Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411913 Posts in 69430 Topics- by 58477 Members - Latest Member: KriegsHetzer

June 10, 2024, 09:05:06 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallAwien Ambush
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Awien Ambush  (Read 1447 times)
comradepants
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: October 22, 2011, 09:02:27 PM »

Hi everyone,

I've been a lurker on this forum for a while now, but I never thought I'd be making a post announcing one of my own games! I'm part of Disgruntled Spider Productions, a dev team comprised of seven students from the Queensland University of Technology in Australia. As part of our final year assessment, we had to create a game from scratch and take it through all the right channels. As far as I'm concerned, TIGSource is definitely one of the right channels  Smiley

Our game is called Awien Ambush. Awien Ambush is the lovechild of tower defense games and the action genre. In this game, you must defend yourself and your home from an alien invasion. The player experiences the thrill of guerrilla warfare as they festoon their house with traps and engage in melee skirmishes with the alien menace. Think of it as Home Alone meets Aliens.

The game was released today on our Indie DB page (http://www.indiedb.com/games/awien-ambush/downloads/awien-ambush), so please give it a whirl and let us know what you think! I've also included a link to our gameplay trailer (

) and some screenshots for your viewing pleasure.

kukouri
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 12:16:28 AM »

Am I right in thinking from the screens that this is Aliens in a Medeval setting? If so, awesome.  Kiss
comradepants
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 12:30:08 AM »

Nope - it's just a very old house. An extremely swanky old house. Hopefully you'll still find that awesome though  Smiley

Although I guess you could pretend Timmy has time traveled...
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 05:01:38 AM »

I've been a lurker on this forum for a while now, but I never thought I'd be making a post announcing one of my own games!
Aha most bullshit first line ever.
Anyway I kindof miss games where you can see the whole level like that.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
comradepants
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 05:05:46 AM »

Aha most bullshit first line ever.

Nah, it's true. I'm more or less useless by myself unless I were to make interactive fiction... and even then I'm pretty lazy. Corny Laugh
Theon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 10:20:46 AM »

Anyway I kindof miss games where you can see the whole level like that.
Unepic is that way! And it's surprisingly fun! :D
http://www.unepicgame.com/en/game.html
kukouri
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2011, 10:24:01 PM »

Shrug Well an old swanky house could be cool as well. Going to give it a spin today since I'll be on a machine that can run it.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic