Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411421 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: timothy feriandy

April 18, 2024, 04:49:07 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsTIGJam 4 Memories
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: TIGJam 4 Memories  (Read 11373 times)
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2011, 11:09:38 PM »

I think Chevy is the god of indie. And of niceness.
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2011, 10:04:19 PM »

Does Albus have an account here? Is that how you spell his name? I got Alexitron's contact info for him Noir

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
Scoops
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2011, 05:34:34 AM »

What did you love most about the jam? For me it was the epic 0space tournament, seeing all the cool things people are working on at demo night, and getting a signed Super Meat Boy soundtrack from Danny B.

I wish 0space would get a port to somewhere so it could have network support and I can pWn some n00bs online  Sad
Chris Pavia
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2011, 09:22:52 AM »

Let Teknopants know! That matter was brought up during the tournament, but I can't remember what was said...
OneMrBean
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2011, 04:30:42 PM »

Let Teknopants know! That matter was brought up during the tournament, but I can't remember what was said...

IIRC, he doesn't want to tackle the idea of online netplay, preferring in-person multiplayer games for both lag-free gameplay and that extra factor of being able to look the loser in the eye and laugh at his tears.
Evan Balster
Level 10

I live in this head.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2011, 10:22:10 PM »

Actually, he's interested in making a port with online play from what I can tell.  He just doesn't have net programming chops himself.  :\

Creativity births expression.  Curiosity births exploration.
Our work is as soil to these seeds; our art is what grows from them...

Wreath, SoundSelf, Infinite Blank, Cave Story+, <plaid/audio>
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2011, 08:17:32 PM »

It's a bit late to mention it, but I just realized yesterday that I'm missing my two XBox 360 controllers (one black and one white), and I probably left them at the Jam. I recall bringing them out for a game of Spelunky right before the end of the Jam... If you know where they are, please PM or email me.  Smiley

ChevyRay
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2011, 09:19:50 PM »

Oh, it's YOURS!

I got home and was like, "oh FUCK, I have an extra controller in my backpack Sad damnit"

So I've been haunting this topic hoping somebody would mention it, though I guess folks are pretty honest I could've just said so. Either way, PM me your address and I'll send it your way when I can. Smiley

You weren't even sitting near me though? I wonder how the heck I managed to steal it. Anyways, I've got a controller surplus, and you're two down, so I'll mail it over.

EDIT: If it has a penchant for poutine and start's saying "eh" after every sentence, don't blame me, it's been on vacation here for over a month now.
Ashkin
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2011, 09:27:49 PM »

EDIT: If it has a penchant for poutine and start's saying "eh" after every sentence, don't blame me, it's been on vacation here for over a month now.
I laughed way harder than I should have.
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2011, 09:47:12 PM »

That probably wasn't my controller, since I'm pretty sure I had them at the end of the Jam, after you left. Maybe someone else is missing a controller, too?  Shrug

Anyways, I'd be happy to accept the controller if you're not using it (I'll cover the shipping costs, of course). I'd just like to wait another day or so first, in case anyone else comes forward.

Evan Balster
Level 10

I live in this head.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2011, 12:25:13 PM »

I remember two controllers, I think one black and one white, getting handed around as the jam wound down.  Eventually they were given to Hacker Dojo lost and found.  (I think)  So contact them.  Failing that ask Derek.

Someone else left a sweet hat.  Not as certain on what happened to it.

Creativity births expression.  Curiosity births exploration.
Our work is as soil to these seeds; our art is what grows from them...

Wreath, SoundSelf, Infinite Blank, Cave Story+, <plaid/audio>
Chris Pavia
« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2011, 12:37:01 PM »

It's a bit late to mention it, but I just realized yesterday that I'm missing my two XBox 360 controllers (one black and one white), and I probably left them at the Jam. I recall bringing them out for a game of Spelunky right before the end of the Jam... If you know where they are, please PM or email me.  Smiley

I think they are sitting in the trunk of my car, thank you for reminding me! My controllers had been appropriated for Spelunky/Madhouse, and when I got them back a couple days later, I think there were two extra. My wife has the car for the day, so I'll check when I get home from work and let you know.
ChevyRay
« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2011, 12:42:45 PM »

wtf then whose goddamn xbox controller do i have lol Facepalm
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2011, 10:50:42 AM »

I think they are sitting in the trunk of my car, thank you for reminding me! My controllers had been appropriated for Spelunky/Madhouse, and when I got them back a couple days later, I think there were two extra. My wife has the car for the day, so I'll check when I get home from work and let you know.
That would certainly fit, since I used my controllers in the same way but forgot to grab them. Let me know if you find them!

Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2011, 10:27:07 PM »

wtf then whose goddamn xbox controller do i have lol Facepalm
with all the controllers going around maybe a couple got together and made a new babby controller. congratulations.

Chris Pavia
« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2011, 10:02:46 AM »

Hey Soulliard, are you going to come to the next game jam? If so I'll bring the controllers with me.
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2011, 06:55:20 PM »

No. I'm back at school on the other end of the country. Sad I'll send you my contact details.

Scoops
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2011, 07:21:32 AM »

IIRC, he doesn't want to tackle the idea of online netplay, preferring in-person multiplayer games for both lag-free gameplay and that extra factor of being able to look the loser in the eye and laugh at his tears.

Thats grand and all and I love eating the tears of my victims, but sometimes it is not possible to have someone to play with.  He said he was playing with flash, and that is a perfect platform to push it online.  He just needs someone to help with the net code or what have you.
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2011, 12:24:37 PM »

Flash is a pretty terrible platform for netplay. (I don't think you can even do UDP with it right now?)

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic