Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411485 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 08:24:14 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsUltra Troopers Needs You!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Ultra Troopers Needs You!  (Read 1197 times)
Innerscope
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: October 19, 2011, 08:24:01 PM »

"Ultra Troopers"

Ultra Troopers is the name, 2D multi-directional shooter action is the game. This is a project I started for a game development competition, and I'd like to continue to work on it. I need a sprite artist, and a musician. I'm open to any suggestions involving game mechanics (that don't stray too far from implementation) and the story. Right now there isn't much story, and the game is pretty vanilla in terms of features, but I believe that it has a lot of potential and I'd love to see it finished by the beginning next year.

Please note that this is only built for MacOSX, I will build a Windows version eventually. As for a Linux version, I can only hope.

A download of what I have so far is available here: http://ultra-troopers-x.googlecode.com/files/Ultra_Troopersb4.zip

You may ask yourself, am I going to get paid for doing this? Shouldn't creating a game you're proud of be enough??? haha, no I understand, time is money, etc. That's why the finished version will be going up on the Mac app store. (Will look for a PC/Windows equivalent with the windows release or may even do the old shareware method) Any profit made will be split equally amongst the team.
The ideal candidate will:
Live in the bay area (East Bay, CA in the USA that is... I'm in Oakland, CA) not a requirement, but would be really nice.
Own an intel mac running OSX 10.6+. (once again not required, but would be nice)
Have an awesome work ethic/love for creating games.
Coffee

Current Project: Wizard's Pie (iOS)
Future Project: Maiden Days (iOS)
Other Stuff: Blog
 & Web Site (Under Construction)
johntorkington
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 02:08:59 PM »

This looks pretty interesting but I don't have a Mac therefore won't be able to play it. Do you think you could post a video of the game for those of us who don't have OSX? I might like to write some music for you Smiley
adyo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 09:59:51 PM »

Any thoughts as to musical flavor or do you just want someone to come up with their own interpretation?

PM me if you like. I've had moderate success as a musician in both techno land and doing beatless ambient stuff, both ranging from weird and spooky to something you might actually dance to.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic