Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411804 Posts in 69416 Topics- by 58462 Members - Latest Member: Moko1910

May 28, 2024, 11:05:13 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallRagmeg Alleycat [action/dodging]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Ragmeg Alleycat [action/dodging]  (Read 1873 times)
zsoltbartok
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: October 25, 2011, 09:07:05 AM »

Hello everyone,
I have released my first game called

RAGMEG ALLEYCAT,

it is a bike messenger themed action-dodging game that features lo-fi visuals, original music, wheelies-skitches-skid brakes and other crazy stunts to increase your score, plus a unique two player mode which is a mix of coop and vs battles.

The game looks like this:

And plays like this:

Download from my site:
http://www.sites.google.com/site/zsoltbartokgames/

The game is freeware, it was created with GM8Lite, I used free tools/resources.

This is my first release and I am hungry for feedback - if you happen to try my game out, please let me know what you think of it! Thank you!
Theon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 11:28:13 PM »

Looks pretty sweet  Hand Thumbs Up Right
zsoltbartok
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 08:46:43 AM »

Thank you Theon, I tried to do my best:)
bamcquern
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 01:10:09 PM »

This is really fun, but the cops appear too much. It's nice to just relax a bit between challenges. Riding fixed doesn't seem to add any challenge, though. Is it supposed to? Maybe I haven't advanced far enough where braking and turning at the same time is something I do regularly.
zsoltbartok
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 09:32:15 AM »

Hi, thanks for the feedback! Police cars prevent you from riding a lot near the left side of the screen (where it is easier to play), hence the frequency. Your guess is correct, traffic gets heavier as time passes and it makes using the fixed gear a bit more difficult - but you are right, probably not that much.

Even though I am not planning an update right now, it is not impossible - in that case I'll consider your points!
oyog
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 10:26:49 AM »

Hey, I saw a short review of your game on the IndieGames.com blog and grabbed it.  I ended up playing it for a couple of hours yesterday morning.  It's lots of fun and the music is awesome.

It took me forever to get past the airport but I'm particularly bad at games requiring good timing.  I always seem to clip the corners of cars and holes and I got into a terrible habit of trying to go between cars and pedestrians for a game or two.

I had no problem with the police cars.  Particularly because I spend so much of my time doing wheelies towards oncoming traffic.  That probably has a lot to do with why it took me so long to get past the airport.  Grin

I look forward to trying out your future games.
bamcquern
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2011, 07:30:17 PM »

It wasn't just the challenge of the cops that I disliked, it was also that they made so much noise right in the beginning of the game, and it seems kind of illogical to see one cop after another riding up behind a bicyclist. Is there something about skitching that makes cops go away? The division between riding near a car and hitting it was very ambiguous for me. I think it was clearer for other obstacles, though.

I don't mean to nitpick. I think the game is very fun!
zsoltbartok
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2011, 08:35:56 AM »

Thanks, oyog! Beer! You can try taking the sidewalks if the traffic gets unmanageable:)

bamcquern, your remarks are OK, they help me to improve! Police cars are quite dumb, they try to follow you but if there is another car between you and them, or if you are skitching, you are safe.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic