thing that concerned me was I was having trouble getting the specifics on his ability. That, and you were far too friendly. Wink I thought it unlikely, but maybe you were a wolf or vamp. Again, never suspected you were the serial killer.

I think I'd actually asked Gainsworthy if he could Seer you (because I wanted to be sure you were safe), but heard nothing back. I believe Gainsworthy had no control over who his visions were on, but hadn't mentioned that at all at that point. Heck, I still don't know if that is the truth or not. What a tangled web we weave!

So anyway, I think it was a good plan. Except my partner in crime was cursed, my confidant was the actual killer, and my mark just made it public. But apart from that, it was perfect, dammit. Wink

His visions held a hint of truth but tended to make everyone look like psycho killers anyway. Like seeing hroon covered in blood, which wasn't far off, since he was the profuse bleeder, or seeing Xotes surrounded by dead people, when he was the medium. I think the only way he recognized you was because I couldn't figure out how to make a coward look deadly.

On the subject of Gainsworthy's visions, I'm still confused. Gainsworthy got fuzzy visions in general, but when he contacted me, he said I was a Coward (correct colouring and title). Was the message about me unique in some way in that it had my actual identity? I never did figure that out.

I think we both caught on after catton and Xotes turned out to be innocent(ish), with different outcomes. Gainsworthy would have been questioning his visions, and I was questioning Gainsworthy's honesty. :} At the time of his death, I had strongly suspected he was a vampire.

Re making a coward look deadly, I had a couple of shots at it, but couldn't come up with something I liked. The closest I came is talk of a dark figure in a house, silence, "his work done, a bloody cleaver falls to the ground", and the figure flees the house. I couldn't make it sound right though. It is tricky. Smiley
Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #655 on: July 27, 2008, 04:44:50 PM »

Re making a coward look deadly, I had a couple of shots at it, but couldn't come up with something I liked. The closest I came is talk of a dark figure in a house, silence, "his work done, a bloody cleaver falls to the ground", and the figure flees the house. I couldn't make it sound right though. It is tricky. Smiley

Something about running away covered in blood might work. Take care not to mention it's his/her blood, and you're set.
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #656 on: July 27, 2008, 04:50:51 PM »

Or better yet: "bulky figures chase a distant shadow in the night". That could make it totally ambiguous as to whether garthy was the werewolf or the victim.
Garthy
Level 9

Quack, verily

View Profile WWW
« Reply #657 on: July 27, 2008, 05:15:29 PM »

Something about running away covered in blood might work. Take care not to mention it's his/her blood, and you're set.

Yes, yes, and yes. Smiley

I think if we put it out there we'd end up with a pretty good colaborative result. Poor Xion might not have had that luxury, and probably had to come up with it very quickly.
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #658 on: July 27, 2008, 08:31:09 PM »

I believe Gainsworthy had no control over who his visions were on, but hadn't mentioned that at all at that point. Heck, I still don't know if that is the truth or not. What a tangled web we weave!
On the subject of Gainsworthy's visions, I'm still confused. Gainsworthy got fuzzy visions in general, but when he contacted me, he said I was a Coward (correct colouring and title). Was the message about me unique in some way in that it had my actual identity? I never did figure that out.
Yes, it was unique in that, being the first vision Gainsworthy had, I hadn't quite figured out how to format the text of his visions and foolishly colored the word "cowardly" blue. The rest of his visions had no such hints. I think it just helped to strengthen his resolve that he was the true seer though, when it came into question.
Also, yep, nope, unlike the real seer, Gainsworthy couldn't choose the target of his visions.

Garthy
Level 9

Quack, verily

View Profile WWW
« Reply #659 on: July 27, 2008, 08:59:23 PM »

Yes, it was unique in that, being the first vision Gainsworthy had, I hadn't quite figured out how to format the text of his visions and foolishly colored the word "cowardly" blue. The rest of his visions had no such hints. I think it just helped to strengthen his resolve that he was the true seer though, when it came into question.
Also, yep, nope, unlike the real seer, Gainsworthy couldn't choose the target of his visions.

Ah, that explains it all then. You can imagine how suspicious it was from my point-of-view to have been his only accurate vision, plus not hearing he had no control over who was seen until later on. Really threw my crazy theories even further out there. Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic