Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411523 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 12:51:34 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallHuespace - Price Drop
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Huespace - Price Drop  (Read 1602 times)
Carefree games
« on: October 20, 2011, 12:27:38 PM »

HUESPACE 

Developed by Quintin Stokes.
Music composed by Jack Menhorn.

Take control as the pilot of a flying saucer and brave the farthest reaches of your galaxy. The forces of evil drain the galaxy of its vital energy... Seek and destroy Planet X before it's too late! To achieve your goal you'll need to blast your way past countless untold dangers and challenging bosses, upgrading your ship and uncovering secrets along the way.

Watch the

Play the DEMO

Purchase the FULL GAME (Now only $1.00!)

« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 08:03:44 AM by Nonsuch Games » Logged
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 01:27:18 PM »

just from looking at the trailer the game looks a bit slow.
Good luck anyway  Gentleman

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Theon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 04:59:10 PM »

It looks slow and uninspired.
Why would I want to pay for this?
JackMenhorn
Level 2

Sound Designer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 05:44:58 PM »

If the video makes it look slow then that is my fault in editing the video!  Please try the demo for yourself.  I don't think you will regret the 7 1/2 seconds it will take to download and play!

Sound Designer<br />www.jackmenhorn.com

Nova-111 OST: https://jackmenhorn.bandcamp.com/album/nova-111
Bishop
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 04:15:35 PM »

Downloaded, went to play but gave up. Hit escape to skip the intro, ended up closing it. Tried again, rattled lots of buttons in the menu for a minute or two but couldn't work out the menus.
deathtotheweird
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 04:48:34 PM »

yeah I had the same problem. apparently you control some parts of the menu with the mouse and then other parts with the wasd keys or something? I couldn't figure the in-game controls either but after spamming the keys I found the right ones eventually.

the game is a bit of a mess visually. nothing makes sense, I couldn't tell what I was doing or what I was supposed to shoot or what I was supposed to pick up or avoid. I know the manual shows it but in-game every sprite is an unreadable mess.

I guess the game would make sense to the developer but did you play-test this on other people? seems like so much confusion in this game that could have been avoided. shift toggles full-screen? ctrl toggles alternative control states? who uses the numpad for default controls? why can't I have a menu for these things instead of hot-keys? why does the menu sometimes use the mouse and then other times the keyboard?
Carefree games
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 05:33:19 AM »

I'm really astounded by how many people can't figure out the controls, though I do admit they are unconventional. That said I can do whatever I want to with the keyboard and I wanted to put movement on the left and other actions on the right. I need eight action keys. Do you see anywhere else on the right side of your keyboard that would be better than the numpad for this?

If you can see what color something is then, unless your shooting for something almost out of view, you should be able to know what it is.

Yes I playtested on other people. Nobody had a problem(they knew how to read and use a keyboard and mouse). What's wrong with Shift and Ctrl? What do you suggest in place of them? I used the numpad for default controls. Why can't you have a menu? Because I didn't make one.Durr...? The mouse is just for the title screen. I assumed that wouldn't be confusing but apparently that's quite the concept.

EDIT: Typo.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 08:07:36 AM by Nonsuch Games » Logged
Carefree games
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2011, 08:08:27 AM »

Price drop - Huespace now available for only $1.00. Wink
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic